It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: 'Spin' ---T.V. Footage you were never supposed to see

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Google Video Link

Found another MUST-SEE of "behind the scenes" media mind-control and brain-washing propaganda standard practices that are being propegated against the unsuspecting masses...It is unreal the mind warfare that is being waged against us!!!

Time for everyone to wake up!

Artist Brian Springer spent a year scouring the airwaves with a satellite dish grabbing back channel news feeds not intended for public consumption. The result of his research is SPIN, one of the most insightful films ever made about the mechanics of how television is used as a tool of social control to distort and limit the American public's perception of reality.

Take the time to watch it from beginning to end and you'll never look at TV reporting the same again. Tell your friends about it. This extraordinary film released in the early 1990s is almost completely unknown. Hopefully, the Internet will change that.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
thanks for the post and link. i have downloaded this via realplayer and will watch it as soon as i can.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What an amazing piece.
The media really portray themselves as calculating slime.
It is interesting to see how they behave when they think no one is watching.
Larry King seems to be among the worst of them all.

I wish these feeds were still viewable, the accountability would be quite a site.
I want to see more footage like this.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Great find. Are those feeds still available to dish owners?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nope, towards the end of the video they say that they are blocked.
I cannot be sure if they meant just the presidential stuff or not, but they did say that the government is intercepting the feeds.

Can you imagine the nuggets of truth that slip under the radar during these feeds? You really get to see how phony tv personalities are.

This was quite the eye opener for me.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
More people need to see this one. I bet this campaign cycle would have a bunch of "nuggets".

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Why do I always find a good video to watch, after I've already eaten my dinner trying to juggle food and keyboard?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I guess no one bothers to visit some of the forums around this place.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had wondered why no one bothered to post anything in that thread, I guess I have my answer now.

BITD with the old satellite systems there were no commercials(maybe there were but this shows some didn't have them), feeds could even be seen days before they aired. Now with Directv/Dish network, it's all controlled. There's no way TPTB would let us see stuff like this. I would bet that's why this type of satellite system never really caught on. They kept it so big that few would want it - it surely won't work like todays systems that can be mounted in a apartment - and the price was extravagant. Now you can only watch what they want you to see.

Might as well live in a cave. I'd bet there's more truth to be seen there than in a television news broadcast and, well, speaking for myself, I would feel a lot cleaner.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Now I see why they call Larry King "the kingmaker."

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Awesome video..

That should help wake a few people up...

But please remember... The News is always "Fair and Balanced" (cough--snip---cough---ahem...).

And the sad thing is even after watching this.. the majority will go back to accepting what they hear... We've been so conditioned that it's pitiful..

What kills me almost as much as contrived and manipulated News is what we consider to be news.. I mean really.. No one asked me if I wanted to hear about Anna Nicole Smith's Death for a month and a half...

Sorry.. a bit of a rant there.. apologies..

Johnny

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Quite enjoyable. However, I would have to wonder about whether this manner of feed still exists today.

Can someone with a satellite please clear this up or me.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
But please remember... The News is always "Fair and Balanced" (cough--snip---cough---ahem...).

Good rant there, however don't just single out FOX as you seem to imply, all the major News/Media do the same thing as evidenced by the video.

BTW, I just loved Larry King's wormy prodding about "hey I'd make the best debate moderator" bit. He just gave me a slimy feeling watching him work that.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes... watched this 2 days ago and just didn't post it :doh: The one time I could have beat ya' to the punch, DD
It was an eye-opener, but this is pretty much why that one newscaster (NY?) recently got caught saying the F-word on air. "The eye in the sky doesn't lie" as the saying went about the film we'd view on Monday after a football game... and these eyes seem to never stop broacasting/filming.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
very interesting.

its strange how everyone hears about the news and how it spins the truth yet they all turn to that same corrupt news channel for all their information on the issues that matter most.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm pretty much lost of words. I knew the media were full of crap, but actually watching them behind the scenes makes me very angry. What a bunch of arrogant morons. Larry King thinks he's god gift
What a brown noser

Clinton looked doped up most of the time. He looked like he was in a trance of some sort. Thank god for the internet. After all of these years we can start to fully understand how we as people have been herded like sheep. After all of these years we can finally begin to see the lies and deception of the corporate media.

What amazes me still, is they're still using the same tricks. Amazingly they're still getting away with it. In time this will change as more and more people become aware of the sham which is the media. My generation and the generation before me will make change. They can't carry on treating us as sheep forever, we're awakening.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just watched the video. Very cool. Interesting at the very least!! Thanks for sharing that

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Great Find D.D. I Hope You Copied And Placed These InTo A File So You Can Possibly Burn These To C.D.s Just In Case The Site Suddenly And "mysteriously" Dissapears Into Oblivion Never To Be Seen Again ! Once Again You Have Shared With All Of Us Some Great Info ! STARRED AND FLAGGED ...........

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

DD....just when I think you've outdone yourself....you prove me to be an idiot!!! This might be the best breakthrough (never-seen) video of all time!!

Don't know how else to say great job, so many have already....

Was thinking....Keith Olbermann seems unlikely to shy away from controversy, as seen in some of his most recent 'Personal Commentaries' ... he positively revelled in the Bill'O outtake and blow up from "Inside Edition", from some time in the early 1990s.....think he'd be interested? Might be too much of a hot potato, but who knows??

Finally...what about the concept of live feeds....can't anyone figure out how to get to them today??

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This video has been around on usenet for a long time. I mean like 6 years or something.
I'm amazed it's taken this long to reach a forum like ATS.
It's an interesting look into the inner workings of media. And yes, TV is Hyperreality. It's an illusory world. What that can fullfill fantasies and manipulate populouses. It's been this way for 70 odd years.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That was a pretty entertaining (and somewhat disturbing) video.

I've worked in local tv news for about 8 years now and I've seen plenty of those types of feeds. I've also heard more than a few things that shouldn't have been said on a feed or in the studio just because someone didn't realize the mic was open. This guy has a great collection of slip ups. I can't believe that even in the 90's the people (candidates AND newscasters no less) caught in the act didn't understand the concept of a live mic.

These feeds are still out there if you have the dish and receiver, although after seeing this I'm sure the people behind the scenes or working for the various candidates have learned to either warn the guy beforehand or hit the mute switch between segments to prevent loose tongues.

They said in the video that little rock was intercepting the signals, but they can't block other people from getting it or the station they are sending it to wouldn't get it either. Many digital satellite transmissions are encrypted nowadays so for certain events you would need a special code to unlock it. They basically transmit for the station they are sending it to only. I'm sure it isn't foolproof though, if you have the equiptment, know how, and coordinates, you could watch any live feed you want.

Ten bucks says everyone is a little more careful about what they say now though. Just a few months ago I remember watching a John Edwards rally live feed that had live picture for about an hour before hand but the audio was just the house music, no mics. Pity, I would have loved to hear what the people behind the podium were up to. On a smaller scale, listening to people that have never done a feed before asking the stagehands questions or a reporter in the field talking with the people back at the station is pretty entertaining and still happens frequently.

In a small market, anchors and reporters can get fired if the wrong person overhears something like what some of these guys say (Robertson especially). Larry King, and probably a lot of the big shot anchors, are most likely an exception since it is more or less their show, if it gets back to the public, that may be a different story. I'm not even surprised by Larry's comments though, he wants these guys to like him, if they like him they will come back on the show again. I'm sure he'd say anything to get on their good side whether he believes it or not.

I think a lot of this video speaks more to politics than media in the sense that a lot of the things they caught were spoken by various candidates and advisers, the fact that the media wouldn't touch it after the fact just means they are protecting their own butts. Sad but true. No one wants the station to look like they want a guy to lose because they air a clip of him being honest...

It can be a slimy business and I've heard things that I seriously disagree with. I've left stations because of it. The bottom line is that news is run by advertising and you want to air the stories that bring in the largest audience to drive up the ad costs. The fact that more people want to hear about Brittany, Anna Nicole, and Paris than hear about real political stances and real news speaks volumes about the country, all the stations are just reporting it because ratings go up when they do and they don't want to be left behind the other guys since their profits would go down.

I'm proud to say I work for a station that ignores entertainment news and only reports local. Let the big dogs and the net handle National. We have no business reporting it. People in this area want to hear about this area.

Who knows, maybe we can start a trend.

Heres hoping...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join