It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Endorser Pastor Hagee: God Curses and Dooms America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

McCain Endorser Pastor Hagee: God Curses and Dooms America

www.talk2action.org

"As a nation, America is under the curse of God, even now." That ominous slam at America came from Pastor John Hagee, whose endorsement Republican presidential candidate John McCain sought, secured, and recently affirmed to ABC News that he is "glad to have." Hagee claims God's "curse" and "doom" is upon America because of two key issues: reproductive freedom and broad support for the teaching of the theory of evolution.

Although Senator McCain recently told George Stephanopoulos in an interview that his seeking of Hagee's endorsement was "probably" a mistake, he then doubled back to affirm his approval of Hagee's endorsement, stating, "I'm glad to have it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Late update: Kantor denies the story, saying that he actually said "How would you like to be in the White House right now?" You be the judge.

People like them are like curses. I doubt they have a relationship with anyone, beside Nazis/Zionists & globalist bankers, who pay FEMA, TV evangelists, and other shills for the New World Order to influence the public to lay down and let the fiat-government "take care of you", until you're no longer fun to torture & brainwash, anymore.

McCain EMBRACES wacko NEOCON PASTOR Hagee

John Hagee, Religious Right McCain supporter, at AIPAC
www.youtube.com...

drew20211 posts Hagee is a nut job. Hagee predicts Russian and Arab armies will invade Israel and be destroyed by God. Israel will then be the site of a battle between China and the West, which will be led by the anti-Christ in his role as head of the EU. Jesus Christ will return to Earth in the final battle, he writes.

McCain Can't Quit John Hagee

www.talk2action.org...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Personally, I don't really care either way.

I don't understand why McCain can accept endorsement from someone this crazy while Obama still catches heat after denouncing his pastor's comments.

But it doesn't really matter anyway.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
All three choices are from the bottom of the barrel, so I'm just going to write in Ron Paul myself.

These people hide behind religion like a mask. It helps them gain your trust, just so they can ultimately mislead and betray you.

Good find Chad.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

You beat me to it.

The hypocracy here is staggering. Wright has pretty much been plastered all over every MSM outlet, sealing Obama's fate with the ever-complicit corpomedia shill's help.

Yet this extremist nut Hagee, every bit as looney, hasn't recieved nary a whisper.

Agenda's, anyone?

Another S & F for you Chad

[edit on 2-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The media was trying so hard to show that they don't have a liberal bias by overplaying the comments of Rev. Wright and blaming Obama for them. This is why we didn't hear much of Hagee's comments. This apocalyptic preacher is the head of the Cornerstone Church here in San Antonio. Nobody can stand the guy outside of his church. He is a horrible person that is full of hate. Hopefully McCain will soon begin to take some heat for accepting his endorsement.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
And where are the Obama bashers now? In my opinion, this will not gain any traction because this is a white Christian. Not a black Christian that they can try to accuse of being a covert Muslim.

The hypocrisy of this campaign is staggering. Like many have said, all 3 candidates are turds, but it is just insane to watch the people get so worked up over non issues like this crap. This will be dismissed, just like it should be. Obama should be given the same treatment.

For the love of god....... CAN WE PLEASE JUST FOCUS ON ISSUES THAT WILL DIRECTLY AFFECT THE COUNTRY??!!?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Has God cursed America? I say yeah because it's been taken over by snakes.

Has God cursed Joe American citizen? I say yeah because we don't use the brain God gave us.

**This has been a public service announcement from the Church of Dr. Love**

Peace

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Snakes?

I hate snakes.

You just ruined my day, Dr. Love!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
McCain and Hagee??

ok now I know for sure that McCain is a N.W.O scumbag.

Hagee is totally insane.

this Christian bs is and always has been the ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

no...its not money....thats a close second.

I get so mad when I see good people sucked into this religious crap.
or when my dad says things like "wow cnn or fox says that the terrorists
bla bla bla."

we may be the meek.
but the meek is about to turn a new corner.
and we may not be so meek after all.
just push us a little bit more and see what happens.

Vote:
RON PAUL .. the Champion of the constitution... for freedom..democracy.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Maya432]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
All I want to state is there is a huge difference between being endorsed by someone and having a 20 year personal relationship with someone.

Think about it. Not the same in any way no matter how you spin it.

Just my $0.02, from an independant.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There are a couple of differences between the Obama Reverend and the McCain Reverend.

1. McCain has never to my knowledge been a member of Hagee's church.

2. McCain has never claimed that Hagee was his mentor in any way.

3. I've only heard Hagee preach a few times, but I feel safe in saying that Hagee has never used profanity in the pulpit.

4. While Hagee does preach the vengeance of God, he does not preach a message of hate that I'm aware of. He preaches a message of redemption.

Now, I'm not defending Hagee in any way, but I grew up in a fundamentalist Christian environment and I'm pretty well versed in the rhetoric and I can tell you that Hagee and Wright are not even in the same ballpark.

Let me also say that the issue with Obama and Wright is not the endorsement, but rather Obama's affiliation of over 20 years and Obama's initial claims that he was unaware of what Wright stood for. This raised questions about Obama's judgement and his honesty.

Well, if there ever was a doubt in Obama's mind about Wright's message, now that Wright has demonstrated that message for all to see in several venues, Obama has seen the light and rightfully so. Wright did all he could to derail Obama's campaign. That wasn't a very nice thing to do.

In the case of McCain, there simply is no affiliation to avow or disavow.

Wright has a right to endorse Obama and Hagee has a right to endorse McCain and to that extent there simply is nothing to criticize as far as that goes.

It's the nature of the relationships that makes all the difference here and they are in no way similar.

[edit on 2008/5/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Hagee definitely preaches hate. I don't know about profanity, but definitely hate.

There is affiliation in the fact that McCain embraced his endorsement.

Again, you're right though. It's not a big deal, and it shouldn't be talked about. It's just a way for people to compare Obama's situation to McCain, and avoid talking real politics.

Something not many in the news or on this board seem to want to do.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Thanks for sharing the truth.

reply to post by LLoyd45

I know what you mean. I appreciate your support, and the true stories & important information you share, on a daily basis. Thanks for your great work.

reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I know what you mean. I appreciate your honesty & kindness. You share so much important information, everyday. Thanks for your work.

reply to post by InterestedObserver

I see what you mean. I agree with you. We can't trust those wicked bastards.

reply to post by Karlhungis

I understand you. There are more important things, for which to work & discuss. These TV Evangelists are worthless, in many ways. They don't help Americans. They don't share the truth to the masses.

reply to post by Dr Love

I know what you mean. They are like snakes, and they seem to want to destroy our minds & bodies. I appreciate your help & support.

reply to post by Maya432

I understand what you mean too. John Hagee, John McCain, and the other warmongers, who are promoted by the Bauer-Rothschild family are just shills for the New World Order.

reply to post by eyes2open

Thanks for telling the truth.

reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, thanks for teaching me & others.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Obama's predicament is that he has been affiliated with a black separatist church for twenty-some years. Black separatism has its roots in American history and is fine as far as I'm concerned (I'm an academic and surrounded by extremists of all stripes), but it's not fine if you want to be president of the United States. The president needs to be the leader of all the people, not just African Americans or other smaller groups, and I believe Obama has chosen this path, albeit somewhat late for some people.

Pastor Hagee, while I don't agree with most of what he says, is not asking McCain to represent only about 13% of the population.

new topics

top topics

join