It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coloured clouds over Brisbane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
As I was driving to work today it was overcast and the clouds were all multicoloured. I have never seen anything like it before. Then thoughts of multi coloured clouds threads entered my mind. I thought the idea a strange until I saw them this morning.
Anyone else in Brissy see them?
Is some kind of natural disaster imminent in Brisbane or am I just having some kinds of flashback from a less savory period of my life?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
can you get any pics of the clouds? They could be "water-dogs", or maybe even something else.. without a picture of the clouds, it is impossible to know..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

My phone battery was dead this morning otherwise I would have taken a pic. Now I am at work and the colours are gone. They were very rainbow like around the edges of the clouds. Not a rainbow in each cloud but a different colour in each.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Irridescent clouds, which are formed in thin clouds

www.atoptics.co.uk...
and
www.atoptics.co.uk...

or Nacreous (or mother-of-pearl) Clouds:
www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Hope you don't have an earthquake!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Thanks, I have seen similar to these pics, but this was not quite the same this morning, but similar types of colours. These were thicker rain clouds. Not much sun was getting through if any.

I tried to search for somethinig more similar and the closest I got was these. They looked similar to these clouds but with colour around the edges.

I had never seen anything like it before, unless I have and just noticed it moreso now because of the attention on here, I can't really say.

KTK

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Hope you don't have an earthquake!

Settle petel the only thing we have to worry about is floods,cyclones and drop bears. I can still give you refuge when rex 84 takes hold,you just better be a good swimmer.

I have never in my life seen rainbow clouds, no doubt they exist. But I will back up VIKINGANT with the fact the clouds in brisbane have been grey and thick for the last couple days. I cant imagine the sun being able to penetrate these clouds to be able to form the light source for the rainbow effect. Would a ground light source be able cause such an effect?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

Thank for the support. It's good to find another Brisvegan here. Pity you didn't look up this morning though.
Side note: How good has the rain been!!!

interestedalways,
KTK is right. No chance of earthquakes here thank goodness, but if we do have one now alot of people will have to rethink alot of things.

I will be sure to takes pics if I see them again.

[edit on 3/6/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I live in Scotland and a good few years ago i and my family saw multi-coloured clouds, it was completely over-cast and the base of all the clouds in the sky were all the colours of the rainbow. I have struggled to find out what this is or why it occurrs. The clouds were just normal clouds at a height of about 1000m. Can anyone tell me what this is, basically the entire clouded sky was multi-coloured.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Its called iridescence

It occurs when sunlight refracts of water droplets and ice crystals in the atmosphere. Its a completely normal phenomenen and works in the same principal as a rainbow does...just without rain

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Rainy this morning, went for walk but couldn't see any coloured clouds.

Big ups and props for Brisvegas! If only we got some UFO flaps.. meh!

top topics

join