It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olmert proposes naval blockade on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Olmert proposes naval blockade on Iran

au.news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert proposed in talks with a U.S. congressional leader that a naval blockade be imposed on Iran to try to curb its nuclear program, an Israeli newspaper reported on Wednesday.
The Haaretz daily quoted Olmert as telling Nancy Pelosi that "the present economic sanctions have exhausted themselves" and the international community needed to take more drastic steps to stop Iran's efforts to obtain nuclear weapons.

A spokesman for Olmert declined to comment on the Israeli leader's talks on Monday with Pelosi, the speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, in Jerusalem.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
All the wheels are now in motion for an attack.

It will all start with an Irainina boat comming to close to an Americian war ship the wil open fire then it will start.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cnm1976

that is the persion gulf

see how tight it is

now would it be a smart move to put ships in there to blockade a country that is armed with loads of anti ship missiles and which has even been proven against Israeli ship by hazbullah who were able to launch one at them?

Iran have sunburns and other anti ship missiles from china and russia which have the capilbility to hit most ships and cause a degree of damage.

like shooting fish in a barrel

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Mmmm naval blockade....sounds great...one question: Do we have an effective anti missile defence system for ships yet beyond sea wolfs and CIWS? .....No? Oh ok then I suggest we put the blockade at 300 miles out....wait how big the gulf again? Oh.....ok......never mind then

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Will it be just a blockade or Are you ready for another war? I can only hope that all the super patriots that worship authority and glory in their past military experience will reup and protect us from yet another Islamic threat. If you don't, please tell me why you are balking at this new neocon inspired threat.. You support this administration and their war on terror.
Put up or shut up. No excuses, no rules, do it!! It starts now! You have been basking in you Iraqi experiences. Now is your chance to do it all over again. Do it if you really believe it is a war on terror. If you are to old or decrepit to reup in the military; join Blackwater or some other mercenary outfit, it pays well.

See the pattern here?

But if you can see the pattern and the transparent attempt at fear and loathing. Speak up!!

[edit on 22-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The Americian empire would crumble if it started into a war because they would be fighting on 3 fronts at the same time. There is NO country let alone any empire that has won by fighting this many in history.

The Americian forces are already at breaking point and to start another would just play into the hands of the middle east.

When was the last major naval blockade against a country that could defend itself. Before anyone says that Iran can't defend itself "I will state you will be surprised what a countries citizens will do when your land is invaded by another"

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cnm1976

It is my understanding that the intention IS to have the American empire crumble, so that it can be replaced by something even more sinister.

As for Iran, this wouldn't be a Naval Blockade. This would be an act of war by Israel/US, and any attempt by Iran to dissuade the ships would be entirely justified.

Iraq was a milestone. From what I can tell, Iran is the next milestone. There will be others afterwards, however it won't be the US leading the way as that country will have been demolished intentionally. It will be the next generation of false freedom, hidden under some other name brand.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

Are you saying this is the NWO that everyone is talking about on this forum?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FaxMachine

Man oh Man i thought i was the person holding the door open when every one was given brains but i was wrong after watching that

Now i'm not even sure if American people know they are in Iraq

Iran would just sink the ships if they did a blockade

And if they want to flood the world with cheap oil i say let them

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
When did Israel become the 51st State? If Olmert wants a naval blockade, he can go right ahead and sail his bath toys into position.

A naval blockade is a causus belli for war, Iran would have justification to respond by sinking our ships and we would be starting another war of aggression.

Screw Olmert and his 'opinions'.

Even the lowliest citizen in this country should have more say than a foreign head of state, after all WE are the ones with the right to vote in this club.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

My understanding is if anyone attacks Israel America will come to their aid. So even if Israel did the naval blockade by itself the US will be drawn into a war that will crumble it's empire.

May sound strange but I thought I read a thread about how Israel were behind 9/11 would they be trying to defeat the US by doing this?

Keep your friends close but keep your enimies closer is that not the saying.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Exactly.

Well by all means Mr. Olmert sail your fibreglass gunboats and measly destroyers into the Persian Gulf and see what happens.

But don't come crying to the US after Israeli war ships starting hitting the sea floor, struggling to compute this escalation in tensions.
It is an ACT OF WAR, and Iran would have every right to respond to a naval blockade within it's territorial waters.

These Zionist nutjobs seriously want to cripple an already economically starved nation that's suffering more than a 25% poverty rate with even more restrictions on their trade?

Well if this isn't bringing Tehran to the discussion table now, what makes you think EVEN MORE sanctions will do any good?
If anything it will emblazon Ahmadinejad's cause and give him more ammo to use in furthering his Nuclear Ambitions.

And they expect the Iranians to still sit and take it, to just wither away and no tdo a thing about it? What Fantasy Kingdom does Ehud Olmert reside in?

Israel was in the Middle East last time I checked.

This quote I cannot believe he actually made:

"Iranian business people who would not be able to land anywhere in the world would pressure the regime," Haaretz quoted Olmert as saying.

Sigh.... where do they get the balls? Seriously.. where?

Israel needs to come off it's high horse and spend a few minutes back down on Earth.
They're not helping the situation in the Middle East by calling for actions such as this, nor have they ever really done anything to foster stability. They sure know how to provoke and escalate tensions but as for fanning the flames, that seems to be a foreign concept to them.

You don't want Nuclear Islamic States and sponsored-terrorist groups?

Then STOP friggin' making ultimatums and pressuring people. Just stop.
And they wonder why they have to deal with rockets and car bombs going off everyday in Haifa or Jerusalem, when they act like the Crown Princess of the Middle East who always gets her way.

You give the Israelis an inch, they take a mile.
Ridiculous.

[edit on 22/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
A Naval blockade is not an escalatory step towards war.

It is an act of war.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Amazing how Israel always wants everyone else to go fight their wars for them.

Always playing the victim and never making concessions of any kind or abiding by UN resolutions against them, which we have bombed and invaded other countries for allegedly ignoring.

I'm sue they must have some dirt on most of our leaders to get this preferential treatment all the time.

new topics

top topics

join