It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chem-trail Plane Photographed on the ground?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

thats why im here.
just wait until the others read this rubbish

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Definitely a Royal Australian Air Force B707 refueller. Gotta love our CWD shorts! And yes, it is a refuel pod in the original post. Sucked enough gas from them to confirm things.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Probe and drogue

The simpler and cheaper probe-and-drogue system is used by many other military organizations including the US Navy and Marine Corps and many non-US forces and can be more easily fitted to existing tanker and receiver aircraft than the flying boom system. The lower flow rates (1,500-2,000lbs/min)[5]available from the lower pressure and limited diameter of the hose used in the probe-and-drogue system result in longer refueling times compared to the Flying Boom for larger aircraft. Though tankers equipped with multipoint hose-and-drogue refueling can refuel combat aircraft more effectively than boom equipped aircraft as two aircraft may refuel simultaneously from the same tanker, reducing time spent by as much as 75% for a four aircraft strike package [6].

The drogue (or para-drogue), sometimes called a basket, is a fitting resembling a plastic shuttlecock, attached, at its narrow end, with a valve, to a flexible hose, running from the hose drum unit (HDU) or boom to drogue adapter (BDA). The receiver has a probe, which is a rigid arm placed on the aircraft's nose or, in some aircraft, to the side of the nose. At the end of the probe is a valve that is closed until it mates with the drogue, after which it opens and allows fuel to pass from tanker to receiver. The valves in the probe and drogue that are most commonly used are to a NATO standard and were originally developed by the company Flight Refueling Limited. Drogue-equipped tanker aircraft from many nations can refuel probe-equipped aircraft from others. The NATO standard probe system incorporates shear rivets that attach the refueling valve to the end of the probe. This is so that, if a large side-load or up-and-down load develops while in contact with the drogue, the rivets shear and the fuel valve breaks off rather than the probe itself being structurally damaged. Since the probe has a strong structural attachment to the aircraft fuselage, this also prevents the possibility of damage to the fuselage of the receiver aircraft itself. A so-called "broken probe" (actually a broken fuel valve, as described above) may happen if poor flying technique is used by the receiver pilot, or in turbulence. Sometimes the valve is retained in the tanker drogue and prevents further refueling from that drogue until removed ready for the next sortie.

read this non believers
it has photos to for your assistance

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
check this page out that shows the history of this type of fuel boom:

www.ausairpower.net...

snoopyuk

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As a retired USAF Ammo troop, I decided to pass on some first hand experience with chaff. Firstly, they stopped using aluminum foil years ago. Chaff is short pieces of glass fiber coated with a fine aluminum powder. It's very light and can be carried by the wind thousands of feet higher than it was released at and hundreds of miles from it's release point. It disperses very quickly and is only effective for a few seconds after it's released. The individual glass fibers are inert, thinner than human hair and less than an inch long. They are gray in color.

Here's a more in depth technical description:

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Shouldn't the thread title be changed now that it's been conclusively shown that the pictures of an alleged chemtrail sprayer are a hoax?

As for chaff - yes, it can show up on rainfall radar. But has anyone actually observed any from the ground? And if it's being sprayed on a regular basis, why is it extremely rare for any to appear on said radar?

(which reminds me, I must try and look out for any anomalous radar returns caused by chaff next time I hear of a big exercise taking place
Never knowingly seen any as yet in the UK. But I guess you'd need quite a lot of aircraft deploying it for anything to show on radar)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The 3000 lb elephant in the living room. So many want to call it a mutant mouse. It would be amusing to me if it's nefarious purposes were not so unknown.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I agree.

But however much it looks like an elephant and acts like an elephant, and however many elephant experts claim it is an elephant, there will always be those who insist it's a giant mouse and "can you prove it isn't?"

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
LOL-this is just an "ordinary" KC-135 air tanker. There's a tailboom, which is not shown on the photo, and two additional, extendable ports under the wing tips to refuel other aircraft. The small propeller is used to power the winch inside the pod to retract the fuel hose. Sorry guys, but i really hate this stupid chemtrail hoax-it's nonsense and disinformation.

www.air-attack.com...
Flying filling station in action-no chemtrails included.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by qwertz]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
hahhahahahaha All I can say is thank you Zaph and others for dealing out the correct information so I don't have to waste time at work doing it. You all right on the money. Good work Aviation Nutters

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Radar Chaff

The wiki on radar chaff has his image of a modern Chaff dispenser.
I have never seen or found any chaff anywhere. I always thought in terms of strips of aluminum foil cut to a size of the wavelength of the radar being jammed or a fraction of the size thereof/

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

The elephant is indeed still in the room. I truely have appreciated the crash course I got here on military planes and airforce operations, but like you I have been around for a while and my educated eyes tell me the skies are not as they should be.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Well after seeing some of the pics of skies filled with contrails of intersecting planes I would have to say some air traffic controlers should be out of work.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Well after seeing some of the pics of skies filled with contrails of intersecting planes I would have to say some air traffic controlers should be out of work

What, because the flight paths cross? That's not really a problem unless they come within a few miles of each other, which is unlikely considering it's a big sky and they would have a vertical gap anyway. And they now also have TCAS so a collision is highly unlikely. In fact colliding with the ground is far more likely than with another plane...

[edit on 12-5-2008 by apex]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
As I see it one thing can be slightly modified to do other things. The day will come when the ones that deny ignorance will be the ones with there tails between there legs.
grandma my bad

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
As I see it one thing can be slightly modified to do other things.

Precisely...just as the Internet, a communications medium, is used to disperse bad information.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

This entire thread is hilarious....aside from the educational facts supplied by those who truly know what they are talking about...thank you.

Mod Edit:Discussion Etiquette. Please Review This Link

[edit on 12-5-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rsmiff

Welcome to ATS. You will find your stay here more pleasant if you keep the personal attacks to yourself. I am amused that those who do not live under the same skies as I do have the ability to tell me what it is or is not that I am seeing. Amazing!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just in case anyone was formulating a theory on why the USAF/USN, French and Australian KC-135's all seem to carrying the same design pod. They are, it is designed and built by Flight Refuelling Ltd in the UK, who invented it, and is also fitted to British VC-10 and Tristar tankers as well as several other models around the world.

manufacturers website

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well, it seems to me that with the lack of scientific or irrefutable evidence/proof the pro-chemtrails camp has provided on this issue, this just seems to be another desperate attempt for their "proof". Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone but posts like this just make their case even weaker.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join