It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flannery proposes 'global dimming' to save planet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

maybe the fuel additive idea doesn't fly.
a modified aircraft is the ticket.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

Yes, thanks....missed that sentence....but he goes on to say that the risks of adding sulphur to jet fuel have yet to be determined. Meanng, he doesn't have any idea about what would happen to the sulphur 'additives' if mixed into the fuel....

How will it affect the fuel pumps? The submerged pumps, in the fuel tanks.

Then, it is delivered to the FCU (fuel control unit)....where it is metered, goes through a low pressure pump, then to the high pressure pump before being sprayed through nozzles into the combustion chamber....I see clogs everywhere!! Forgot to mention, there are also various filters....and, the fuel/oil heat exchanger, where the fuel is heated to make sure their are no ice cystals, and serves to help 'cool' the engine oil at the same time.

Then, will the sulphur survive the 890 degree C temps from combustion with no change in composition??

Lots of questions, few answers.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by billybob

billybob, an interesting picture, but what is the source? or specifically, what is that airplane designed/modified to do, actually???

Is it possibly modified to test icing conditions and anti- de-icing systems??

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have seen many chemtrails so I mention this not to debunk but in the interest of balanced reporting regarding the picture above.

Again, I have plenty of evidence for chemtrails however I have hesitated to use this picture after reading the story below..

www.rense.com...

"THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT A CHEMTRAIL PLANE

What is not visible above is a narrow isle that permits personnel to move from the front to the rear of the plane through the equipment racks. At the time I toured one of these planes, the number of technicians and engineers on board totaled about eight. These tests were somewhat tortuous to test aircraft performance under bad weather stress, or to simulate other conditions such as sudden down-drafts or up-drafts. Air-sick bags are often used by new crew members. Boeing has several expert resident pilots who do nothing but perform flight tests.

I'm not disclosing company confidential manufacturing information like engineering data, software or design plans. What you see in this photo is the same basic setup for which aircraft must be tested all around the world in order to be certified. If planes made in Europe were not tested to certain standards in a similar way, it's unlikely they would be certified to fly over American cities. Of course, aircraft maintenance is an entirely different story.

A personal note - having worked with Boeing for some years and seeing the no-expense- spared care and dedication they put into EVERYTHING they design, build and test, I'd rather fly in one of their planes than any other. In fact, they were the first manufacturer on Earth to have a TWO ENGINE 777 plane certified for intercontinental flights between North America and Europe. How did they do it? The 777 can stay in the air to complete a flight with just ONE engine running and land safely!"

My understanding is they pump water all round the tanks to simulate people moving around the plane or weather conditions. Please read the story I linked to for further details.

cheers

[edit on 2008-5-19 by primamateria]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

not sure.
i do know that the sign over the jump seats says, "HAZMAT".

i imagine they could spray plain water if they wanted. they could put anything in those tanks.
the constant debunking argument that there are no modified planes, it would be impossible to hide, etc. are pretty much laid to rest with this photo, though.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The reason to blacken the sky is to block UV light from the sun. But it's not for the purpose of stopping global warming because they can't stop that. Global changes are part of the natural progression. Our entire solar system is warming up and it's not from burning fossil fuels.

We've been told UV light is harmful. It allegedly causes skin cancer and damages retinas. But, we should know by now to question anything "official".

So what's the real scoop?

As we progress towards our ascension to the next level, UV light will be our fuel. We will do away with eating for the most part. Our bodies will begin to become less dense in a physical manner. But will become more dense as far as our energy bodies go.

The blocking of the UV light is just another step in trying to halt our progress to the next level. If we ascend then we are no longer controllable. As long as we are stuck in these dense physical bodies we are almost fully controllable.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

billy, it's not 'constant' debunking....it's just common sense.

Let's put it this way....how many square miles exist on the Earth's surface....hang on, I'll go look it up....OK...510,072,000 KM2...(per Wiki)

You can do the math, to convert from square miles to square KMs...

Now, consider how many airplanes would need to 'spray' in order to achieve any appreciable difference....

AND, while they're flying, they're pumping out hydrocarbons in their exhaust!!!!! Which, is increasing the 'carbon footprint' at the same time!!

See....law of diminishing returns....and simple logic.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

prima, a minor correction re: the B777

Yes, a good airplane...but not the only twin-jet that can continue across an ocean on one engine!!

you are referring to 'ETOPS' ...."Extended Twin Engine Operations"....

It was the increasing reliablity in engine design and operation that allowed twin-jets to, gradually, be approved for longer and longer over-water flights.....it started, firstly, with '60-minute' ETOPS, then to '120 minute' ETOPS...then, under pressure from certain airlines, because it was needed on certain routes....the '138 minute' ETOPS

In ETOPS there is always an alternate airport, within the various radii, in the event of an engine failure. If, for instance, on a flight from NYC to Paris, and an engine fails mid-Atlantic....it would be highly questionable to continue (and in the case of the FAA, against regulations) to continue to Paris....you will divert to Iceland, or Greenland....or, if closer, you will go back to Gander, NFLD....or continue to the UK....depends on which airport is closest, in point-of-time (takes wind into account as well).

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by General Izer

General....what's going to block the UV?

Have you ever gotten sunburned under an overcast sky?? I know I have!!

Hint....UVA and UVB cause sunburn.....

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There is evidence that there are chemtrails, fuel additives, modified planes, tanker planes, crop spraying planes and helicopters that have been involved with injecting chemicals into the atmosphere. However that picture is not something I believe that conclusively proves the existence of chemtrails in and of itself.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

i've seen just a few trails spread out and cover the entire sky. that argument is a non-starter. all 'believers' have seen it.
i don't pretend to know the purpose for chemtrails. it's just something that i've observed.
rumour has it it started in 1998. seems about right to me.

global warming is a hoax.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
oh, yeah. to suggest spraying SULPHUR into the atmosphere to save the planet sounds like putting out fire with gasoline to me.

mad scientists. when will they get over their god complexes.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by billybob]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

prima....you cannot just come out with a blanket statement of that sort, in your last post!!!

There is, contrary to your 'claim', no evidence of 'chemtrails'....besides YOUR claim of such!

No evidence of 'additives'....

Then, you mention tankers!!!! They spray jet fuel, at low altitudes, in order to get down to max landing weight, after a misson is finished and they have 'excess' fuel. It's a terrible waste, and shows (IMO) poor planning techniques....

Finally....cropdusters and helicoptors???? Show me one helicoptor that will operate at 35,000 feet and I will turn in my ATS membership, and give you all of my points!!!

What part of the term 'crop' dusting isn't understood? It is the spraying of pesticides, or maybe herbicides....not directed at humans!!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was stating 'injecting chemicals into the atmosphere' for which there is plenty of evidence illustrating the broad definition that the term chemtrail can cover.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by primamateria

Again, prima....a contrail.

You may not know this, but I've been a pilot for 30 years....spent nearly 22 with a major US airline, and have seen many, many contrails....sometimes (rarely) we can even see our own!! Usually, we can see the shadow on the cloud deck below, if one exists. More rarely, while in holding patterns....most holding patterns occur in the lower altitudes, so not conduscive to contrail formation...but, every now and then, we were held at higher altitudes....I've even encountered my own wake turbulence, briefly, when descending within a holding pattern....

It's difficult to explain these concepts, in a post online, since there is so much dis-info out there....I try my best.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

General....what's going to block the UV?

Have you ever gotten sunburned under an overcast sky?? I know I have!!

Hint....UVA and UVB cause sunburn.....

Clouds are not sulfur. They are "droplets or frozen crystals floating in the atmosphere".

The chemtrail thing has multiple uses. Blocking UV is one. Another is the distribution of soft metals to create a more conductive atmosphere.

You don't need to spray every inch of the sky to achieve a global effect. Volcanos are localized yet their discharge can circle the globe. If you know weather patterns and jet streams then it's fairly easy to distribute substances over a wide area.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

billy....at the risk of repeating myself....

More often, than not, the contrails you see being produced behind a jet will 'evaporate'....actually, the correct term, since they are ice cyrstals, is 'sublimate'....it depends upon the relative humididty of the airmass in which they were formed.

Same with the ones that 'persist'....the air has sufficient humididty and temp....and the 'cloud' that is formed artifically (the contrail) will progress in the same way natural cirrus clouds will....often, to be enhanced by the approaching weather front, bringing more clouds...all natural.....

Honestly....there needs to be a long class in meteorolgy here, so that those who see something they don't understand can learn the science.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

General....a volcano's output CAN circle the globe.....but, you are talking about MILLIONS of cubic miles of output, from a naturally occuring volcanic output....Billions of pounds of ash and debris.....BILLIONS!!

Do the math....how many airplanes would be needed to 'spray' billions of pounds????

See where logic interferes with the hysteria?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join