It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 212
<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Just putting this out there, in case there is a connection to something...
Tonight we spent some time with two of our grandsons.
Had a very enjoyable time & we weren't noticing anything out of the ordinary.
Came home & about 10 PM ET, hubby & I both started feeling a strange sadness.
It has been one of hubby's quake symptoms before,
but a couple of times we couldn't connect it with anything specific.
This time it lasted almost two hours before slowly subsiding.

A few years before I started watching eqs or found ATS,
I felt an overwhelming, crushing sadness all of a sudden one night.
At the time, I wondered if there had been a mass genocide,
or something someplace in the world!

When the subject of empathy was brought up here awhile back,
it made me remember that incident.
Neither of us is really feeling any other eq symptoms!
Young cat is sleeping, she didn't even come greet us when we came home!
Just wondered if anyone else is feeling something similar tonight???
WOQ

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Just putting this out there:

Night before last I had a dream that Mount Baker erupted. I was standing in my backyard and when I looked out towards the mountains where I can see Baker (I have an open view), there was a huge mushroom cloud rising. I turned to my daughter and told her to look, that Baker was erupting!

That's all I remember. It was nothing too exciting, but I don't usually have dreams like that, in spite of all my time reading and thinking about this stuff. It was one of my 'vivid' dreams, with color/sound/smells and every other sensation. I have had these types of dreams come true many times in the past, but I would never make a prediction based on it (especially about something like this)

Anyways, mentioning it just in case.

On a side note: Several people on facebook tonight mentioning odd behavior from their pets. People that don't normally talk about quakes. They all live near me. My dogs have been a bit extra needy, but otherwise normal.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I can't place what's happening at all, but I posted the other day about seeing, (when I ask for information) a huge volcanic eruption. Apart from that, all I have to report is complete exhaustion...I was walking the dog round the field behind the house yesterday in the sunshine, and honestly felt like I could have just curled up in the grass for a sleep. I've had a couple of nights disturbed sleep too, and am still anxious, kinda relating to your feelings of empathy, but I'm thinking all this might be more to do with solar activity. This coming week looks to be much quieter on the solar front, so I'm hoping I feel better...this is doing my head in.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I am interested to see that others are having feelings similar to what is going on with me. Sadness is indeed what I can say has been an issue. My day was pretty good though a bit subdued, felt like something was missing somehow but I couldn't pinpoint it. Tonight it is getting more and more intense as a pulling feeling of impending doom. Like if something was pulling down inside my body from say my throat/upper chest downward. Like it would turn me inside out or something. Can't explain it really but I think you get the idea.

My friend who visited last week was supposed to come hang out again yesterday and he is always incredibly eager to hang out and looks forward to it with much enthusiasm. He cancelled at the last minute almost saying he wasn't feeling up to par. I sensed it too and for days he didn't seem quite right. I was starting to wonder if I had done something but it was not that at all. I was exhausted as I hadn't slept but an hour the night before. So yeah it's been weird.

Just a little while ago I was so overcome by this feeling of doom that I couldn't stand it anymore. I want to jump outta my skin or something cause it's annoying! I hate this.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

A few years before I started watching eqs or found ATS,
I felt an overwhelming, crushing sadness all of a sudden one night.
At the time, I wondered if there had been a mass genocide,
or something someplace in the world!

When the subject of empathy was brought up here awhile back,
it made me remember that incident.
Neither of us is really feeling any other eq symptoms!
Young cat is sleeping, she didn't even come greet us when we came home!
Just wondered if anyone else is feeling something similar tonight???
WOQ

How very odd that I began a similar post on the same day around the same time. I am really hearing more and more about being an Empath which I already knew with regards to people but not in relation to far away Quakes or Volcanoes yet there's always one of those somewhere. I was told I was what is called a, " Sensitive." In regards to such environmental disasters such as Quakes, Volcanoes, & other. I see by this thread that I have pretty much the same signs & symptoms as most of the rest on here & am happy rbkruspe directed me to your thread. Yayyyy! I'm not alone lol! S&F & my heartfelt gratitude to rbkruspe, thank you....

edit on th302014Thu, 10 Apr 2014 09:19:40 -05000414th30amThu, 10 Apr 2014 09:19:40 -0500 by StormyStars because: of spelling errors

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by StormyStars

Hi!
Welcome to the thread!

The more 'boots on the ground' the better!

Some of us have very similar symptoms,
some have different ones, but feel them at the same times!

Trying to figure out all the pieces to this puzzle can be exhausting!
Just when we think we have something figured out,
we feel symptoms that don't pan out as they have before!
That's probably why the puzzle is taking so long to figure out,
and why we can become discouraged at times!

There has to be more to it than what we can see now.
Earthquakes, solar flares, deaths of loved ones...???
Humans have only just 'scratched the surface',
despite how smart & advanced, they think they are!

I hope I get to see some answers yet in my lifetime!
Whatever happens, these certainly are interesting times to be alive!
We look forward to sharing the journey with you!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Hi!
Welcome to the thread!
The more 'boots on the ground' the better!
Some of us have very similar symptoms,
some have different ones, but feel them at the same times!

Trying to figure out all the pieces to this puzzle can be exhausting!
Just when we think we have something figured out,
we feel symptoms that don't pan out as they have before!
That's probably why the puzzle is taking so long to figure out,
and why we can become discouraged at times!

There has to be more to it than what we can see now.
Earthquakes, solar flares, deaths of loved ones...???
Humans have only just 'scratched the surface',
despite how smart & advanced, they think they are!

I hope I get to see some answers yet in my lifetime!
Whatever happens, these certainly are interesting times to be alive!
We look forward to sharing the journey with you!
WOQ

Hi! All of the above lol. Thank you for the warm welcome, not done reading all replies but I wish to not only learn more but to help contribute as well......

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Yay, you made it over safely Stormy! Welcome to our humble thread.

-----
As far as am update goes, today had been a better day emotionally for me. I did feel some tremors at points of the evening and whatnot but I can't remember when. I was really busying myself in my music which was a first.

Tremors actually just now happening but they have a rolling quality that is destabilizing. Not vertigo but I feel kind of unsteady in my chair here. I just settled down for the night and haven't done much checking up on anything but I saw a quake happened somewhere about a mag 7?

I've been watching the sun all day too just cause.. There is an active area coming over the southeastern limb just around that has flared a bit today. I thought I would note on a more interesting note that we are coming up on a lunar eclipse soon and from what I heard that Mars is aligning which I imagine is full of gravitational pull/tension. Another thing I was interested to hear about was full and new moons tend to yield more likelihood of tectonic stress. Something like within 3 days before or after a new or full moon. I am going to start looking into how possibly correct that could be. So far glancing at the dates for last month, it might be possible. Thought I'd share.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling a bit off today. Last night and yesterday were fine. This morning around 6-7am I snapped and felt really annoyed and that lasted for a few hours. I am queasy for the past few hours and pressure in my head seems building. I know that eclipse is very soon and I wouldn't be surprised if something pops off between today and the next couple days. We will see.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
ugh...i have had more trouble with exhaustion the last week in longer than i can remember. Today I just feel shaky and anxious ears hurt from pressure. I noticed the Mexico quake and went outside and could feel the ground moving reminds me of standing up in a boat. Came back in and checked our local helicorder which showed movement still. Makes me wanna eat a ton of corn to see if I feel better.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
ur44lois

Hi!
Good to hear from you!
It looks like Arkansas had a 2.2 early this morning.
I hope it's not going to start acting up again!

Hubby & I are pretty wiped out today too.
We fell asleep after eating supper again!
It's funny how some make us tired &
other ones super energize me.
I'd love to know why there's such a difference.
I can hardly keep my eyes open still!
Must be more in the pipeline!
I have too much to do to, I can't be falling asleep!

Some mild ear ringing off & on,
but not anything out of the ordinary.
But hubby's feeling the type of sadness,
that I felt a week or so ago.
Mexico & then Alaska. Things must be on the move for sure.
Take care.
WOQ

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
That's really crazy I've noticed excessive sleeping lately in fact this morning. I was really depressed this morning when I woke up. I wanted to just stay in bed and sleep. I forced myself up though. Also the past two days I've been irritable anxious and have felt vibrations. I couldn't tell if I was dealing with PMS with the irritability or something to do with quakes or the sun.

This afternoon and this evening I felt so much better. I'm pretty full of energy. Made a huge dinner, washed all dishes, cleaned out my fridge tidied the house. I just hope this stuff chills out soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Just happened:
At 11:45pm tonight I got a very odd ringing tone in my right ear. I always get various ringing but this one was significant in that the tone was higher and it canceled out a low droning hum in my left ear that is always there.

Backtracking to 8.2 April Chile Quake 2014:
Four days before the last big Chile 8.2 quake I got a similar but deeper ring in my left ear. It lasted a while and was very strong, strong enough for me to crane my neck and note the time, 11:09 on Friday March 28th. I regret not being able to post for the last three weeks.

Backtracking to 8.8 Chile Quake 2010:
Some of you may remember I posted about my episode I had four days before the big 8.8 EQ in Chile back in 2010. I had a much more violent ringing which started out as powerful ringing in my left ear then like an explosion it shot from my left ear to my right. I braced myself on a nearby table as it was happening, I remember telling my wife I just had an earthquake in my head. I developed a bump on my left eye as a result. Then four day later the big 8.8 EQ hit Chile.

I have been super busy and have not had time to post anything. I figured I should find a way to post this last episode as it seemed significant to me. We'll see. Be safe.

BTW:
I have been meaning to let you guys know I'm back after a long break over the summer to move the family. I have been checking in now and again, Its good to see your all still around. So you know I moved from San Diego to Sacramento.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a year or more ago, i stated on here that the next big earthquake would happen in a place where it was least expected. when i say big, I mean 9 or higher. I just wanted to repeat this, as i feel its getting closer now, its no longer way off in the future.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Poor hubby!
We had just dropped off our car to be inspected this morning,
& on the way home he had to pull off the road to catch his breath!
The usual weight on his shoulders, pec pain, dizziness, achiness...
But this time he felt sick to his stomach & short of breath.
I told him I wanted to drive!!! O,O (Worried face, lol!)

I'm not feeling much, except hungry,
but we've been running all day so far, so can't really tell.
He says he doesn't feel any better now that it's over.
In fact, he says he feels worse!
I sure hope that wasn't a foreshock!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hi guys...
Just dropping in to log weird pains, like the rib pains some of us get, but much much sharper, along with sore shoulders, and ankles (unusual). And I'm on some kind of mission to totally wear myself out, I think...I can't, or wont stop, and there isn't a moment of the day when I'm not doing anything...much more than usual. What am I prepping for, huh?

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend...stay safe.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've felt lousy today. Also last night had some ear ringing. For the first time I can really recall, I've had a dream where some kind of natural disaster happens. Seems it was involving a lot of water. Whether sinkhole, mudslide or tsunami I can't be sure. I am trying to recall but it's been over 12 hours ago.

I've been pretty edgy and emotional. Hungry too! I'm uneasy as it feels way too quiet tonight.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hey all, I haven't felt the need to post in this thread for quite a while. Hubby woke up 2 hours ago with a sense of something not being right, he says the feeling gave him the heebie jeebies right away. He spent a while bouncing around the TV news channels, and then checking online news. He said whatever woke him from a pleasant dream earlier is more like an expectation of bad news on the news. I agree with him, I woke up myself about an hour ago to the same sensation. I turned on the bedroom TV to check the news and checked online, too, expecting to see something about a major disaster somewhere.

Needless to say, I've got GEE running now.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hi guys....just dropping in to say yes to ear rings early this morning, rubbish sleep patterns and a sense of doom which I can't shake, but then I have some major nasty personal life stuff going on this week, so maybe it's just that. Stay safe everyone.

Edit to add...I'm not going to post any more here unless I have a specific dream or information to share...there is too much going on and I don't want to clutter up the thread with wrong stuff...I will be reading though!

edit on 21-4-2014 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars
A very belated welcome to you, Stormy! Great to have you wish us. I assure you that your contributions will be most welcome! And thank you to rbkruspe as well.

Just a general observation to everyone: it seems the level of edginess among us right now is much higher than normal. (Yes, I'm feeling that way lately.)

Seismic activity has been quite topsy-turvy this year; we had a few months where things were generally very quiet, with no quakes over magnitude seven for more than four months (since Nov 25 last year), and then in last few weeks or so, it's been totally the opposite. There have been seven quakes of mag 7.0 or bigger since April 2nd, including a magnitude 8.2. This is way over the average for that time span, just as the previous few months were well under it.

What troubles me is perhaps the same thing that worries many of you: the feeling that even though there have been all these bigger quakes, things have not settled down and more of the same is on the way. The coastal stretch from Panama up to Sth Mexico still has the potential for some major activity, as does the section in Nth Chile/ Sth Peru where the 8.2 occurred. And that fault zone through the Solomon Islands region has similar markers.

Meanwhile, the PNW (Cascadia) region has gone relatively quiet. That region is bothersome, for reasons that have been well laid out in this thread by several members. It really is a "sleeping giant" because apparently, even many of the local inhabitants are unaware of its true potential.

new topics

top topics

<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join