It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Edwards quits presidential race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
After losing in most of the Super Tuesday primaries, Presidential hopeful John Edwards announced his withdrawal from the race for the Democratic nomination.

Fox News
CNN
Bush congratulates Kerry

Snippet:
Tuesday's cross-country contests in California, New York, Ohio, Georgia, Minnesota, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont offer up 1,151 delegates. As of Tuesday, Kerry has 701 delegates to Edwards' 205. Edwards has won only one state, his native South Carolina.

The withdrawal of Edwards from the race should now put a spotlight on John Kerry's voting record as a senator as well as cause a media frenzy now that no one else with the electzbility of Kerry in the Democrats' eyes stands between the Bush - Kerry Presidential contest.

The contest between Bush and Kerry is bound to be one of middle America values vs. progressive values held by many on both coasts of the United States, people that believe in unilateralism vs. those that want multilateralism, those that believe in big business vs. those that want big government - the upcoming election promises to be the most polarizing in history.

Related ATSSN Story:
Kerry Wins

Related ATS Threads:
Kerry Scraps Terror War
Kerrys Defense Record

More to follow as story develops.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Got Ya by 2 minutes!!
www.atsnn.com...

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...
Can you check your spelling & grammar, and adhere to the submission guidelines for ATSNN? It'll make things easier to upgrade.

-B.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Mods take this one down please TMT got it first, Banshee I'm working on it - thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
well old george is counting the days he has left
there wont be no hanging chad this time around

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Mods take this one down please TMT got it first, Banshee I'm working on it - thanks

I didn't make a post of it though. Re- write this one as to ATSNN guidlines and I am Sure Banshee would bump it up. I merely commented on it two mins b4 you posted it.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
well old george is counting the days he has left
there wont be no hanging chad this time around

O contrar' I don't think America wants the war on terror scrapped.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

Originally posted by Phoenix

I didn't make a post of it though. Re- write this one as to ATSNN guidlines and I am Sure Banshee would bump it up. I merely commented on it two mins b4 you posted it.

Thanks TMT, I got it linked better now - back to subject though - hold on to your hat because we hav'nt heard any real rhetoric yet. The next six and a half months are really going to be crazy from both sides and I am sure ATS, ATSNN are going to have alot of action incoming and outgoing on this election no matter whose side your on.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Who thinks the media pushed Kerry to hard to the electorate going into this primary after Dean dropped out ? It seems to me Bush would have had a much harder time dealing with an Edwards run than he will with Kerry.

Edwards came across as a nice guy which appeals to many voters and would have made a Bush negative ad look mean in comparison.

Edwards did not have the disgusting voting record that Kerry has, removing that issue.

Edwards did not have the Vietnam controversy that both Kerry and Bush have depending on your political leaning.

So my question is - is the fix in when it comes to the democrat nominee? - should they have picked Edwards ? - I think so.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The contest between Bush and Kerry is bound to be one of middle america values vs. progressive values held by many on both coasts of the United States, people that believe in unilateralism vs. those that want multilateralism, those that believe in big business vs. those that want big government - the upcoming election promises to be the most polarizing in history.

So Bush stands for Middle America and Kerry for progressive values? Give me a break.

Big business or big government? You sure this isn't an op ed?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliceinwonderland

The contest between Bush and Kerry is bound to be one of middle america values vs. progressive values held by many on both coasts of the United States, people that believe in unilateralism vs. those that want multilateralism, those that believe in big business vs. those that want big government - the upcoming election promises to be the most polarizing in history.

So Bush stands for Middle America and Kerry for progressive values? Give me a break.

Big business or big government? You sure this isn't an op ed?

Well we could discuss the rule of law vs. rule of the courts or follow the constitution as it is written vs. interpreted which BTW they both have low marks on. No its not an op/ed just pointing out the difference in the electorate which you can see on pulling up a red vs. blue map from the 2000 election - its apparent for anyone to see.

new topics

top topics

join