It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO crash in Bolivia, outstanding case

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
First I`d like to thank Internos and angelc01 who brought this case to my attention.

Thanks my friends!!!

Crash of an object described as a cylinder with a tail in flames, described as a big "smoky wine bottle". The crash causes supersonic bang that was heard up to 150 miles away and that cracked windowpanes as far away as 30 miles in every direction

www.ufoevidence.org...

Synopsis:

"In afternoon of the 6 of May of 1978, a cylindrical object with a flaming tail crashed in a mountainous region of Bolivia, near the Argentine border. The fall was accompanied by a roar and a tremor similar to the one caused by an earthquake. The Bolivian Air Force discovered the tracks of the impact in the south slope of El Zaire Mountain. The object had produced a trail of about 300 meters of depth by 500 of wide and 1.5 kilometers in length. The rocks nearby the crash site were melted. The place was declared military zone, prohibiting the access to the Argentine gendarmerie and all the press.

A commission, directed by two officials of the U.S. Air Force, Colonel Robert Simmons and Major John Heise, appeared in the scene. They gathered several boxes from the remains of the crash and an enormous and heavy bulk, carefully wrapped. The load was transferred to the cargo compartment of an American airplane, which took off immediately."

• Date: May 6 of 1978

• Hour: 4:15

• Place: Taire or Zaire hill 4000 meters above sea level in the Bolivia-Argentina border, it fell near small village called Mámora in Bolivia that is 1315 meters of altitude above sea level, and 110 kilometers away from Aguas Blancas, Argentina

• Witnesses: Thousands of people

• Argentine authorities send the 20th unit of the border patrol to the area, apparently they do not find anything.

• There is a concentration of reporters in Aguas Blancas, witnesses are interviewed.

• Two policemen give testimony; the impact threw one of them to the ground.

• The Bolivian Air Force sends three AT6 and in fly over they locate the site

• 8 days later (May 14th ) “El Clarin” a newspaper from Buenos Aires announces that the object had been found,. the Commander of Police of Tarija, was interviewed: "our men have discovered the object and they have inspected it, we do not have instructions, is a metallic cylinder 12 feet long with some dents, nobody knows what is inside, we expect several technical commissions, an expert of the NASA arrives tomorrow (May 17th.).

• Nobody from NASA arrives, two U.S. military officers arrive; Colonel Robert Simmons and Major John Heise who supposedly were on leave, get to site with instructions to take the object to a C-130 Hercules, that awaits in La Paz. The American Embassy in La Paz denies knowledge of the subject.

• Simmons and Heise return from the site with several boxes and an enormous and heavy bulk, carefully wrapped. The load was transferred to the cargo compartment of the Hercules, which took off immediately

• Five years later, 5 documents are declassified by the Department of State, they reveal that both officers were military attaches of the American Embassy in La Paz and traveled with a Bolivian aerial official in connection with Project Moon Dust.

• These documents basically do not say anything about the case, but they back the U.S. officers` visit.

- “The Air Force documents reveal that the 1127th field activities group, which coordinated Project Moon Dust, was interested in another task besides the recovery of UFO wrecks and other space objects, represented by the code name HUMINT. This code name, short for Human Intelligence, means the collection of information from human sources through clandestine undercover methods—in contrast to interrogations, reading through files and correspondence”

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
ar.geocities.com...

According to the Ufologist that wrote this mail (Virgilio Sánchez Ocejo), an investigator called Juan Manuel Quiros tried to get to the crash site, but unfortunately was detained by the Bolivian authorities who where on site, and threatened him to lock him up for good.
But he was persistent; somehow he managed to eavesdrop to shortwave communications that were used at the time for communications between the villages.
These are the highlights according to Ocejo:
- Access to the site was very difficult (for those of you who know the Andes, you know what he means), seven hours horseback.
- Children from a nearby school saw the object; it was described as a cylinder flying low on a straight line and followed by smoke. Two explosions were heard
- Authorities closed the area and would not give any information.
- A delegation of scientists from the University of Tarija) arrived to the area and would not say anything to press.
- A delegation from NASA arrived to Tarija and brought with them a helicopter carried in a Hercules.
- In 1985 Quiros returned to the area, no results.

Further reading in Spanish:

santavictoriaoeste.blogspot.com...

Further reading on MoonDust: (the original MIB?)
- Heise and Simmons apparently are dead.

www.skepticfiles.org...

freedomofinfo.org...

Similar case in 1914 Chanco - Chile :

www.youtube.com...

Please watch from 4:12, I imagine this is what the object in Bolivia might have looked like.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why the hell is our government over there?? This must be our craft then. So they went there to take our top secret craft back to the States. Why havent people taken pictures of this??

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

This is an outstanding case, that always amazed me:
it's great that now we have also available in english data that wasn't available before, thanks to Camilo's hard work.
I humbly suggest to read the whole story before dismissing it as a plane or swamp gas or something like that:

its shape was the one of a BOTTLE, and it crashed in a mountainous region of Bolivia on 1978 so the fact that no one took a photo is quite normal. Not to mention the events that occurred after the crash. This is a mystery. We'd need more cases like this one and less crappy-lossy-copressed videos whatsoever from YouTube
Star and flag from me, Camilo1, iv'e also submitted it to digg

[edit on 28/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wow...an awesome thread Camilo1! Starred and flagged, great research!

Is there anyway the folks here in the U.S. who only speak one language can get a translation of the video, where you tell us to watch from 4:12 in?

I would very much love to hear what the witnesses are saying! Thanks in advance to any ATS member who speaks Spanish who'd be willing to do that

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Very nice Camilo, right away it had me think back to this photo I just saw recently....

This cylindrical-appearing UFO was photographed over New York City on March 20, 1950. The photographer's name was deleted from Project Blue Book's files -- as were most names when the material was finally declassified and released. Upon investigating the report, Project Grudge officially labeled it: "the moon"! Some ufologists have speculated that tubular objects of this sort may be "mother ships," purportedly capable of taking on and discharging smaller "craft" in stacks, poker-chip fashion.

www.ufoevidence.org...

.......otherwise star and flag and a job well done

spikeD.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

Not really, the US Govt is a bully state. If a UFO crashes anywhere, they will just come & take it & tell the local Govt to try stop em..lol

Only time they don't butt in is when something crashes in or near a country that could bite back, if they did try to be bullies.

But we can't have UFO tech gettin in the hands of smaller countries now can we..hehehe

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by Camilo1

This is an outstanding case, that always amazed me:
it's great that now we have also available in english data that wasn't available before, thanks to Camilo's hard work.
I humbly suggest to read the whole story before dismissing it as a plane or swamp gas or something like that:

its shape was the one of a BOTTLE, and it crashed in a mountainous region of Bolivia on 1978 so the fact that no one took a photo is quite normal. Not to mention the events that occurred after the crash. This is a mystery. We'd need more cases like this one and less crappy-lossy-copressed videos whatsoever from YouTube
Star and flag from me, Camilo1, iv'e also submitted it to digg

[edit on 28/4/2008 by internos]

a bottle? Possibly like this one,maybe?

taken by an isreali soldier. Seen by other soldiers.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I remember that pic: thanks for posting it here

Israeli Soldier Snaps Photo of UFO in Southern Lebanon During Thunderstorm

Date of Sighting: Unknown
Time of Sighting: Night (Exact Time Unknown)
Duration of Sighting: Unknown
Date Reported: December 27, 2005
Location of Sighting: Southern Lebanon
Latitude: Unknown
Longitude: Unknown
Number of Witnesses: Several (Exact Number Unknown)
Number Witnesses Interviewed: (Secondary Contact Has Provided Information)
Weather: Thunderstorms

Description (As Related by Another Person Who Knows Cameraman):
Note: Name of cameraman is disguised as LL in the report below.

Hello,

Regarding-

www.ufosnw.com...

Look at this - (Thanks, and take care):

Aerosphere reader LL, a former soldier in the Israeli Defense Force, or IDF, sent us
this intriguing picture of what he claims is a UFO.

The picture, according to LL, was snapped during an electrical storm while
he was on duty in southern Lebanon. The picture was taken at night, from the
ground, and LL says many others saw what appears to be lightning striking
an ellipse-shaped object hovering overhead. "The strange thing was that your eyes
weren't able to see for a few seconds and your radio didn't work for 15 minutes.
Other electrical stuff experienced trouble as well," LL told us in an email.
But he admits he doesn't have a clue as to what it was.

www.ufosnw.com...

I wonder if the thunderstorm has something to do with it.

About this case, i'm looking for other drawings based on the witnesses' descriptions:
it has been described as a bottle, but i don't know if its bottom was flat or rounded:
the one in the pic that you have posted looks like a Bowling pin to me

[edit on 29/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I presumed that pic had been on here before. It's interesting though,I could happily theorise that it's a forcefield around a bottle shaped craft (a forcefield wouldn't need to be the exact same shape as the craft)

It could easily be something natural,yet rare. A pocket of ionised air or something funky. I dunno,I'm just a dreamer

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Absolutely fantastic thread. What an intriguing and fascinating event. I've never been to exposed to it until now but I look forward to learning even more about it.

I agree with an earlier poster in the fact that this in *indeed* the type of story that is needed more around here. A true mystery. If the crashed object wasn't a U.S. craft, it seems pretty obvious it was at least being tracked.

I look forward to seeing where this thread goes. Starred and flagged.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by VoiVod13]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

To me it sounds like it could be the fueltank from the spaceshuttle, since NASA was involved and all.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I'd guess that we can rule out the Space Shuttle:

Space Shuttle Program Begins with Launch of STS-1
Space Shuttle Columbia lifted off from Kennedy Space Center, Fla., on April 12, 1981, at 6 a.m. CST (12:00 GMT) to begin the first shuttle mission, STS-1. The primary mission objectives for STS-1 were to accomplish a safe ascent into orbit, check out all the systems on the space shuttle and to return to Earth for a safe landing. All of these objectives were met successfully.

www.spaceflight.nasa.gov...

The sighting in question took place three years before, on May 6th, 1978.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I'd guess that we can rule out the Space Shuttle:
The sighting in question took place three years before, on May 6th, 1978.

The Enterprice space shuttle flew as early as 1977...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

On January 31, 1977, it was taken by road to Dryden Flight Research Center at Edwards Air Force Base, to begin operational testing.

While at NASA Dryden, Enterprise was used by NASA for a variety of ground and flight tests intended to validate aspects of the shuttle program. The initial nine-month testing period was referred to by the acronym ALT, for Approach and Landing Test.These tests included a maiden flight on February 18, 1977 atop a Boeing 747 Shuttle Carrier Aircraft (SCA) to measure structural loads and ground handling and braking characteristics of the mated system. Ground tests of all orbiter subsystems were carried out to verify functionality prior to atmospheric flight.

Following the ALT program, Enterprise was ferried between several NASA facilities to configure the craft for vibration testing. In June 1979, it was mated with an external tank and solid rocket boosters (known as a boilerplate configuration) and tested in a launch configuration at Kennedy Space Center Launch Pad 39A. In 1984, it was used to test the Air Force shuttle facilities at Vandenberg Air Force Base, including a full mating on the SLC-6 launch pad.

In this configuration, i don't think that it would have the need to release some tanks

Space Shuttle Enterprise

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I doubt that NASA attached the tank to the shuttle before it was fully tested for it's capacity to lift itself and an extra payload before the shuttle actually flew. They probably sent up dozens of tanks before one was actually fitted to the spacecraft.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

This is possible: i mean, of course they made some tests:
and it would also make much sense the secret all around there.

IMHO, it's very important to read as many descriptions as possible from the witnesses.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm glad you doubt that, but the fact is, you don't know that's what actually happened. Going purely off what we DO know, you could say it wasn't a fuel tank, especially not from Enterprise. IMHO.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
The object had produced a trail of about 300 meters of depth by 500 of wide and 1.5 kilometers in length. The rocks nearby the crash site were melted.

[snip]

"our men have discovered the object and they have inspected it, we do not have instructions, is a metallic cylinder 12 feet long with some dents, nobody knows what is inside,

I'm having trouble with the description of the objects apparent path damage with the description of it's size. Heh? Possibly translation problems?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join