It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you experienced a glitch in the matrix ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I am not very familiar with this type of communication with others. I sometimes relate to others not being mindful that they have no way of relating because they are not in any way familiar with me or my way of being friendly.
I almost always speak before I think and I'm finding out I do the same thing this way. I go by instinct and I really do not know any other way except to speak or "type" my thoughts as they come. More than likely I am once again speaking, "typing" nonsense. Probably best I just read and not interact.
Just one more thought, this ATS is a very interesting and helpful place to read. I enjoy it and also think that the rules are very appropriate. I hope I have made some sence to you Vanitas.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fossilized

Oh, people often aren't aware when I am being "virtually" friendly, either - and to make it worse, I despise smilies... (And yet I am compelled to use them.
)

So, by all means, do speak your mind in whichever way feels right to you. After all, the only limit is rudeness - and I don't see it here (in this thread).

Anyway, I hope you tell us more about the project!

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I am sorry for being off topic here but I made a reply in God's Motive. Am I out of line in that Thread? I would like to speak more here also if I may with you.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fossilized

I am not a moderator.
But even so, I see no harm in anyone speaking their mind, provided civility is respected (and certainly no harm in your posts).

So, by all means: DO speak whenever you feel like it.
That's what forums are for, after all.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Interesting thread indeed.

I used to have Deja Vu. I would get "clips" like in a movie of myself in weird situations. I would have them while sleeping and vividly remember them upon waking. It of course would make no sense to me at that time, but weeks later there I was in the same "clip" and suddenly realize what was going to happen.
I got pretty good at this game of seeing the future and would play with it trying to affect the outcome. Usually I would do the exact opposite of what I saw myself doing in these "clips." The sense of euphoria I would get was amazing when I would realize I was in the "clip" I had seen before. Sometimes I would just let it play out and not try to change it, but the ending would always be slightly different than I perceived. It is my nature to use the scientific approach to things so Deja Vu seemed to be a great opportunity to use logic.

Logically if the future has not happened before there should be no way for me to experience it beforehand. Yet it somehow allows me to get a glimpse of it. My Dad would tell me our DNA is like a old magnetic cassette tape that is playing and sometimes a bit of the tape rubs off onto or transfers some of its information onto the layer of tape wrapped around above it. This gives us that precognition, Deja Vu or vision before that piece of the tape gets to the playback head.

It also would give me pause when I would think about the bible (I'm not religious) and those famous words from God: "I know the begging and the end." If something has never happened before there is no way to know the end. If there are infinite possibilities then one could never know what could happen. On the other hand, if we are just like characters in a movie and "God" has seen the film before or made the film, then yes he would know.

I have since gotten a little older and now no longer see the "clips."
My most vivid ones would come to me when I was sick as a child and taking prescription medications for colds and flu symptoms, giving me out of body like experiences, similar to that Pink Floyd song(don't remember the name). When I first heard that song I knew exactly what they meant as this was what I had experienced.
I have not had even a cold since about twenty so no need for what ever they give you when your sick.

Can anyone see why native cultures around the world take hallucinatory substances. I believe they could show a peek at the future if used properly.

I wonder how old the poster is that is getting the Deja Vu monthly...I would bet younger than 30, likely in his(?) twenties.

Sorry to go on so long but this is something I have never related but to very few close friends.

Does any of this sound familiar to you?

PS
I would use the same logic to control flying in my dreams. That weird sense in your gut. Also this too only happened when I was very young. Really neat feeling!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

Heck, I am really trying to become the mistress of Time, but the universe doesn't seem to have much understanding for my wishes...

Then do you think Time could be male

Every person, All the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there.

What you choose to do with them is up to you...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

and those famous words from God: "I know the begging and the end." If something has never happened before there is no way to know the end. If there are infinite possibilities then one could never know what could happen. On the other hand, if we are just like characters in a movie and "God" has seen the film before or made the film, then yes he would know.

Actually, it's: "I am the beginning and the end" - something entirely different.

But of course all suppositions, even the most clever ones (like your father's), are just that; and there is really no sound "logical" reason to categorically assert that the future - or parallel time-lines, for that matter - doesn't exist.

Anyway, I am glad you have given it so much serious thought instead of jumping to a single conclusion and holding to it for dear life.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
it's: "I am the beginning and the end" - something entirely different.

Close,

Revelation 1: 8
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Revelation 21:6 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end."

I was paraphrasing the scripture rather than quoting it as you forced me to do.

It would be semantics to say if one is the beginning and end they would not know the beginning and end or know all. Especially if the being says it is all things. That sounds omniscient to me. The Quran refers to God as Al-'aleem or all knowing. The Bible refers to God as "The Great I Am" and his omnipresence.

I could have free will if the future has never happened before, but the very fact that I have observed it in advance logically means it has taken place before. True free will would not be what we as humans encounter. We are like chess players who are thrown into an already started game. We cannot go back in time and correct the errors or moves of the previous players before we took over for them. Therefore true free will is never possible.
Our genetic code is proof that we do not have free will and we are like a tape being played.

there is really no sound "logical" reason to categorically assert that the future - or parallel time-lines, for that matter - doesn't exist.

I agree. If the future exists then it should be possible to observe it. That is exactly what is happening to those who get glimpses of it. The future should not exist if it is only a potential. We only know now. To us there is no past or future...only the here and now. So are we like a needle on a record. The needle knows not what vibrations the groves ahead will bring. It only knows the point at which it intersects with its interface. Yet our stylus (needle) is somehow picking up music that has yet to be played. Hmmmm

If I existed a second ago where did the ME from a second ago go? I am not the same ME I was a second ago. Did the old me get erased or destroyed? Or does the old me from a second ago still exist somewhere, but not here and now. Or is the old me recycled into the next me in some sort of loop?
Does the present ME get formed from the future, a future ME which does not yet exist.

Thank you for seeing I am not predisposed to one dogma and willing to change my mind as new evidence or theories come about. That is what we as logical beings should be doing as we investigate this strange phenomena.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

If I existed a second ago where did the ME from a second ago go? I am not the same ME I was a second ago. Did the old me get erased or destroyed? Or does the old me from a second ago still exist somewhere, but not here and now. Or is the old me recycled into the next me in some sort of loop?
Does the present ME get formed from the future, a future ME which does not yet exist.

Ah - the priceless question!

No, my personal opinion is that your "self" wasn't erased: it still exists in every and each one of those moments that you've lived through. Because.. they haven't really gone anywhere, have they?
(It may sound trite, but that's the usual fate of words trying to encapsulate a personal experience of anything transcendental...
Really, think about: what exactly is it that is supposed to "pass" - that stuff that we call "time"?)

Herbie Brennan, the author of "Time Travel" (brilliant first part, not-so-brilliant second part), paints a vivid illustration of it: "If you could somehow view yourself from the outside, you would see a massive worm-like creature, tapered to a baby at one end, decaying at the other and meandering through three dimensions of space even as it extends through the fourth" (p. 35 ss).

What does your "gut" tell you about it?
(I really do believe that a person, being not only made from the same "stuff" but being basically the same organism as the Universe itself, can have the answers to all questions.)

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I am glad to see this thread and I am not the only who has had the experiences.

I had two which I will try to sum up in very short. One was I walking up to my truck in the rain and I looked in the through window and I could see it raining on my seat. I was rather surprised at this and looked to make sure my window was closed since I had not yet opened the door. The window was rolled up all the way. When I opened the door the seat was dry but it began raining on the seat just as I had just seen it before I opened the door.

The second I woke up in the middle of the night at about 3 or 4 in the morning to use the bathroom. I had a two bedroom town home with one bathroom between the two bedrooms. I saw my dog walk in the doorway on the left. He seemed like he had just woken up and had obviously heard me and came to investigate. Then I looked over to the door on the right and he was just walking in the same way he did from the left except now he was now walking in from the opposite bedroom.

Has anyone come to any conclusions on what causes this? Is it simply a failure in our brains concerned with memory or are the observable laws of nature concerning time not as stable as we observe on a normal basis?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Has anyone come to any conclusions on what causes this? Is it simply a failure in our brains concerned with memory or are the observable laws of nature concerning time not as stable as we observe on a normal basis?

Are you kidding me?

First of all, keep in mind that any explanation based on a surmised "failure" of the brain is just a hypothesis, no more valid that any guess. It is not out of sarcasm (OK, maybe just a little :-) that I submit that any such "failure" is more likely on the part of the researchers of such phenomena.

Secondly, what we call the "laws" of Nature are mostly extrapolations based on theories.
(Need I say more?)
Which is why the current consensus among most self-respecting physicians and other researchers is that reality itself - and that includes time - is anything BUT "stable".

Anyway, good to hear this story!

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Indeed. I agree with you for the most part. I am just curious as to what if any conclusions anyone else has come to. Obviously you side with nature being at fault in these cases. I lean more towards this to, however I think partly because I find it quite scary that a simple misfiring of a neuron could crash my entire perception of reality. I mean think about someone with head trauma that loses memories, even though something may have took place if they do not remember it, then to that person it did not happen.

I am simply playing devil's advocate. Trust me, I believe our theories and observation concerning nature and how the universe works is very immature at best.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't know if this is of interest in this topic and I can't tell you much about it as I simply don't know.

I knew what to do on several occassions because of "deja vu" or because I dreamt the same scenario that actually came to pass the following day.

It's all very sporadic and I don't often remember my dreams at all, so I have no idea on the frequency of it happening.

It's been happening since I was a kid though, small stuff like when I dreamt I woke up and went into the kitchen, found mom cooking and suddenly being annoyed because she couldn't find the wooden stirring spoon for the soup she was preparing for later. After a while of looking I found it under the furniture/cupboard (sorry english isn't my 1st language, it holds the dishes and wineglasses and has an open display area with a fruitbasket and such on it) in the living room, when I woke up.

I made my way downstairs and heard mom was in the kitchen, so I went to say mornin' and found her looking for her wooden spoon when I remembered my dream, instead of searching for a good while like in the dream I just went to the cupboard, looked under it and there it was.

Small stuff like this happens quite often, maybe im glitched

I did have one scary experience, dreams like this seem very lifelike, remembering fine details like the feeling of wind in my face etc.
So when I had a vivid dream like this where I was getting killed, I wasn't happy.
Someone stuck a blade through my throat sideways while standing behind me.
I felt the blade, warm blood flowing and could even taste metal in my mouth, no pain though. Then I woke up drenched in sweat.

I will never, ever be able to forget that dream. It repeated itself once more a little while ago (and years after the first)

It might just be a nightmare, but I i will recognize the place if it's not, and if one dream saved me an hour looking for a spoon once, this one might save me. Who knows?

In day to day life/rational thought mode it's just a bad dream to me, but somewere in the back of my mind I'm very concious of it and can not forget.
Maybe for the better, I'm not willing to chance it just being a dream even it likely was simply a bad dream.

[edit on 29/4/2008 by David2012]

PS If it's always just a glitch in the brain, then why, for some people, does the future often happen the way they deja vu'd it or dreamt beforehand.

Time isn't linear anyway, the first thing everyone needs to do is trash the timeline, linear time imaginations etc. in the trash before you can really talk about the dimension we (imho unlucky name for it) call time.
It's just one of the many dimensions, nothing special or magical or constant about it. The problem is we can only really comprehend and experience 3+1 dimensions, and the plus 1 just barely, which makes time seem steady, one directional and unchangable and wholly different from reality. (The whole back in time, change he future bladibla, forget it)

Some quirks with time are to be found in our own brains, measurable.
You feel touch, the millisecond it's caused, which is impossible.
It takes a measurable amount of time for the signal to reach your brain to be interpreted but your brain knows instantly according to measurements.
Which suggests, and these are the scientist's words not mine, the brain looks a little ahead, it gets the pain signal after the time you expect it needs to reach the brain, but reports it to you as feeling "now" before the signal even arrives.
Or in other words, the brain grabs the signal from the future and tells you now, in effect feeling the instant the feeling is caused despite the signal still travelling through your nerves towards the brain.

I don't necessarily subscribe to this research but the results are weird enough to be very interesting regardless.

[edit on 29/4/2008 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

But that's just it... Can neurons really "misfire" at all?
Or is it - as I believe to be more likely - just that mankind's present observation of phenomena is faulty, to say the least?

I've thought a lot about amnesia, it's an interesting problem.
And I wonder, is the information really lost, even in the worst cases?
Because, call me crazy, but I think that a lot, perhaps most, of what seems as specifically "our" information actually resides outside...
Just think of those apparently baffling cases of Alzheimer's disease when the patient just before dying suddenly remembers information that was supposedly destroyed by the atrophied brain... (If I am not mistaken, that happened to Ronald Reagan.)

Anyway, I'd like to hear from other people, too.
This thread has become oddly dormant, hasn't it?
(It is true, however, that this same subject is actually being discussed within several other threads, so that's probably why.
And I still hope Fossilized comes back and enlightens us regarding that project... especially since "next month" is almost here.
)

P.S. I love playing the devil's advocate, and so do you... I see a very interesting problem coming up.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David2012

That is fascinating, David.
And personally, I think you're absolutely right in doubting the apparent "malfunction" of the brain as providing an explanation for all kinds of phenomena.

As to your throat-cut dream... Agh. You're right, it probably is "just" a dream - but I think your approach is a very safe (and sane) one. IF there were a premonitory meaning in it at all, then keeping in mind the very real possibility of deflecting any such reality, as you're doing, really is the wisest way to go.

BTW, have you tried consciously experimenting with "reality creation"?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Time isn't linear anyway, the first thing everyone needs to do is trash the timeline, linear time imaginations etc.

Very true, at least in my opinion.

How do YOU do it?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's "next month"...
Fossilized, if you are reading this, please won't you come back and tell us whether the thing that was supposed to get going by now is ON or OFF?

(TWIMC: I am not being sarcastic.)

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

P.S. Oh... did you mean the Big Bang Project?

(Boy, do I need an accelerator - ASAP...!
)

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Vanitas

P.S. Oh... did you mean the Big Bang Project?

I think they are still in the commisioning process.

Numerous electrical tests were carried out in Sector 4-5 during the period from November to mid-February. Once the temperature had been stabilised at around 1.9 K (-271°C) at the beginning of December, the circuits were initially powered up to 8,500 amps. The main dipole circuit was then gradually brought up to 10,200 amps during the last week of January, then the main quadrupole circuits to 10,800 amps in February. At this intensity of current the magnets are capable of guiding a 6 TeV proton beam. During this process, for both the dipole and the quadrupole circuits, a number of training quenches occurred

Source

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Actually I have had a really bizarre one.
It was in fact with our cat (like the movie) not kidding really happened.
It was even Lang before the movie existed.

I was on the couch and was watching TV when my cat walked up to me made a specific "miaw" in such a manner that I knew that it wanted to go outside. I did bring it outside and got back to the couch and set down in the same position as before, then this exact sequence of what is described above happened again. I was startled and tough how the **** did you get in. but it happened exactly the same even the movement and sound of our cat was the same. I brought the cat outside again and checked if al doors and windows where closed they were and then it freaked me out. It was nothing like a regular deja vu this was real and made me a bit afraid of what happened just now. I was really spooked and was very glad when someone came home that evening.

I know this sounds crazy and a lot like the movie. But I am not joking it really happened like I described it did. I don't believe in abductions but when this happened I made a joke to my self like "well if abductions are true they now know how to do it without lost time, got a bit to much back to" But when the matrix came out and the part of the cat came along I was freaked out it exactly feld and looked like that it only happend in a diverent manner. I knew nobody would ever believe me if I told the above after this movie.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join