It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I cant see anonymous posts...i can see them in old posts usually...but if i see an anonymous person has replied to an active thread...i click...and its not there? using firefox and vista btw....strange...i thinka f ew people are having this problem...all my temp files cookies etc etc get cleaned every week so its not that...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Anonymous posts need authorising by staff/ moderators to appear, if they don't meet the criteria or the moderators understanding of the criteria of a thread then the post will likely be deleted and either never shown or deleted and left as a empty post. Your question as been repeatedly brought up by quite a few people, seems like there is a new thread or post on the this well covered issue several times a week.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
On the "My ATS" page, what previous appeared as three columns, now appears as two. Recent posts from each forum in one column on the left (it used to be two columns), and subscribed threads on the right. There's a big gap between the two columns.

This used to happen whenever someone with a really long user name replied to a thread; now its happening all the time, for the last week or two.

This may be a minor issue, but maybe other people are experiencing it, too? Or is it just my browser?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What's going on when another member's posts have vanished? The member isn't listed as banned.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Never mind I figured it out.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
ok imma bit lost here im trying to post my opening statement for my round one debate and it wont post... am i supposed to post it in the thread i was sent by MOD memoryshock? please assist i need to post it asap

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by constantwonder

Working on it...!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
oh thank goodness shock lol i thought i was going to miss my deadline because i was to dense to figure out how to put up my opening post

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Reply to post by constantwonder

Tonight or tomorrow...i am on phone so my influence is limited...but soon...keep checking...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
alright imma be on for maybe 2 more hours if not by then ill check in the morning my OP is ready its typeds and saved so it wont be any problem once im able

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

You have fighter status now...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Edit: HellMutt got you sorted

Have fun in the debates

[edit on 8/21/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

That has happened before and is usually the result of a member with an unusually long member name that has posted and shown up in your "My ATS".

If their name is really long, it tends to "break" the formatting and cause the normal three columns to get shuffled into two.

Semper

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Is anyone else getting an error with the Reply to function? What I am talking about is that for some reason it's not working as it should. Instead of directing you to the post that the member is replying to it directs you to the first page of the thread.

Is this an issue on my end, or are yall getting this too?

reply to post by alien

Edit: random reply to for reference.

[edit on 8/22/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Check your url. If there's an apostrophe at the end of the url, buttons like "this post" and "reply to", etc. won't work properly. If you accessed the page via MyATS, there might be an apostrophe at the end of the url. Hope that made sense.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

it does, but what I am referring to is like in your reply to me, click on the "post by whatukno" in blue and see what happens.

I get the first page of the thread and not the post that is being replied to.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I see. The links says "pg" instead of "pg28". Then it takes you to the first page instead. Looks like a bug.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Doin a little test to see if you add the page number if it works properly...

Yep, it's a bug. if you add the appropreate page number in front of the pg before the # sign the link works correctly.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by Ian McLean

That has happened before and is usually the result of a member with an unusually long member name that has posted and shown up in your "My ATS".

If their name is really long, it tends to "break" the formatting and cause the normal three columns to get shuffled into two.

Two weeks and counting... the longest name currently on my "My ATS" list is 'illusionsaregrander' (nothing personal). Is that length of user-name causing anyone else's page to be incorrectly formatted, or just mine?

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join