It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 309
<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What happened?! I missed it.

If someone wants to u2u me the details that would be cool.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I would suggest canceling chat,

Because this is ALWAYS, going to be happening..

No such thing as chat Utopia, on the internet..

The equation for failure is to high, and it will also, lessin the dramatic nonsense associated with it..

what happened to chat? Dun dun dun dunnnnnnn

Yet personally I don't care, I hardly frequent chat anymore anyhow, or participate in it at least..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For the many who abide by the rules, I find it unfair that everyone who visits chat should be punished. We usually have mods who are there to keep things running smoothly. It should be easy enough to ban the individuals who are causing trouble from using chat. I'm sorry, but I don;t understand this either.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
SO sir chat is a relevent and and somewhat inane format by definition sir . A free flow of ideas that should never be overlooked . It is important to the free flow of ideas me thinks . Ya~all take it to seriously . T an C should be enforced yes but for personal attacks and such . I was banned for tex speech in chat . get a grip ats.

edit on 11-10-2010 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

And yet I knew this day would come....where I could stand up, clear my throat, look at my old friends with tears in my eyes and proclaim

"this never happened in mutter"
Mutter was more public, less chance of shennanigans

There I said it.
eeeeeee

runs and hides

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

What did you guys do this time? I'm tired of not being able to use chat because of one or two people breaking the T&C.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i have only been using chat for 3 weeks at most but its now a big part of the time i spend on ATS,as others have said is a shame you closed the whole thing down rather than just ban the guilty party.

Regards to all

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

The equation for failure is to high, and it will also, lessin the dramatic nonsense associated with it..

what happened to chat? Dun dun dun dunnnnnnn

Yet personally I don't care, I hardly frequent chat anymore anyhow, or participate in it at least..

Cancelling chat for everyone because of a few? The chat room has been a wonderful place for members to come together and get to know one another better. Often we hear of people who disagree and don't seem to get along on threads and they meet in chat and it's a different story and they genuinely enjoy each each others company.

Life is difficult enough without having to lose small pleasures that mean so much to many of us.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Much as I hate to I almost agree at this point, it seems like its a never ending battle between staff and those who cause everyone else to lose a privilege. I've smacked around all kinds of ideas that at first glance could have been worthy of submitting to the suggestion/complaint form to aid in keeping chat online and the nonsense to a minimum but none of them seem to measure up to a serious analysis. At this point its almost preferable to lose chat completely than to see it degrade to nothingness because of the restrictions and controls that staff have to put in place because a handful of people can't get it through their skulls that its not their personal playground to act like raging fools and disregard every system put in place to keep things decent in there.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
My opinion on the matter is that some people go out of their way to push the limits of the T&C in chat. Of course, I also think some parts of the T&C are subjective in nature and what could be deemed as offensive to one person could be viewed as a valid conversation by another. Something that could "slip under the banhammer" on the boards would be grounds for a ban in chat. It's obvious to me that the increased mod presence isn't discouraging certain individuals from pushing the boundaries every time they enter chat. Those of us that use chat regularly are normally very adult about it, use it properly and have fun with it. It is the infrequent users of chat that seem to be the ones that don't know how to handle themselves. I'm not going to point fingers or name names, as that isn't my place, but I don't think that as an adult participant in chat that I should be subjected to punishment because of a few screw-ups that show up. My thoughts? Ban IP addresses of offenders that constantly push the limits of T&C in chat. I don't know how hard that would be for just chat, but to treat the entirety of the chat users (most of whom are respectful of T&C) as "Boy Scouts in camp," to me, is not the right thing to do.

My $.02.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Great. Chat closed again... (sigh)

Alright, here is my point of view. ATS chat is great and well behaved for the most part. When I go in there, people are all chill and yeah. But every once in a while, someone comes in with a bad attitude or whatever and screws it up for all of us...

But why must the well behaved users of chat be punished? It's really saddening to me. ATS chat is a crucial part of the ATS experience in my opinion. Damn, I can't believe the "be civilized" motto for chat didn't work out. It's a really fancy motto and I really like it!

I hope chat can be reopened at some point.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

we were trying to get them to stop. people don't listen, its themselves over everyone else. Its a shame chat is down, but yes, until there is a more effective way to deal with these problems, then there is no use continuing chat.
edit on 10/11/2010 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have another question...

What happened to my avatar???

It looks like it got sliced in half???

Were the abdominal muscles depicted on it against the T&C for being too sexy?

Am I going to have to make a new avatar or what?

edit on 11-10-2010 by SolarE-Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
First, you mess with my ATS to the point where I hardly ever feel like posting anymore because of the 'revival".

The, you do something good, by providing us with Chat(a good one), so members have a feature that they actually like.

THEN, you take down chat because a few members get out of line, yet you cant just punish them, you punish the whole community. This isnt BOOT CAMP, we arent supposed to be doing Push-ups because of a couple peoples shinanigans, its borderline retarded.

Turn the Chat back on. Its the only good thing left on this site besides the members(and a few mods).

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

didint u get the notice like a week ago?

the dimensions for avatars automatically changed from 280 PX long to 240 PX long.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

"But why must the well behaved users of chat be punished?"

That's just it Solar, the well behaved users shouldn't be punished because of a few. Just like in the forums, if rules are not followed, you get a warning or banned. It shouldn't be any different in chat. Having chat is a big part of my experience here as well. I think it is worth fighting for.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

"But why must the well behaved users of chat be punished?"

That's just it Solar, the well behaved users shouldn't be punished because of a few. Just like in the forums, if rules are not followed, you get a warning or banned. It shouldn't be any different in chat. Having chat is a big part of my experience here as well. I think it is worth fighting for.

Amen to that Night Star.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

the last time chat was taken away, upon it's return, it was explained that there would be zero tolerance for the childish antics that take place. It was explained that the onus was on the membership to keep it under control, or chat would be removed. Again.

The logs revealed more of the same. If you folks can't keep each other in line, for the sake of something you enjoy, how do you expect us to do it?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'd go a step further, and suggest banning the member's account and IP address from the entire website if they can't follow basic chatroom manners. Who needs that kind of member?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Not for long we are all banned now

Any way every time I got on chat all we talked about was food
I must be missing happy hour
edit on 11-10-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join