It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiotic Parents!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Last night, my son and I decided to go to the movies, and we walked to our local theatre.
While standing at an intersection waiting for the light to change, there was a boy there with his parents who was about ten years old.
The light was on the "DON'T WALK" signal.
All of a sudden these two adults look at each other, start giggling, and RUN ACROSS the intersection, all the while dodging oncoming traffic!!!!
The boy was left standing there, screaming, "MOM..DAD!"
And for the love of god they were urging him to follow them!!!!
The father said..
"Come on, you're a kid they have to stop for you!"
the mother said..
"Hurray up we are waiting for you!"

My son and I stared at each other in utter disbelief. I swear my jaw dropped so much I had to pick it up off the sidewalk.
But this kid was not stupid like his parents. He shouted across the street.
"You guys are supposed to wait for the light to change! You are supposed to be responsible!"
And thats what he did. He waited for the light to change.
KUDOS to you kid!
For being smarter than both your parents put together.
Freakin' unreal.
:shk:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
That's really sad. I truly feel sorry for this kid. Bless his heart. What a life he's going to have with these two.

They are selfish, rude, abusive!!!! No words to descibe them.

(I notice you brought back your avatar from the beginning. How neat> I like it.)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

lol are you serious? What the hell is wrong with pare...

... wait i do know, i am a teacher. You get to see all sorts of wonderful "parents". Some people don't deserve children, they are a gift to be treasured and i cannot wait to have my own.

Not teacher related, I went to my old house the other day to check if they have my mail. The lady was sitting on the front step smoking. I walked up and asked her if they had some of my mail. She stood up to go inside and check, then i noticed she must have been like 7 months pregnant. :bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree some people don't deserve children.
Just imagine what it would have done to their son, if these two morons had been wiped out by big truck?

"Come on, you're a kid they have to stop for you!"

Complete imbeciles! Haul them off to the Funny Farm in straightjackets! Sheeese!!!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hi Access. Some kids are just smarter than their parents. I have a neice, a sophmore in high school who is smarter than my brother and sister-in-law put together. The things she has had to work so hard to
overcome...jeez. We bought her a car last week just so she can have the freedom to get out of her house whenever she needs to. I wish she would come and live with me.

After my first child was born I was asst. director of a preschool with 280 children, yes, it was huge. I could really tell you some 'loser parent' stories. Your heart just breaks for some of these kids. And yes, I've had to report abuse. I guess I was really naive when I first took the job.

Maybe that boy will overcome too.

Rush

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone.
I forgot to add, that normally I don't stereotype people, and if any of you had visuals of young parents, these people were not.
They looked about early 40's and well dressed.
That was the kicker right there.

join