It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 ARMAGEDDON: Which side are you on?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So, when Muhammad was being spoken too, just who was that?

I will present that that was the Word of God being sent to him.

You see, either way its the Word.

In the beginning, there was the Word. The Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning

The Word of God has been sent to all true prophets but not all prophets speak the word of God.

And Jesus is the Word made manifest. Think there is a teacher greater then the Word himself?

John
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Jesus Christ
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away

Water each tree according to its need

Peace

[edit on 2-6-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Marsrising

I'd have to agree with Marsrising, there are many more options and you saying that the only people that are God's people are Muslims is so one sided, and I hope you read the bible correctly and saw that it says "Anyone who believes in ME shall have peace and everlasting life"..No where does it say that Only those in the East or of tan color, or of Solely Muslim faith shall be at peace, and I hope you open your mind and options when you realize that God Himself said tthat whomever shall give up their idolatry and false gods and believe in the one and only True God, shall have a seat in heaven by His side, so long as they remain true to themselves and their faith..Says Nothing about only the eastern culture(Muslims) being God's Only People...and didn't he refer to the Jewish as His people??But also said that he would accept ALL who faithfully believed in Him

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I will be on the Lord's side, the side of Truth and Light, riding with the heavenly army that arrives to defeat the world's entire military. The prophecies are just that however, for the Bible clearly states that the time of the reclaimation of the believers is known ONLY to the Father. No other man knoweth OR CAN KNOW!

So all the psychics and prophets are wasting their time guessing. This sort of fervor was historically recorded in 999AD and 1999AD. What makes 2012 so different is the mere coincidence of 2 cultural calendars ending on the same year. Big whoop. So all the prophecies are just that----FOR NOW.

What jhill is asking is will you be ready for the reclaimation of believers or will you be left below.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Out of curiousity, If there is a "Judgement Day" how will the wraith begin. Will all of the innocent be hurt by the decisions of others, or will it be based on our personal beliefs? Will all the inocent be on a seperate list, like the one Santa Claus keeps?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Try answering the first part of my question without quoting a book of fiction.

I once was heavily involved in the Methodist church. I attended service and classes every Sunday until my departure for college. I went on 4 mission trips and helped many people. So I know that the book was written by "people that have spoken to god". I believe this was just said to convince the people of their time. If someone now claims that they have spoken to god, they are ruled crazy.

I know that superman is not real, just like jesus. They are fictional characters with made up super powers.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryan Lloyd
Haha, got to love the bible... What a waste of paper and people relying on it. I personaly think its naive to believe in just one particular thing, the fact that people believe in a book which was effectively made from a series of "Chinese Whispers" handed down by stories and then written for people to live by and worship is insane.

Congrats, I think you understand the bible well enough to start your own ChristStain church and start geting fools to fork over good money to you just to hear you tell them what they wanted to hear!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vehemes terra eternus
reply to post by sos37

How is jesus supposedly returning anyways???

He will be returning with spaceships. He will then take over all the broadcasting of the planet and make the world sit through really dull shows.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
My intuition tells me that there are two factions breeding in this world:

Here are the descriptions of each:

Faction One) These are the people who recognize that there is a God, and that the divine essence of this god is reflected in nature, creativity, building, and love. Those who understand and respect the law of the universe that states that true power is in creating things, not taking them or destroying them, and those who recognize that there is more to live for when there is love in your heart than when you follow crusades based on jealousy, revenge, or hate are following God.

Faction Two) These people have the same evidence in their hands as faction one, but see within it not the proof of gods existence, but the proof that there is no god. They believe themselves intelligent and powerful enough to literally deserve the power they take. They have the most frightening tools of destruction at their disposal. Their means of gain is taking. They see the gain of one dollar profitable even if the rest of the world loses two in order for them to get it. They cannot perceive the mathematical conclusions of their efforts, and cling with obsession to the acquisition and control over the material world. For them there is nothing of value to be gained in working good, and they harbor contempt for those who do. They see it as a weakness.

Faction two believe in survival of the fittest, as if all life is locked in a struggle for dominance, and to lose means death. For them the possibility of a cooperative society, where each individual's talents are utilized without coercion but for love of the endeavor, where every person is prized for their uniqueness, and of equal value to all others... the bounty that can be reaped in such a world is a dream that they never saw. They are brilliantly evil, but short sighted. They aspire themselves as gods, not recognizing that they are a part of creation, contained within it, not above or outside of it. This is the greatest heresy, lack of recognition of your role and relationship to and within the universe, and this is something that their bodies and souls will come to understand one way or another.

The eternal, the infinite, creative, loving, and ungovernable are what they are jealous of. They spend every hour of every day thinking of ways to destroy it. This is why they bear such contempt for god's creation, for the vast beauty of the universe, and desire so much money, control, and attempt to wield such weapons of death over it. They rebel against god, and it will be a hard lesson they will learn.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

Barburak, you are confused. First, I didn't say we should just wait for death. Secondly, to Live to Die... and to Wait for Death... these are two seperate things. You wrongly credit me with saying Live to Die... then describe it as Waiting for Death.

What I said is that waiting to be shown something before believing is not an Act of Faith. God wants your Faith, this is the key.

What I say is Live Life to the Fullest, be understand your actions and live up to the consequences. If faced with Battle, then know this to be true. That he who fears not death, who fights with no though of dying, will defeat death. That he who fears indeed death, who fights only to live, will lose what he fights for. (Sun Tzu does much greater justice to that sentiment).

Now, there are only 2 reasons to not fear death. That there is nothing after it, so why fear nothing. Or that you have lived in such a way that whatever comes after this life will be reward and not punishment, why fear reward?

No where in any of my posts on ATS (or elsewhere, for that matter) will you see a 'Wait For Death' stance from me.

May I ask, how did you come up with that?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ok Christian explain how Jesus Is GOD.
Ok Muslim explain how he is NOT.

Everyone else i think there "lies" the problem!!!!!

Peace to you all.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

You are mistaken in your understanding. Although in the higher states of conscious mind and "thinking" what you say is true enough, the "antichirst" as a man is unconscious to the evil's true entent. Secondly you're mistaken, the "antichirst" isn't "Satan". Satan is "the false godhead". The "antichrist" is also known as "the devil".

The "Devil", hereby known by the more accurate name of "Caligastia" was at one time was the planetary prince over this planet. Caligastia was disthrowned upon the Cross of the Christ. At that point the Christ took control over the planet earth and much clean up has been done since that point.

However Caligastia is still trying to reclaim the planet, and in this scene he trys to recalim powers over the planet by becoming a man.

It's really quite the show!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I love a thread like this! I can scan really quick and hit the ignore button on so many folks in one swoop. Someone post another religious thread, it draws the preachy, let-me-tell-you-what-to-believe folks like a magnet.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think its all a test to see if we can overcome the knowledge of good and evil finally and drink forever from the tree of life. All Religion organized with power structures and set ideals is stagnant. trust me ive been forced upon by christianity only to have it push me away. only by living and learning for myself did i see the truth in the old and new testament. I think revelation is a prophecy we can break but there are those that are willed by 'god' that have been before, are, and will be to fulfill this death and genocide...and only to what end...become the ones with power over all left on earth. Id hate to see my child go to hell or be killed by lillith because i didnt masacre his penis. If you look at the convenant god made with abraham it fulfills all mens selfish desire to be master of men like god is master of us....soooo wasnt that lucifers ideal? I use the holmes method on everything...get rid of all untruths and your left with only one answer. I read this old book by Dr. john dee...very interisting the philosphers stone...red for gold...white for silver...and what to hold it together...oh yes oil..olive which is blue...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Which side will I be on?

How about my side? I don't particularly like the idea of eternal damnation, but I also certainly despise the idea of a endless pointless heaven.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Which side will I be on?

How about my side? I don't particularly like the idea of eternal damnation, but I also certainly despise the idea of a endless pointless heaven.

please don't be tainted by clueless fools that know nothing about what's truely going on.

After achieving life off this planet the journy is just begun. There's no pointless time in "heaven" it's a journey of lifetimes filled with joy and learning, adventure and connection.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You sound like a raving lunatic, im not trying to insult you but the bible shouldn't be taken that seriously. I would like to know does the bible say anything about 2012? or are you just mixing from other sources?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

god gave me free will so ive been told,iI will use mine.
god is good untill you add a religious belief system designed to educate the masses who could not read,hundreds of years after the events.Believe in God if you must not dogma.

Relating to an earlier post ,there may be 1.5 billion muslims in the world ,but there are also the same amount of chinese non muslims ,so sort of evens out lol.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

After achieving life off this planet the journy is just begun. There's no pointless time in "heaven" it's a journey of lifetimes filled with joy and learning, adventure and connection.

Wait, what exactly are we talking here? Reincarnation? Getting transported to another planet? What?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
OP, 2012? I didn't realize there were sides. And sadly, 2012 is a non-issue like so many "doomsdays" that have been predicted and passed us by. Plan for doom if you want. That certainly isn't healthy mentally or physically. But....you want to live that way? That's a shame....

I don't think there are to many people taking that date very seriously.
It is just speculation and some curious coincidences, surround that date and other predictions. For Christians the times have always seem right. As the world as inched forward toward the final FULL-fillment, of all that was written. We might have another intermediate partial fulfillment. With an Anti Christ type figure/government, trying to take over the world. With another thousand years peace, after he is destroyed.
However to me and many others. Every thing we know seems to be lining up.
Including Jesus' Words. "When this gospel is preached into all the world, then shall the end come". With modern media, that is being fulfilled right now. Just got to discover those last few, lost tribes and countries that lock out freedom of speech.
Most ancient prophecy's, from every culture, speak of a final outcome, with a war between the children of light and the children of darkness.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have to say I've watched the doomsday prophets with much fascination over the years. Every generation has declared that it will be the last, that the end of the world was nigh. Everyone has been wrong. I remember the internet message boards in 1999: its the same hysteria we see about 2012 today. People so desperately wanted the end to be nigh.

Why? Because each generation wants to be the last. We know, deep down, that our generation will die out, that who we are and what we did will mean little in the overarching themes of human history. That most of us will not be remembered, that what we did will be forever forgotten. We don't want that to happen, so our minds rationalize reasons as to why the end must be nigh: be it 2000 or 2012. That way, no other generation can outshine our deeds.

We want Armageddon because we want to be the last, great generation. The most special generation of them all - the ones who get to see the end.

Unfortunately, its not going to happen. It will happen one day, but not due to the current 2012 soothsayers.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join