It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible way of becoming a "Werewolf"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'd also like to post my opinion on how the "stories" of werewolves came to be.

The moon affects the earth in alot of ways, the tides and what not, and I think it also affects people as well.

Talk to any policeman/woman or EMT (ambulance driver), or people who work in the emergency rooms around the world. They'll tell you how busy it is for them when there is a full moon out. One woman nurse I spoke to told me she doesn't even need to look outside the hospital at night and she can tell when there's a full moon. She says the ER becomes like twice as busy as a normal friday or saturday night. Sure enough she take a look outside and there it is a full moon.

I think the moon affects people who are already prone to psychological problems, and it intensifies them. It also seems to have an effect on alchoholics and other addicts, who seem to always go to a new level of crazyness when there's a full moon.

I think thats how the whole fullmoon part of the myth spawned personally.

I'd like to be a "were'bird", then you'd be able to fly, now that I wouldn't mind. Maybe a werehawk, or a werefalcon.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

That is truly funny.
I myself don't see the "Divine Force in the Universe that men have called God" in any mainstream fashion either, but werewolves....
The only possibility of something AKIN to a werewolf would be found in Shamanism...and it wouldn't be what people today see as a werewolf either. Also, my horribly violent Nordic ancestors practiced an art known as Beserkang (the process started out with psychothropic mushrooms and meditation... and it ended with a river of blood and severed limbs....and blood orgies....*shudder*) and were known to take on the "nature" (in historical accounts) of powerful, totemic animal spirits such as tigers, bears, and wolves. That would be an example of Shamanism.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have to agree with those of you that put the werewolve legend into the psycological arena. Shamans, Indians, and the more uncivilized clans and warriors about the world have often used animal skins to disguise themselves in battle, essentially taking the spirit of the animal into them and using its power to conquer. As well, hunters throughout history have used animal carcasses to mask their scent to get closer to prey in the wild.
As far as ancient magics of shamans, druids, holy-men, and such, I think the naturally grown "herbs" of the area had a lot to do with their ability to shape shift.
I have only heard of the feral children as if an urband legend, especially since you can see something like that in a movie and most often can count on hollywood to over-dramatize the truth. Thanks for the link.
As to the Gable Film, I watched that clip a couple time and the only creature I see is a gorilla. The row of front teeth and upper fangs combined with the angled 4-legged gallop are just too much like those of gorillas that I have seen. The fact that it is such poor quality film leaves me skeptical in the very beginning. It just seems very "Blair Witch" to me.

As to the OP original topic...no way I would want to go through the mental hell of being a classic werewolf. I watched 'Howling' and 'Am.WW in London'.
Pass.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Anyway, i believe it's actually entirely possible to become a werewolf, it's just that the common conception of a werewolf is grossly exaggerated.

A man who believes he is a wolf will act like one, and over time he will become more and more feral.

What i do know is that werewolves are far more common culturally than other creatures of the night such as vampires or witches - seperate accounts have been found in seperate cultures, all of which displaying similar characteristics.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

So, this is to say that a person who believes he is a wolf will eventually turn into a hairy beast?

And also, i say there were always more countries with vampires. How much have you researched this? Try to find me a counrty that never had any vampires!

Oh, and the seventh son "thing" is actually from vampire myths. One had to be the seventh son of a seventh son to be a drainer, not a crazy bundle of hair and claws.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

It's true, there are more accounts of werewolves in different cultures than there are vamps - which is a distinctly European Myth, and i'm half tempted to believe it was created about the same time as the witch hunts.

If you don't believe me, you can find the answers for yourself, because i have faith in my own conviction.

If you would wish to prove me wrong, by all means do so.

As for your last entry, i had always thought that the 8th son of an 8th son would be a magician of some kind, do you think possibly there is some sort of link between the two?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I wish more people would come up with stuff like this. Asking God to make you into a werewolf. That's classic.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK

Oh, here are some extra comma's and peroids I had lying around (looks like you may have have ran out).

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
.......................................................................................

This is off topic, but the above quote was so funny to me I had to comment- SystemiK, I was literally laughing out loud. I am constantly getting mad at people on other websites for not using correct punctuation.

As for the topic at hand, I do not believe in werewolves, simply because I don't believe the human body can transform physically like that. It seems physiologically impossible to me. And while I do allow for the possiblity of just about anything, I have always thought werewolves to be highly improbable.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Ignored!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
well to tell you the truth guys i think the full moon is just made up crap
i believe a werewolf can transform at will until the full moon then he/she is full wolf
and has a hunger for blood and flesh mean while if its not a full moon the manwolf has almost full control but each night he/she gets wilder and wilder only when there is no moon they have full control and most human hmm what do you guys think

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
if its a "curse" then I doubt they would become in control of it to use it as their advantage. A curse is supposed to be a burden, not a gift.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

yes but if i am right its still a curse each time you transform its going to be agony and also on a full moon when your full wolf your going to be killing everything that moves
even if it is a friend or family member

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 6dark6energy6

Perhaps not, there are examples in Native American culture where the werewolf was actually some sort of witch (i.e; one who practices black arts) in a wolf's clothing.

There is also one article whereby an individual claimed that werewolves were actually the hounds of God, and that they were sent down from heaven to drag the guilty (Witches, Demons) to the pits of hell.

Course, the poor chap was given ten lashes, but it was nice of him to put a spin on the tale.

An interesting possiblity that backs this up is that werewolves are said not to be hindered by religious symbology.

The actual act of transmission of lycanthropy is actually quite rare in legendary terms.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

interesting hmm why do you think some people relate werewolves to the hounds of satan
that is just stupid

in the medieval ages people always related the strange and unknown to the devil

even if an angel came and bit them on the bum i think they thought it was a demon in disguise

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
i is a werewulf.

i can do it when i want because i is a werewulf and i eats people and stuff and howl and do things that werewulfs do sometimes

so there werewulfs are real becorse i is one and i knows it is a fact

but i is not always a werewulf. only sometimes other i is normal ike you and people that are normal like me

so you can be sure that werewulfs is true becourse i is one and i knows that they are real becourse we is.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What has always struck me as funny is whenever there is a thread about lycans, werewolves, ect the people who support the idea of a classical werewolf(Ie; Fangs, hair, claws) always have such bad Grammar and punctuatuion. Mind you, I do not have the literary skills of a Yale graduate, but I find it hard to understand and believe what the original poster will say, Sorry just going on a small rant. Anyways I believe that us humans are capable of a lot more than we think we can do, and if people choose to manifest that power to make themselves Lycan, then that's great.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Bruceleeroy2]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 6dark6energy6

Its not a curse, its a gift ^^ lol curses are unwanted and come across people too often. A gift is a treasure, something nobody just gets, it has to be earned. eh well thats what i think. And more so that it is more of a possibility to transform by will, rather than force. you have to also be very smart to become one or else if there was any unwise ones, the whole world would believe they are real by now. It would be a fact and not a myth. Just thought i would add my two cents.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
the only thing seperating you from other forms is the water you drink and the consciousnees you have while drinking.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No, it's not my objective to be proving anyone right or wrong. It is a legitimate piece of info that the vampire hunts went on in similar times as the witch hunts, in europe. But then, throughout history there were so many more vampires, in so many different countries. I've not found a nation without some sort of vampire myth. Each little era has its own. They pop up at different times, in all places, and there are all types. I've even read of a few types that resemble shadows- adult size, completely black figures that would use jagged or thorny tongues to pierce into the bodies of its/their victims. There are people out there who read some, and then say that the lengthening incisors idea is pure hollywood (in its purest impurity)- corrupting mythological data. But then you have the fact that if there were biological correspondents to the vampie myths-as we're discussing for the werewolf myths, it would only make sense. What biological thing has a jagged tongue? (but then, i suppose i'd be ranting) In short, i have read enough to have my own convictions. And i would also see a connection between witchery and vampirism- not always but sometimes. As some werewolves were exactly related to witches, so have been some of the vampires. Even today, among the biological people who commonly attribute themselves as alike to such things, witchery is common also. There is a constant link. Though i am curious to know, wherever did the 8th of 8th son come from? Would the 6th of 6th be a were, do you suppose?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I tried to become a werewolf once by letting my best friends dog bite me...I wound up with a nasty infection rather than bloodlust at the first full moon.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

why on earth how could you think that you would get to be a werewolf by getting bitten by a dog (i would hate to be bitten unless it gave me more power)

i might not be a werewolf i do not have a lust for blood (but blood does taste nice)

BUT I DO HAVE THE LUST FOR POWER AND KNOWLEDGE!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join