It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who warned Mayor Brown not to fly on 9/11/01?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Mayor Willie Brown who was headed to New York got a warning to be careful about flying eight hours before 911 happened. His security people took the call, but as of yet no one has released any further info on that.

Think about it, even before 911, one would hope someone working in security would have the skills to ask who was calling and take the info and then to question the info and whether this was a threat in any manner. No one from the airport or security has ever said, so far as I know, who made that call, or what info they have on that call. One would think that the phone company would have a record of where that call came from.

At any rate this seems to be a big smoking gun, unless you think al quieda or Bin Laden had a soft spot for the mayor.

According to this article there were no warnings issued for flying in the US during that time period.

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 11-5-2008 by goose]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If you go to the link listed you will find a surprise on who is named as being the one who called the Mayor. According to the link Pacifica Radio reported on who warned the Mayor.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I recently heard or saw on a 9-11 YouTube video that it was non other than Condolleezza Rice. Can anyone confirm?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thats an easy question to answer....NOBODY told Willie not to fly.

Yes, there is that "pacifica radio" story....which to date has absolutely NO evidence to back it up.

Of course, we could check to see what Willie himself has to say.....

Brown's warning: In the five years since 9/11, the question of how then-San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown got a warning about flying that day continues to live on in the blogosphere -- and conspiracy theories abound. The latest version is that Condoleezza Rice alerted me personally,'' Brown said this week. "It's all part of the ongoing myth." The "myth" has its origins in the night before the attacks, when Brown called "my security people at the airport'' to check on his flight to New York the next morning. What the mayor got from his source was a warning that Americans should be concerned about traveling.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2006/09/13/BAGG9L4KI81.DTL

So, according to Willie Brown...HE called his security people at the airport and was informed that he should be careful flying.....NOT that he should not fly.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

Any evidence beyond www.prisonplanet.com?
I don't mean to attack but I don't consider him an unbiased source.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Actually the report is from the SF Chronicle, and was then picked up by Pacifica Radio.

(1:00 a.m.) September 11, 2001: Hours Before Attacks, San Francisco Mayor Receives Warning

Eight hours prior to the attacks, San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown receives a warning from “my security people at the airport,” advising him to be cautious in traveling. [San Francisco Chronicle, 9/12/2001] Later reports claim that this is because someone saw the State Department warning of September 7 (see September 7, 2001), which focused on the threat to military personnel in Asia. Brown is scheduled to fly to New York the next morning. [US Department of State, 9/7/2001; San Francisco Chronicle, 9/12/2001; San Francisco Chronicle, 9/14/2001] The source of the warning, and why it was personally issued to Brown, remains unknown.

Source: 911 Timeline, stickied at the top of the board. Good source for unbiased info.

Also, don't forget those text messages from the Israeli telecom firm telling people not to come in; that was firmly traced.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago

Actually the report is from the SF Chronicle, and was then picked up by Pacifica Radio.

(1:00 a.m.) September 11, 2001: Hours Before Attacks, San Francisco Mayor Receives Warning

Eight hours prior to the attacks, San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown receives a warning from “my security people at the airport,” advising him to be cautious in traveling. [San Francisco Chronicle, 9/12/2001] Later reports claim that this is because someone saw the State Department warning of September 7 (see September 7, 2001), which focused on the threat to military personnel in Asia. Brown is scheduled to fly to New York the next morning. [US Department of State, 9/7/2001; San Francisco Chronicle, 9/12/2001; San Francisco Chronicle, 9/14/2001] The source of the warning, and why it was personally issued to Brown, remains unknown.

Source: 911 Timeline, stickied at the top of the board. Good source for unbiased info.

Also, don't forget those text messages from the Israeli telecom firm telling people not to come in; that was firmly traced.

And no where does it say Condolezza Rice called him, nor does it say he was told not to fly. Of course in the world of the 9/11 conspiracy theorist, those facts do not matter.

Then you mention Odigo...and claim that people were told not to come in, saying it was "firmly traced" Umm, no it wasnt.

Two workers in ISRAEL received messages that something was going to happen. NEVER was there a warning to WTC workers NOT to come to work that day.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
reply to post by goose

Any evidence beyond www.prisonplanet.com?
I don't mean to attack but I don't consider him an unbiased source.

No problem, I agree we need to try and find unbiased sources and do lots of research.

I tried to get the main link to the SF chronicle to come up, but when the link was c&P posted here, it changed it, and all you got was a search page and advertisement page to the chronicle, so I posted the prison planet one since the link was clickable, it also had the links for the newsweek articles and the story about Rice and a clickable link for that.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

And no where does it say Condolezza Rice called him, nor does it say he was told not to fly. Of course in the world of the 9/11 conspiracy theorist, those facts do not matter.

Testy today, Swampy. Nowhere did I say Condoleeeeezza called him either. Give it a rest for once.

Then you mention Odigo...and claim that people were told not to come in, saying it was "firmly traced" Umm, no it wasnt.

Two workers in ISRAEL received messages that something was going to happen. NEVER was there a warning to WTC workers NOT to come to work that day.

Oh, so people in Israel are immune to 911 suspicion? ROFLMA. You confirm my post and drip scorn on it at the same time. A bit schizo, non?

[edit on 12-5-2008 by gottago]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Let see.
Other reports of people warned....

Jews Forwarned

Also wrong.
As snopes determined.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Brown's problem is he did not challenge it when the story first came out.

www.infowars.net...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Who really cares. We know criminal elements in the government and intelligence agencies from several foreign countries performed the operation.

They killed killed 3000+ people because false flags weren't widely know then and we were essentially even more retarded than we are now.

So ya pretty damn scary to handle the big picture that the powers that pledge to protect us, instead kill us, so lets just argue over a mayors warning its much easier.

I never even mention this "mayor warning" when giving the reasons it was an inside job because compared to building 7, drills, stand down, pnac, Operation Northwoods, John O'Neil

There is just too much evidence to even tackle the stuff that can't be 100% verified. I guess its fun to discuss though.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Testy today, Swampy. Nowhere did I say Condoleeeeezza called him either. Give it a rest for once.

Oh, so people in Israel are immune to 911 suspicion? ROFLMA. You confirm my post and drip scorn on it at the same time. A bit schizo, non?

[edit on 12-5-2008 by gottago]

Testy? not at all, was pointing out that it was claimed earlier in the post that Condi had called him. And as I recall, your post mentioned that people were warned not to come to work. So, completely in line for me to post that two workers receiving a text message in Israel, does not "confirm" your post that Israelis were called and told not to come to work.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

Because maybe public figures have more important things to do rather than discuss everything that internet/"alternative" media lunatics claim about them?

I mean hell, half of them wouldnt be able to do anything else IF they challenged everything.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

something going to happen? The 2 messages they received warned them of a terrorist attack on the WTC in NY on 9/11.. Odigo got the FBI involved to trace IP's etc and that's where the story ends...

or what about those israeli guys filming the whole event in NY and later confirming on israeli TV that they were documenting the whole thing.

All coincidence?

peace,
mr.Jones

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There was all kinds of wonderment at that time because of "Osama's"
attack warnings, if as conspiracy theory goes it was 'Osama' at
all planning what was to be 911.

Our befuddled government had no clue.

On a message board at the time some one asked what Osama
was up to and I said 'we probably know'.

Guess I was right and no one acted to deter 911.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister Jones

something going to happen? The 2 messages they received warned them of a terrorist attack on the WTC in NY on 9/11.. Odigo got the FBI involved to trace IP's etc and that's where the story ends...

or what about those israeli guys filming the whole event in NY and later confirming on israeli TV that they were documenting the whole thing.

All coincidence?

peace,
mr.Jones

Umm, no, the messages did not say the WTC was going to be attacked. The messages were not specific and only received added attention after the attacks.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister Jones

All coincidence?

peace,
mr.Jones

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by goose

Because maybe public figures have more important things to do rather than discuss everything that internet/"alternative" media lunatics claim about them?

I mean hell, half of them wouldnt be able to do anything else IF they challenged everything.

Apparently you are missing the point that Brown stated he was warned, no internet lunatic came up with that.

The fact that the Mayor was flying to New York on 9/11/01 and was warned to be careful by someone and no one is revealing who made that call is important, and it is not too much to expect some answers on who made that call considering what happened on that day.

Someone picked up a phone and made that call and warned the mayor to be careful on 9/11/01 when he was flying to New York, they apparently thought it was important enough to speak to his security people about it, risking being considered a threat themselves by even making the call, unless of course they had a name that would automatically eliminate them as a potential threat.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by goose]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose

reply to post by goose

Apparently you are missing the point that Brown stated he was warned, no internet lunatic came up with that.

The fact that the Mayor was flying to New York on 9/11/01 and was warned to be careful by someone and no one is revealing who made that call is important, and it is not too much to expect some answers on who made that call considering what happened on that day.

Someone picked up a phone and made that call and warned the mayor to be careful on 9/11/01 when he was flying to New York, they apparently thought it was important enough to speak to his security people about it, risking being considered a threat themselves by even making the call, unless of course they had a name that would automatically eliminate them as a potential threat.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by goose]

And you are assuming that you know the context of the phone call and that it refers specifically to the events of 9/11/01......without ANY evidence whatsoever.

For all you know, the security person was a female and she said, "Be careful and we will see you when you get back."

Then again, do you know how many travel advisories were in effect in September 2001? I am going to guess that you dont.

As typically done by "truthers" we are stringing a bunch of half-a**ed facts together to weave some sort of massive conspiracy.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join