It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan: U.S. Urges Islamabad To Fight Terrorists As Fragile Peace Collapses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Pakistan: U.S. Urges Islamabad To Fight Terrorists As Fragile Peace Collapses

www.eurasianet.org

"We also expect Pakistan’s civilian and military leadership to be strong partners against violent extremists in Pakistan’s frontier areas," Negroponte said. "Pakistan’s government recognizes that bringing those areas under control is an urgent priority for Pakistan’s own sake. But let me be clear: We will not be satisfied until all the violent extremism emanating from the Federally Administered Tribal Areas is brought under control."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Most of the Pakistani or 80% of them denounce these extremists in this FATA area (lawless territory) as much as anybody else. We want to uproot terrorism and extremism and Pakistan has shown serious interest in doing so that's why Pakistan is front-line partner of United States in War on Terror, having said that, US wants us to 'do more' while most of us here believe that how can we achieve such goals without substantial 'Military Support' even US and NATO most technological armed forces find it hard to coup with Millitants in Afghanistan. So We need technology money can't do everything, when it comes providing us with F-16 Jets the whole US congress is divided... We are declared Nuclear power i don't know why do they hesitate such military cooperation with us.. on the other hand if we have money we can buy it cheap from China also. So there is no point hold back the Military Aid to Pakistan in my opinion.

www.eurasianet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-5-2008 by LOYAL]

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Only spread of words/education can defeat terrorists, NOT VIOLENCE!

I like this music video by Pakistani musicians.

"This is not us" - "Yeh Hum Naheen"
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Unfortunately, and it pains me to say this, the U.S. hardly ever delivers on promises made during "war-time", or really any other time. If Pakistan starts pressuring the U.S. for military support, and the U.S. says "no", then Pakistan will have to find another place to buy from. China, as you stated, is the most open country for the purchase of military equipment. Problem is, if Pakistan's government buys weapons and technology from China, then later down the road Pakistan will become not only a proxy war battle ground with China, but a "terrorist haven" that will legitimize(I use that word loosely) a U.S. invasion of Pakistan. Just to install their own government, and take whatever oil and other resources Pakistan might have.

Every dictator that the US has ever fought was a friend prior to the start of war-talk.

Hitler, Stalin, Pinoche, Batista, Noriega, The Saudi Royal Family, Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, and many, many others going back to the beginning of the 20th century. This tells me that it doesn't pay to be a puppet to the U.S.

Until we change our attitude and our way of thinking. Until we realize that we have a rightful place in the world, and that we are NOT the world, then expect nothing good to come from a friendship with the U.S.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Very well said buddy!!!

And this is the way we Pakistani think of US Policies, we want to be on good terms and do every possible effort to cope with terrorism however one should realized that we are not one of the richest nation nor we have the technology .. so we need them to support, I feel like that Pakistan is just escape goat for every US failure if you can't figure what went wrong they chalk it up to Pakistan... it is really unfair.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Off topic: I go to a Lahore resturant here, it has great food!
I heard Lahore is a beautiful place?

[edit on 9-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Salam buddy!!! Thanks for sharing

i am posting it here so our cousins in America could see who exactly we are.. we are not the ones they think of -- also it would amaze them we have got so many talented pop singers

Here you can watch the video with English Sub

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL

Salam buddy!!! Thanks for sharing

i am posting it here so our cousins in America could see who exactly we are.. we are not the ones they think of -- also it would amaze them we have got so many talented pop singers

Here you can watch the video with English Sub

Haha yeah some people don't know much about different countries music and cultures.

Myself, I know many music, arabic music, some pakistani, bollywood etc

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I hear you.
like...really...where is the LOVE ???

really.
I`m not kiddin

are there like mad demons running amuck or what?
war
WAR
and more WAR

top topics

join