It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Hitler that bad?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Have any of you seen todays Bu(ll)sh(it)s speech in Kneset?

That was the peak of hypocrisy!!!!!!!!!!!
He said something like that (sorry for not quoting directly): If we do not do something we will end up like Poland in 1939, and blablabla the alliance between Israel and Us is unbreakable we will always be on your side
yeah sure Magog will always be on your side

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

Actions of this man brought death to more then 100 million human being world wide. If this is not evil/bad - then what is? Only computer can stand on the other side of good vs bad. All people have moral values - even those that think they do not. As for Hitler near winning war - he was NEVER near winning war.Once he fell for Stalin tricks and took Poland he was doomed.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
I don't belive that their is one person here that can say that they haven't willinly chosen to do something that they perceived as right while another person in their life perceived it to be wrong. If this is true then your judgement of hitler and anyone else like him reflects back on to you. He that is with out sin cast the first stone!!!

Theres a bit of a difference between not mowing the grass when you said you would and having your partner get on your case about it and orchestrating the largest war ever fought and at the same time systematically trying to eliminate an entire race of people in the process.

So me, I'm chucking boulders in Hitlers direction. Lots of them.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
what about russia after the second world war butchered the polish people that where welcoming russia with open arms

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hitler had to be stopped because he was able to lead his country men to such horrble acts in the name of pride. He hated his Jewish mother so he decided to wipe out their existence. My only fear is Bin Ladin invokes alot of the same blind obedience that followers of Hitler had. We forget our history we forget too soon why he had to be stopped. As example we forgot that the Husseins were put into power by Hitler and that they were heavily influenced by him. Saddam should have been killed in 91. To say there were no weapons of mass destruction is simply a lie. They were there and by all accounts they are still there hidden. Our military has uncovered and destroyed tanks, jets, and weapons that were all buried in stratigic location in Iraq. We went to war because we had to.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Actually USSR butchered Polish people in 1939 even more. But i do not see anyone here who will say that Stalin (add Lenin and Trotsky) are not monsters. So i do not understand your point. I am for including those and other monsters in schoolbooks.
However there will be countries that will disagree with that. I doubt that China will accept truth about Mao without protest. Or Russia-Stalin. Or Turkey.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamclement
yes he was that bad....

end of discussion....

close the topic

well think about what im saying YES HITLER IS BAD BUT SO ARE OTHER DICTATORS WHY DO WE VERY SELDOM HEAR OF THE OTHER DICTATORS!?

im not saying hitler isnt bad, my title causes confusion i realize but read my first post and you will see.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by djerwulfe

And this may be a part of Hitler's high-profile: GUILT. GUILT. Nobody in old Western Europe oo the US was ever on-board with Stalin, or Mao, but people WERE on-board with the Nazi agenda. Some are still considered "Great Americans" and such....

very good point, we make him the most evil of evil because we had a hand in what he created whether we like to think so or not. and its true we didnt try to stop him in his rise to power we threw treaties at him to try and stop him but the documents only work when you have a little force behind them we didnt put any force behind them and he got to powerful to out of control. so at the end of the war we looked back and said "you know we kinda didnt stop him when we should have when he was invading surrounding countries and killing people" and with that realization we decided to remind ourselves to never let a situation get out of hand like that again.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

You know... if you changed your thread title from 'Was Hitler that bad?' to 'Was Hitler as bad?' it would clarify your intent much better
And it would sound much less absurd

[edit on 013131p://15u31 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

he wasnt just trying to kill the jews he was killing everyone not aryan. that means me you your neighbor unless youre aryan of course but it wasnt just the jews.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by caballero

You know... if you changed your thread title from 'Was Hitler that bad?' to 'Was Hitler as bad?' it would clarify your intent much better
And it would sound much less absurd

[edit on 013131p://15u31 by Lucid Lunacy]

i dont know how to change my title or i would. i look at it and get mad at myself a little. if you know how to share with me please but i dont know how to.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Actions of this man brought death to more then 100 million human being world wide. If this is not evil/bad - then what is? Only computer can stand on the other side of good vs bad. All people have moral values - even those that think they do not. As for Hitler near winning war - he was NEVER near winning war.Once he fell for Stalin tricks and took Poland he was doomed.

Again according to whom? Do you think Hitler thought it was a bad idea? How about the people that financed Hitler do you think they thought it was bad. How many people have been killed and bomb by our own Government, do you believe that we were right on all occasions? How many deaths is the United States Government responsible for since its inception? And how do you think our enemys view us? Do you honestly believe they think they are the bad guys and we are the good ones. What I see here is a double standard. The German people were behind Hitler as most American are behind our current policy not because they were Evil but because they had invested interest in a certain out come!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
I don't belive that their is one person here that can say that they haven't willinly chosen to do something that they perceived as right while another person in their life perceived it to be wrong. If this is true then your judgement of hitler and anyone else like him reflects back on to you. He that is with out sin cast the first stone!!!

Theres a bit of a difference between not mowing the grass when you said you would and having your partner get on your case about it and orchestrating the largest war ever fought and at the same time systematically trying to eliminate an entire race of people in the process.

So me, I'm chucking boulders in Hitlers direction. Lots of them.

You people don't seem to understand the real issue. It wasn't Hitler it was the goal he was seeking to achive. His religious beleif is what drove him to do what he did with such passion. It is the reason why he had so many people behind him. The German people were not a stupid people. Hitler was not the enemy, the enemy was the idea that one race of people or Idea is better than another. These same principal still exist in or modern day world, you don't think so, look at the current war. Your judgement of the event is clouded in emotion not facts.

[edit on 5/15/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I am not going to consider Hitler moral values and his ideals. For me he is a monster. And if not for his actions Germans would not do those things, even if they started a war. He is responsible for shifting and undermining their basic moral values.
I suggest the following experiment - visit every country on this planet (sorry - cannot provide budget) and ask - "person who is responsible for 100 million deaths while trying to achieve his goals that he considered utopia - is good or bad? I think you get the idea.
As for all the other conflicts - also one question - do you consider any side in WW1 good Or bad? In that time of course each side painted itself white and other black. But once time washed those colors the truth can be seen - all were equally wrong. And it did not take long - majority of people after ww1 accepted that war was useless and bloody. In all countries. Even though its history was written by winners, as always.
Almost 70 years passed by since WW2 and majority of people know what side was worse. This should provide you with hint.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

We are drawing straws as far as who is more evil than who ... the bottom line is that all these characters are/were evil/selfish/greedy people who serve their own interests and could care less what happens to the rest of the world as long as their needs/beliefs are served ... is democracy really better than communism? ... do our beliefs make us better than those who live in the middle east? ... it's all relative ... if you grew up in a place like the middle east, your beliefs and your opinions would be very different ... one thing you can be certain about is that the U.S. seems to be going in the wrong direction and the people campaigning for power are no better than the ones that are currently in charge ... can "We the people" ... survive as a country ... can "We the people" survive on this planet? ... it is in the nature of humans to destroy themselves ... it's just a matter of time ... if we look at all these evil tyrants, there are many things we can learn from them ... all we have to do is pay attention ... we can even learn from our country's fearless leader (as hard as this seems to believe) ... bottom line is that in their quest to push their personal agendas and those of their private interests ... these guys have made democracy seem like simply another dirty word ... who's next? who will we go after next? Who will go after us next? Who will we frame for going after us next?

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" (Credit to some Wise Guy) ...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think its a huge mistake to say that the people that committed these crimes against the human family are Evil or bad. Misguided is a word that is better suited. They don't do what they do because they want to be the next Bad Guy, no one wants to be the Bad Guy. However everyone wants to be right. Everyone want to be the chosen people, the favorites. We behave as children trying to win. Have you ever heard people say "children can be so cruel when they are trying to get their way!!" Until the day comes when we can set our emotions aside and deal with the true nature of our destructiveness objectively, we will continue to repeat history until we learn from it and correct the mistakes.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Do you even know who funded Hitler. That country had just lost a war, they were broke. Where did he get the money to build that monsterous army. Google Project paper clip or Operation Paperclip. When your done with that Google Ratline or Ratlines. You might be shocked at what you find!!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Do you people Know who Wernher von Braun is and his ties to the Nazi party.

how about Ford motor co, GE, Union Bank.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
the united states just loves to fund destruction. i mean look at our involvment in the middle east.

for a country that brings so much choas into the world who are we to say that hitler is evil? the american empire funds destruction aross the planet.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
the united states just loves to fund destruction. i mean look at our involvment in the middle east.

for a country that brings so much choas into the world who are we to say that hitler is evil? the american empire funds destruction aross the planet.

Again not Evil but more like, a one sided Agenda. This should not be a surprise, this is the way its always been. Look at history from the Roman Empire, England and all the other world powers that we have ever had, same old thing, revamped, remodeled!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join