It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this grey alien picture real or not???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've seen this on Google Image Search before, and I posted it on 4chan's /x/ board once. I don't think this thing is real at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

You know I was kidding around with you a little, but that's -exactly- what I was saying about this kind of thing.

It makes perfect sense.

For one thing, it keeps them from having to worry about disease transmission either way (to us, to them). It also keeps them safe from harm, but due to advanced hologrammatic capabilities, they can still 'manipulate' objects.

It also explains why they never leave trace evidence.

Now, I'm not saying I believe in non-human non-terrestrial entities visiting Earth but IF they were they'd do it 'remotely' or 'virtually', not as a physical presence.

It would be quite easy to use 'fields' to allow them to grab something, so they wouldn't be 'ephemeral', but because of these fields if -we- tried to grab them, our hands and bodies could pass right through them.

One thing that makes me disbelieve they are 'real' in a sense, is that they look too much like humans. I truly believe that 'real' aliens would look completely different.

Of course it makes sense to have certain structural similarities, like having sense organs and locating them all in one place, and having bilateral symmetry, so you can uh, scratch your back and walk around.

And it might be that when life evolves that certain types are common no matter where you are, like 'snakes' and 'fish' and stuff.

You might even say that life on Earth in filling niches has evolved all the common structures you'd find in a carbon-based life forms.

At the same time, if you look at some of the extremely weird creatures that exist right here on Earth, then hypothesize about 'aliens', which by definition are going to be, well, 'alien', then I'd be -very- surprised that the 'Grey' config would be what we'd see.

But you could go either way. I mean they are an example of the simplest bi-pedal form, and are almost built like robots.

So, good point.

I also agree that real 'ebe' would look a lot uh, grittier and scarier than your classic greys.

(Again, ymmv, but I personally do not believe they are a real phenomenon for a variety of reasons, so I don't want to scare anyone.)

2 cents

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Good reply, thank you.

A point to bring up though, what if us humans and the Greys have a common ancestor, like in Star Trek? There's a site that says the Greys were once more like us but lived underground because they destroyed their environment so they adapted into the insect-like creatures they are now, partly through genetically modifying themselves.

We're all supposed to originate from a humanoid race called the Lyrans, with us being a product of the Sirians messing around with apes.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I honestly don't believe any ufo or alien photographs nor videos. They can easily be faked with the right equipment. The only visual display of the paranormal I will believe is by means of my own eyes.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
UFOs can be easily faked, yes, but does that mean they're not real? I can easily fake a picture of me with the president, but that doesn't mean people haven't met the president.

That's the problem with so-called debunkers, they show HOW UFOs can be faked, but nothing to show they are faked.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
UFOs can be easily faked, yes, but does that mean they're not real?

At no point did I say UFO's aren't real. I am a strong believer in most of the paranormal; I'm just not a believer in all of these videos and photographs of alleged paranormal activity. There's believers and decievers, y'know.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Well, any 'theory' you might read is going to have been created by someone who wants to pretend they know more than you or I, and is likely to be totally wrong. They take bits of mythology and legend and maybe a bit of Sumer and other ancient cultures and construct a new myth. Why do they do this? They are trying to sell books or get you to their website.

Take the 'Aviary' that was so highly touted in the 90s. Total bunk, but compelling at the time.

These theories all have self-serving motives and are 'human-based' tales. Any alien-based tale would have different origins and legends and thus would not 'ring true' to Earthlings. It has to have a bit of 'human centric' stuff in it causing us to buy into the theory, and the motive for it is to sell books or to look like you know something.

So anything with a bit of Norse gods, or Sumerian gods, or Egyptian gods, or even Mayan or Toltec deities in it and we slurp it right up and fail to realize that real alien manipulation would have 'their' myths and being non-human, would not be compelling to us. Make sense?

Now people will say 'well we shared common deity names and star gods and stuff', but it's still the same thing.

Aliens are likely to be so alien that we can't understand their motives, can't communicate with them and they see us as 'food', not Space Brothers. They might even want to befriend us, then lay eggs (yuck).

We don't know the meaning of the word 'Xenophobia', because we only know aliens based on insects or reptiles or snakes.

Anyway don't mean to go on and on, sure is it possible that we share a common ancestor? I guess, but beware of the trap I mention above.

The closest thing to really 'alien' were the bugs in Starship Troopers. Can you see a Brain bug wanting to come here and abduct us and show us Star maps? LOL. No, of course not. So any story with human-based motifs and themes is probably just that a story. Your brain is chemically based, so all it takes is some hormone (like '___') and you could experience something like complete reality and it might not be so. A totally internal and subjective experience which seems to the person to be totally external and objective due to the way the brain perceives.

Hope this helps. YMMV, because I'm also conjecturing here.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

thanks i said the same thing , someone came in with their investigative skills in photography(LOL) to say its real and all i could think was wow, I give up..

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
no i think it is a fake because it looks like a person in a mask

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
yea I think its 1000% real what about you?!?!?!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

it is just one of those fonny picture that people put on them and act like they a alien

[edit on 3-3-2009 by red122109]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Please read the entire thread.
This image has been debunked right here on page 2:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Internos solved it first, to give credit where due.

-WFA

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That picture is very close, though I can't speak for the actual photo. When my 17 year old son saw a grey after 2 dreams aboard a craft, and then 2 hours of missing time, just prior to sleep, he picked that picture out online and said it looked like this. It scolded him gently for being awake in his mind, and a second after feeling scared, he calmed down and willingly went to sleep.

So, it appears that this photo best resembles a true depiction of non-renegade, positive greys.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I've seen this photo many many times, and it never even crossed my mind to think it's real. I've always considered it a fake. Not even a hoax, or trying to pass as "real", just a realistic illustration of what a grey MIGHT look like.

It doesn't look creepy to my at all, it looks cute and playful, and childlike...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I do know, and have always known, that the photo was faked.

Regardless, it has always been one of my favorite alien photos.
I think it has been around for years just because it is one good piece of art.

Helps to very easily bring an alien image to mind.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

If nobody noticed I will throw it out there.

This is a screenshot from the Belgium alien interrogation video.. Video seems real to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The diffreence between them are slanted eyes and oval eyes,that there is a triangle alien.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join