It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Ready For The End Of The World ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
With all that is happening such as polar caps melting and weapons that could wipe out the whole planet, i would like to know if anybody is preparing for what could possibly happen in the future. I would certinly invest in bying a bunker for my family once i have some money.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
ITS NOT MELTING ITS REFREEZING ITSELF ONCE IT FALLS OFF!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I worry way to much about "the end", hardly sleep in fact.(I really need to chill!)
I am planning to move house .I have been trying to find an area/region that would give my family the best chance of survival. Easier said than done. Since no-one knows what, if anything, may happen, i am finding it hard to plan..... stay away from major cities, military bases and installations, government buildings etc. Of course there are hidden bases and underground facilities as well.....Better to be inland or coastal? The list goes on and on.
Fourteen months later i still haven't moved! Oh well.......

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by Moodygirl]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I agree , there is no safe place to stay !

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Im not moving ill fight them if anything happens thats why ill start makin homemade weapons if sumthin starts happening.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by T-B0 thats why ill start makin homemade weapons if sumthin starts happening.

Nice bone head tell people you are going to make homemade weapons. THINK!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
hot glue guns...kithen knives....shovels....saws.....the high tech frisby you found in your backyard....and pens

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
hot glue guns...kithen knives....shovels....saws.....the high tech frisby you found in your backyard....and pens

LMAO...... very very funny. dont forget about the TP.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Posted by spittinloser

IF something does happen and thier is a war alot of people will start makeing homemade weapons if thier city is invaded and occupied why dont you think bone head.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by T-B0]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by T-B0
Posted by spittinloser

IF something does happen and thier is a war alot of people will start makeing homemade weapons if thier city is invaded and occupied why dont you think bone head.

Maybe, I bet the dont tell people about it.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
welll how do you make homemade weapons??? you can use the stuff you use at home and use it AS weapons no one can make home made weapons without a factory

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Anarchist hand book teaches you how to make homemade grenade launchers and nalpam and alot of others stuff like stealing money from vending machines.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
no one can make home made weapons without a factory

I disagree with this. Anyone can make bombs and alot of other things from home easy. And i wont tell you how. If you really need to know you will find out how by yourself.

My only complaint to T-bo is think. You dont need to tell people what you are going to do, or what you are doing. "Just do It"

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
McGuyver could make anything if he has access to a toothpick, a stick of gum, and his trusty swiss army knife!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
well of course you can make bombs but what about
long range weapons?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Umm.... Like potato cannons? if you know how to weld you can make anything. catapults, what ever.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
well what i mean like guns and potatoes are funny....things tht are actually accurate

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why worry about the end of the world? Why not just enjoy life and not worry about it. Dont be afraid to live and dont be afraid to die.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i am being annoying because it makes me feel better..i am enjoying life because i have friends.....i have fun...do things i have never done....i just started snowboarding which is the funnest thing ive ever tried...

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Be prepared to move! If you want to be prepared, make a kit or list of things that you would take with you if you only had 10 minutes to pack and haul ass.

1) Food that won't spoil. Canned goods can be quite heavy. If you are serious about beng ready, I'd reccomend finding your local military surplus and buying enough MRE's (Meal Ready to Eat, lol) to last two weeks. You can ration these to a month, and possibly 2 if the need arises. I'd post a link for place to buy MRE's online, but all you really have to do is type MRE into a search engine and you will get all the links you want... even recipes for using parts of multiple kits to make some fine dining!

2) If you are taking a car, you will most definitly want to take extra gasoline with you. THIS IS DANGEROUS!!! Remember that Gas is a highly volotile liquid! If you have a can with a couple extra gallons in your trunk, be aware that fumes could possibly leak out and into the car. If you want to have the gasoline ready, go buy a bottle of Sta-Bil and put it in your spare gasoline supply. This will keep it useable for over a year!

3) Take clothing that is durable and will last for several days/weeks/months of wear. You do not want to take a bunch of clothing. Just enough that you are able to dress for anything from 100 degrees F down to below freezing. remember, ALWAYS LAYER YOUR CLOTHING IN THE COLD! This actually cuts down alot of the clothing you would need. You dress your lighter clothing underneath. If you get too hot, you can shed a layer without shedding too much. But the most important thing to remember is the durability. You don't know how long you may be wearing the same set of clothing. I'd reccommend clothing such as made by Carhart or Key, some nice Levi jeans, etc. Canvas is quite durable, and breathes quite well.

4) Buy each member of your family a small survival kit and sit down with eachother and learn how to use everything! Families that are involved with Boyscouts understand exactly what I'm talking about. All you need is something that includes a compact 'Mess Kit', waterproof matches, 'tinder material' such as cotton (not synthetic!) so you can start a fire easily, some kind of compact saw (if you get cable saws, make sure to grab multiples), knifes (swiss army and a larger hunting knife... don't forget some kind of pocket sharpening stone or diamond stick). You can find kits that are premade. Easiest thing to do is go to a camping supply store (such as Gart Brothers) and tell them you are going on a big hiking trip with some friends for a week and this is the list you have, but you would rather have a kit that is premade and a bit more compact (believe me... I did some research on this. They look at you REALLY funny when you tell them you are preparing for a possible war). Once you have the kit, look at the contents. They will usually come with the cable saws, so make sure you get a spare or two.

5) COMPACT AND PORTABLE FIRST AID KIT!!!!! NEVER FORGET YOUR FIRST AID KIT! Even ancient travellers were known to carry some kind of first aid kit with them. Usually it would consist of cords, cloths, and herbs, instead of bandaids and ointments.

These are the essentials. You could bring water, but I would simply reccomend buying a couple collapsable 1-gallon jugs and some chlorine tablets/water purification tablets.

If you are worried about stinking because you might not be able to shower, here's a little hunting trick: buy chlorophyl tablets. These will keep you from stinking so bad, even though you may be nasty and slimey. Don't be afraid to take 'spit baths' though. Oh yeah, women... don't worry about bringing any makeup! Noone is gonna be worried about how pretty you are when everyone you meet is more worried about staying alive.

I'd also reccomend taking a couple small pictures and books, if you have the room. It's always nice to see a familiar face, or read a familiar book when you do get the chance. Small pocket games (not battery operated) are nice too. Believe me, your sanity may depend on stupid things like this. A couple decks of playing cards are pretty much essential for a good survival kit, just ask any survivalist. If you meet strangers on the way that you set up a temprary camp with, cards will help ease any tension and give you something to do. It's a universal thing, and there are at least a thousand different games you can play with cards.

---------
So, now you have the essentials to survive. If you are threatened by a nuclear attack or invading force and can get away in time, you will be set. The faster you can get away from the impending danger, the better off you are. REMEMBER that alot of other people are going to be thinking the same way and roads can become congested quite quickly. You may be better off having a good mountain bike ready with it's own survival kit (these would include small tools for mechanical repairs, tire patches, a hand powered air pump, an extra inner-tube, etc). If you decide on the bike, go get yourself a couple bottles of Green Slime from Wal-Mart and fill your tires with the stuff. If you happen to puncture a tire, you won't be forced to stop immediatly, if you even realize you punctured it! The stuff is awesome. If you opt for taking a vhicle, they make Gren Slime for your car tires too. Same thing goes here, that you may not even know you ran over a nail. Green Slime squishes out of the hole and 'scabs' to seal it so you won't have a flat.

There is so much more people who are serious about this stuff should know. If you are unsure about your survivalist skills, look at some of the survivalist sites online. I'd post links on ALL of this, but there are so many out there.

Another thing you may consider is talking to whoever runs the nearest military supply store about it. They won't think you're paranoid if you tell them that stuff is starting to get wierd and you want to be ready to survive. That's what they do, it's kinda their job. Alot of the time they may be able to point you to survivalist workshops, or groups that want to be just as prepared as you... just make it clear that you are not interested in joining any militant groups (unless that's your bag).

The biggest thing to remember: You want to be able to leave at a moment's notice! You NEVER want to take more than 10 minutes to be ready to walk out the door and leave everything behind. Try some drills if you are unsure about this. If you have kids, it's up to your discretion whether or not you include them in the drills. Alot of the time kids will try to pack their entire room, so you will want to take charge and be able to have everything ready by yourself and just grab everyone and go. This kinda goes along the lines of 'if you want something done right, do it yourself'.

Boyscout Motto: Be Prepared!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join