It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

There seem to be four groups of people from what I've observed.

The kind that know & care, & are trying to do something about it. (Empathetic)

The kind that don't know, don't care & don't want to know. (Apathetic)

The kind that are starting to know, but don't know what to do. (Sympathetic)

And perhaps the worst kind.
The ones that know, but choose to ignore it, because they think it won't do any good anyway! (Pathetic!)

Great song BTW!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Question for all: is our ability to sense time a product of the energy involved in the "piece" of time? Does anyone follow me? Time and energy are intertwined, after all.

And if there is a variable energy component, could it be that some events in time somehow overflow their boundaries -- if that makes sense?

Okay, I didn't put that well, but hopefully it might mean something. As I said, it's basically just come out as I think it.

Hi Mike,

Ohh boy. You made me think of something that I was hoping would just go away if I pretended hard enough...but it didn't work. I think I know what you're trying to say...but here's an example (you can tell me if it's what you meant or not).

I've had a whole series of dreams relating to Washington State and a pending disaster, which have been becoming more frequent. But, the first ones I had is what relates to this question...and what gives me the heebie jeebies.

Back in Jan. 2010...I think somewhere around 16th-18th (?) I had a lucid dream about a huge flood that became a raging river going through the 405 interstate highway through downtown Bellevue (the water current was heading south). It was after a huge earthquake occurred which had tumbled the skyscrapers here like dominoes. (I had dreams in the years before that about the buildings in downtown Seattle doing the same thing).

In Jan 2011, I had another dream where it went lucid when a guy showed up and asked me if I knew about Jan. 18th? It felt like an actual person, separate from me, interrupted my dream specifically to give me this message.

Prior to to the Jan 2010 dream, I had had a dream involving the earthquake part of the dream in Bellevue when the buildings fell down sideways, and a resulting flood that was again...in the 405 running through Bellevue. Only I didn't record this dream in my journal...so I don't know when I had it...but I would crap my pants if it had been in Jan. 2009.

I am going from memory and so I may have a couple of details out of place...when I get home I will dig up my dream journals to document all of the dreams about this area that I have been avoiding posting...just because I haven't been able to face the story they tell me. But that's no excuse...not if it might help someone as westcoast has pointed out.

Anyways, until then...the idea I was getting was that if something was so huge and devastating...wouldn't the ripples before and after it not spread out (as westcoast has described before) and "overflow" their boundaries in the time around the event? So if something happened in say, Jan....would every January around that time leading up to the event - sensitive people pick up on it?

But my bigger concern, is usually my dreams show me things 6 months in advance (such as the Dec. 2004 tsunami)...and not on the "anniversary" of said event in the years before. So if I'm getting something every January about the same event....WTF is going to actually happen that it sends ripples out that far in time.

Sorry...I truly do not mean to frighten anyone...I'm only expressing my feeling of what this experience has meant to me emotionally. I've been getting knocked in the head with dreams as of late, and they've never been so insistent before, so of course I'm a tiny bit unnerved. But I've also had many experiences in life that have confirmed that everything is in perfect order, and exactly how it is meant to be...so you do what you can, and let the rest go.

So, again, I've tried to pretend these dreams weren't happening, but now I'm starting to feel like I'm being irresponsible by not sharing them. So hopefully I'm not too exhausted when I get home so I can finally relieve myself of the information I've been keeping.

But my immediate concern is with Oklahoma and the New Madrid fault line. Something seems to be brewing over there.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I decided to put the series of dreams in the Dream section of ATS. Mostly because people are likely to go there first if they are having similar dreams. Here is a link if you're interested, or would like to contribute:

Series of Dreams Related to Washington State

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

Thank you for posting that new thread. I've made a couple or three new replies since you were last there so I'd be glad if you'd check them out. Also at the top of P2, another member has posted something about a dream she had that you might find interesting. I sure did!

On the main subject of the thread, the quakes in Oklahoma are continuing. There was another about 20 minutes ago, a mag 3.0 in the dame region. Another aftershock. These are to be expected and could continue for weeks, in fact.

Here's a weird little detail from my perspective. Take a look at the data sheet from USGS for this latest quake:

Magnitude 3.0 - OKLAHOMA
2011 November 09 12:08:36 UTC

* Details
* Maps

Earthquake Details

* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 3.0
Date-Time

* Wednesday, November 09, 2011 at 12:08:36 UTC
* Wednesday, November 09, 2011 at 06:08:36 AM at epicenter

Location 35.531°N, 96.770°W
Depth 4.9 km (3.0 miles)
Region OKLAHOMA
Distances

* 9 km (6 miles) NW (304°) from Prague, OK
* 10 km (6 miles) SSE (153°) from Sparks, OK
* 12 km (8 miles) ENE (72°) from Meeker, OK
* 26 km (16 miles) NE (35°) from Shawnee, OK
* 69 km (43 miles) E (85°) from Oklahoma City, OK
* 304 km (189 miles) N (0°) from Dallas, TX

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 7.7 km (4.8 miles); depth +/- 3.1 km (1.9 miles)
Parameters NST= 17, Nph= 24, Dmin=26.7 km, Rmss=0.71 sec, Gp=101°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=5
Source

* Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb0006med

Source: USGS

Notice the closest city? Prague. It's a small town that was founded by Czech immigrants in the 19th century. As I live in the original Prague, which is the Czech capital, that caught my notice when the first quake reports started coming in. But the second rather odd piece of synchronicity (or whatever) is this: the shorthand form of Oklahoma is OK (as all Americans know). And our national airline, called Czech Airlines (or Ceska Aerolinie here) has the international flight code prefix of... OK.

Isn't that odd? Nothing more to say on it. It's just one of those odd things.

Best regards,

Mike

edit on 9/11/11 by JustMike because: I added link to quoted data source.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks JustMike - I'll do that, but I won't be able to reply before tonight...suddenly work is insanely busy this week which is so unusual for me. Of course it's when I have something much more interesting that I want to do.

-------------------------

I did want to come on here and mention ahead of time that I will be really interested to know whether people's symptoms here (vertigo, pressure, anxiety, body aches, disorientation etc.) go up significantly in the next few days to week. If so, hopefully some report it here. I'm noticing another trend, separate and completely different that might be correlating with the earthquake-like symptoms (and very well may be playing a part in the earthquakes, etc. too, I have no idea). But, I'm not ready to put myself out there on this publicly just yet, so I just want to note it here as a marker and see if anything does happen and then go from there.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So just coming here to mention I'm being hit crazy hard. But, I don't have enough in me to elaborate. Just making note.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Had another earthquake dream last night but information is very blurry... this one was California. Centralish, like northeast of Los Angeles. Can't remember the city name for the life of me, was strange because it was a mag 8 something but the red box on the map was way too small. Had people calling me from the east coast and asking if I was okay and I'm like yeah I didn't even feel it. I dunno, probably nothing but thought I'd share.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to this post by wasobservingquietly, this post by onthelookout, and this one by OTL as well, and also to this post by TMG333

Hello everyone,

thought it simpler just to do this all together.

WOQ, I agree wholeheartedly with what you have so eloquently expressed. Albert Einstein once said,

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

I think that's half the troubles of the world summed up in one sentence. And even in respect of major earthquakes, how much effort and money is spent by the world's governments in affected countries to at least improve quake awareness and preparedness, let alone to improve the monitoring of seismic events and trying to find ways to predict them? Precious little when we compare it with the military budgets of many countries.

Is error by omission evil? I mean, if there are people amongst those in power who know full well that (for example) there one day has to be either a major quake or volcanic eruption in the US, yet they dither and dally over allocating funds for resources that would undoubtedly help to save lives, are they evil? And what about other nations, like Japan, China and some south American countries? Are they doing as much as they could, or is the loss of some lives of little import to their own "powers that be"?

It would seem so to me.

OnTheLookout and TMG333, here's another quote from Einstein:

We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.

and

There is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance.

and also

To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.

(All quotes within this post may be found at Brainy Quote (dot) com )

I think that old Albert was spot on here. We know so very little about nature and every day we have opportunities to use our intuition to try and learn a little more. Much of what we do here is based upon that quality of intuition, of using our minds and not just our thinking.

Truly creative thought is a rather rare commodity, and its rarity is increased by the fact that no matter what wonders of thought we create, no-one else knows of them unless we share them. How many brilliant ideas that might have changed our lives for the better have been lost, because they were never shared?

This is one reason why I encourage everyone to share their ideas, no matter how far out they may seem.

And another thought from Einstein, which I think relates to what I was trying to say in an earlier post when I mentioned my concept that perhaps some forms of energies released by major quakes are so intense that they overflow through time, allowing some of us to sense them:

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

and

The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.

Einstein considered time a useful component for equations, but in some ways he also seemed to see it more as a construct of perception. Yes, it exists, but its existence depends on how it is perceived. I feel this could be important to what we are attempting to do but haven't quite worked out the complete "why" and "how" yet.

I'll finish this set of Einsteinian quotes with one of my favorites:

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.

Now, that I can definitely relate to!

Mike

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wanted to post really quick that I have just had a sudden sense of something big about to happen...last time it was whithin a couple of hours.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Been having really unsettling pain in my joints all day today. It's probably just from the weather change but might be worth noting, might not, who knows. My back, hip and knee have been killing me... I don't usually have pain like this. Maybe I'm just getting old.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

Wierd you mention that. I have been aching all day. I have arthritis so I figured it was due to the weather also, but it had struck me how I have days like this from time to time that seem to tie in with my other 'symptoms' that I have come to associate with large quakes.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yeah I don't have arthritis or any previous injuries or anything that would cause me to ache like this so it's strange for me. It's gotten really cold here in Southern Cali recently so I figured it was just my body transitioning from the 90+ weather it's been used to. Having a hard time wanting to go to sleep because getting up and moving around is helping with the pain some.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just popped in to see if anyone else was here after I saw the 6.6 in tne Molucca Sea!
We didn't really feel anything today that would have alerted us. Maybe too far away.

My husband had back pain tonight, but he was scrunched up doing a repair on the house in a tight spot today.
I did wake up during the night last night & my back hurt really bad, left side, around where the kidney would be. Even sore to the touch. But this morning when I woke up...nothing! So probably not related. First time I ever felt it though. Probably for both of us, just OLD AGE, aaaahhhhh!!!!!

Was concerned though because the regular suspects showed up today. S America, NZ/NG, Indonesia & Japan. It seems like whenever they show up on the same day, with around 5.0's, that something good sized is coming! Must be the whole ring of fire connection!

Mike
The whole error by omission scenario is about to be tested in another way here in PA with the Penn State scandal!
They are going to fall like dominoes when everything comes out. They've only just scratched the surface! It's going to take over the news for weeks. It will take something really big to get top news story over this one locally!
I wonder if it will shake up anyone else in other fields/ professions who have looked the other way about anything? Probably not, they usually think they are invincible!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Well, I'm just checking in to say that after all my joint pains I was having, I'm now sick with a very sore throat and lots of sinus congestion, so it was probably just the onset of a cold and nothing quake related for me.
We did have a minor 3.1 in LA last night, but that's common for us obviously. Hope you all are feeling better!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

Felt the same way, and I am also sick now.

For the record, I did just have one of the loudest ear rings ever, but nothing else with it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just making note here, when I was seeing whether there would be an uptick in symptoms in the few days after I posted...and it seems like it was pretty quiet here...so I'm going to say that's a no go with a correlation I was thinking of.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

For all that, I'm still itching to know what your correlation hypothesis was, OTL. I mean, with only a limited period of observation and hence a small "sample", it's not really possible to determine the validity of most "possible cause and effect" hypotheses anyway.

So if you would share your idea I'd appreciate it and I'm sure others would too. Even if you feel your hypothesis isn't viable, that doesn't mean it can't be developed in some way. All ideas are welcome, after all!

And to those suffering with colds and flu at the present time: I sympathize.
I went through the same thing a few weeks ago and it was pretty rough. Worst I've had in a couple of years or so, anyway. Could be a nasty version of the cold virus doing the rounds. (There are many different ones, after all. More than 100 different types of cold virus are known, in fact.)

Mike

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Just want to note that I'm feeling strange. Just a weird feeling. But I guess we all get like that at times. Can't pin it down to any particular thing. But don't be overly surprised if there is a significant quake within the next day or so.

By significant, I mean it'll make the msm, whereas most of what we watch and comment on over in the Quakewatch thread doesn't. I'm inclined to think it could therefore be something medium strong in the lower 48 (US). But it would have to be a 5.0 Mw or bigger to make much news in that case.

Either that or a larger one in Sth America (have my eye on the Bolivia region at present but won't elaborate now. It's late.)

We'll see within the next day, anyway.

1:21 a.m. here so I'll bid you all goodnight from here. Stay safe...

Mike

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Not used to doing this via my cell, so I hope this works right...but just had several ear rings in my right ear so loud, that it muffled out a loud restaurant.

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Still been ringing every hour or two all day. Started ringing more often the last couple of hours.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join