It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is reporting ufos illegal? Why The Media Blackout?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have been doing research in this topic for a long time and it seems the more I learn the more confused I get. There are so many theories circulating that its almost impossible to discern fact from fiction.

I believe aliens are not only here but have been here for many millenia and the ufos we occassionaly see are the ones not cloaking. Cloaking? Yes. If we can make a destroyer vanish then why can't the super evolved aliens? Its not that far fetched as some may think.

This brings me to media ignoring the topic for decades. Why are they ignoring the topic? Is it against the law to report sightings? If so why do we get the occassional reports and documentaries but not on a regular basis? If there was a blackout nothing would be reported and we would be told the reason. For example its a violation of US Code.......

If ufology is highly classified(as some say) and I partially accept then why are we here discussing the topic and not arrested? Another unwritten NWO rule?...geesh I am getting tired of all these unwritten rules.

All comments welcome.

Mod Edit: changed the title to add the blackout question per the OP's request.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

i dont think its illegal to report a ufo

i do believe it's illegal to have contact with aliens...

www.geocities.com...
The alien quarantine law

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Its not illegal to report a sighting then again what agency are you talking about?police?nsa?mufon?but he is right,its illegal to either touch or communicate with the ufo.people call and report all the time to 911 to police agencies all over.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

: According to a law already on the books:
:
: (Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, adopted
: on July 16, 1969, before the Apollo moon shots), anyone guilty of
: such contact automatically becomes a wanted criminal to be jailed
: for one year and fined $5,000. The NASA administrator is empowered
: to determine with or without a hearing that a person or object has
: been "extraterrestrially exposed" and impose an indeterminate
: quarantine under armed guard, which could not be broken even by
: court order.

Nice find! Its amazing how many laws exist that we are not familiar with but it barely has anything to do with reporting/seeing ufos.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Its not illegal to report a sighting then again what agency are you talking about?police?nsa?mufon?but he is part right,its illegal to either touch or communicate with the ufo.people call and report all the time to 911 to police agencies all over.

I was reffering about the media blackout...unless its a major sighting.

And what difference does it make where you report your sighting to?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
well i wouldnt report it to the cia or nsa for sure.they either would hangup or have you commited since they think they dont exist.freedom of information act u gotta love it today amkes us have the right to get information now,back in the 60s 70s 80s that wouldnt be the case.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
With or without a hearing. Extraterrestrially exposed. Well, thats a new word for me. I never knew it was illegal to tough or be exposed to an alien lifeform. And all one has to be is accused of extraterrestrial exposure, and the men in black can come scoop you up, 'abduct' you ironically without a hearing, lock you away and not even a court order can get you out of the quarantine. WOW.

Did everyone else know Nasa had such broadly defined superpowers?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
With or without a hearing. Extraterrestrially exposed. Well, thats a new word for me. I never knew it was illegal to tough or be exposed to an alien lifeform. And all one has to be is accused of extraterrestrial exposure, and the men in black can come scoop you up, 'abduct' you ironically without a hearing, lock you away and not even a court order can get you out of the quarantine. WOW.

Did everyone else know Nasa had such broadly defined superpowers?

Nasa is a part of the defense agency. It says so in its chapter!

In some ways this law does make sense in that they want to prevent people from getting contaminated from unknown diseases. God knows where all these new viruses we hear about everyday originate from.

I support this law although it might be subject to a broader interpretation and thus prone to abuse.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Intergalactic law #4857b states that no observing species may come into contact with those beings on their home planet of 'Earth' known as 'Humans'.

Yes, it's against the law.

It's just that it isn't one of our laws.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Are you the galactic supreme justice?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well im sorry but if i come in contact with these beings so be it...there a story to tell afterwards,a book to write,a talk shows to go on(esp coast to coast am)and hopefully pictures....so the crime dont fit the punishment and dont sound all that bad after its all said and done.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I initially posted the following:

"This brings me to media ignoring the topic for decades. Why are they ignoring the topic? Is it against the law to report sightings? If so why do we get the occassional reports and documentaries but not on a regular basis? If there was a blackout nothing would be reported and we would be told the reason. For example its a violation of US Code....... "

I think we are going off topic. The reason I made this post is to make people *think* about the *real reasons* for the ufo/alien blackout by mainstream media; not if its illegal for citizens to report what they see.

Are they afraid of losing credibility or is there an actual law prohibiting them from enlightening the people? What do ya think?! :

If credibility is the issue then it becomes a vicious circle since no one wants to get their hands dirty.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
No its not illegal to the proper place. use either 911 or mufon and nuforc

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I hear visions.

It is only natural for an extra-terrestrial civilisation to have some sort of legal system that is infinitely more just and reasonable than our own, after all.

It has long been a dream of mine to ask an alien "How do you deal with terrorism?".

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
So it's not illegal to report UFOs, but its illegal to have interaction with aliens.

If aliens interact with us who do we call? Immigration?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This thread has been derailed from the beginning.

Mods please close or delete it so I can start a new topic!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It is not illegal to report UFOs (a Tesla craft sometimes?) and done all the time.

An upstate person saw a strange plane and reported it.
The next day a new plane was unveiled in a press release.

Gone are the days when saucers landed with little green men.
Except I did hear of a crash into a house that put six of the
crew inside in stretchers. The MIB covered it up with some pressure
on the home owner and neighborhood witnesses.
Apparently three were passengers and actors in case of a soft landing
due to them being small in stature.

It is not illegal to tell all you know about the craft but is sure to be an
Illuminati no no.

Check out the effects of alternating electrostatic generation, there
is not much. AC can make static electricity just as DC or rubbing
wool on rubber.

Possibly bright and sometimes unseen things in the sky are due
to the high static drive mechanism but it is quite unheard of and
only a mere theory.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
This thread has been derailed from the beginning.

Mods please close or delete it so I can start a new topic!

What reporting type are you questioning.

I covered a few.

People in the know can't say anything, that is obvious.

Earth bound or not, people may be running these craft and
won't tell us.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I actually find the very broad base of that quarantine law somewhat suspecious. In essence, it is a way to stifle any possible whistleblower provided ridicule doesn't work.

Granted, the reasoning is valid, i.e. returning astronauts and space craft. But astronauts and human craft are never mentioned in the law, as if it were purposely left open ended to cover other possibilities.

Not a smoking gun by any means, but certainly something to make one stop and think.

A UFO is by nature an object in motion, or at least in the air, so it would not fall into the catagory of an object you could come into contact with unless you smacked into one while skydiving.However, a UGO, Unidentified Grounded Object, could be anything from anywhere. And it is this that seems to be the focus of this law.

Could this law be used to "gitmo" someone who had proof of an alien visitation where contact was made? Well, even if it wasn't meant that way in the beginning, it could easily be used for that purpose.

Because of the wording, the law could also be used to "handle" anyone who had found a piece of crashed craft, such as the alleged Roswell saucer, or a scrap of failed Chinese spacecraft.

This seems to be a contingency law made "just in case", but we have no way of knowing what the framers of this law had in mind for a case.

(And just as the law is vague in it's wording, I use "alien" to mean anything from outside of the national borders.
)

[edit on 13-5-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by easynow

: According to a law already on the books:
:
: (Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, adopted
: on July 16, 1969, before the Apollo moon shots), anyone guilty of
: such contact automatically becomes a wanted criminal to be jailed
: for one year and fined $5,000. The NASA administrator is empowered
: to determine with or without a hearing that a person or object has
: been "extraterrestrially exposed" and impose an indeterminate
: quarantine under armed guard, which could not be broken even by
: court order.

Does that mean that if an Alien or Aliens jumped out from behind a rock on another planet and chased me if I was an astronaut, I would become a criminal to the lawmakers as "contact" technically had been made ?

Or would they just stick me in quarantine as per the definitions of the rule.

www.weeklyuniverse.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join