It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Live Near A Power Plant?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I live about 3 miles from the Niagara Power Authority, which is basically right off of the Niagara Gorge. The plant supplies power to much of the North East. Generally this is regarded as a high risk area when the terror threat rises, and it is guarded highly by NYS Troopers, and area police. If anyone else lives near a power plant, post your thoughts about it, and your worries, etc... thanks!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i am a few miles away from an FPL plant here in south florida, it's near the port and airport so security is pretty tight. You have go thru a checkpoint just to drive on the road past the plant. They set up the checkpoint right after 9/11 and it's been there since.

i'm not too worried because i really can't do anything about it if something does happens, so why even torture myself with such thoughts.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I live next to Indian Point. A power plant on the Hudson River

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
They'll occasionally set up a check point out here- sometimes they even set it up as a DWI checkpoint, which makes sense because the plant is near a college, but the troopers are notorious for pulling over and detaining ANYONE of mid-eastern descent, and questioning them on the spot.

I agree though, I dont worry too much about it, becuase there is nothing i can do.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can see the St. Lucie Nuclear reactors twin domes from where I'm at. My grandpa helped build them back in 82.
He fell off the dome on the right while it was half finished. He only fell about 15 feet (he landed on the building in front of the reactor). He broke his back.

Info here

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We just moved outside of Syracuse and are about 15 miles SE of Nine Mile (on the SE shore of Lake Ontario). I've thought about it and my wife thinks I read too much online... But I have researched iodine pills...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I lived in Syracuse for a short period of time, but I'm not familiar with the area you are talking about... what are some landmarks or stores or roads near it? thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm near one in NC called Shearon Harris and there's next to NO security.

Ignards fish in those waters. There's a couple of "Evacuation Route" signs pointing to nowhere.

We're all gonna die one day.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I hate to burst your bubbles but you should really not be posting how soft a target is.

Especially nuclear power stations.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm sure that all of the sights security in place, unless they are only providing power to a minute amount of locations, in which case it may only be a security company, not any state or local police. I think its great to see how actively they are providing security to these places- at least the government is protecting some of this country's assets

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Like omega i also live near the Indain Point power plant in Buchanan New York, Coast guard is patroling the waters just incase terrorism wants to do something but on the news they said they can attack from the air. They should have a chopper fly around there once in a while to scan for anything strange
also trust me security there is tighter then a drum! security guards coast guard police helicopters Buchanan Pd State Pd all that stuff trust me that security is tight with a capital T

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I like to relax at Charles Point in the warm weather. It makes me wonder when I walk down that dock if any men with bad intentions have also walked in my footsteps.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I live by that very same power plant bobbo. I have noticed the troopers' crazy checkpoints and traps too. I have heard the shrubs and such around the resevoir are for camo, have you heard this as well?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Limerick Nuclear Power Plant
Limerick, Pa

which is about 30 miles west of Philly

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I live about 20 minutes from Limerick Power Plant as well. I remember when i was a teenager (long time ago) I actually drove right through the gate into the facility without ever being stopped. I hope things would be different today...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i used to live about 8 miles east of Sequoya, which is north of chattanooga. security is sufficient, at least on the highway going to the plant but there is virtually no security east of the plant where the tennessee river is. you can easily navigate a boat close enough to the reactor buildings to cause damage if you had the right weapon. same goes for Watts Bar a little farter north of chattanooga. im glad i no longer live near a nuclear power plant. and im not worried about posting this information, any terrorist that wants to attack a nuclear power plant has already done his research.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
yeah I live right down river and down wind of Indian Pt. When they tested the sirens, in place for nuclear emergency, I got so sick to my stomache. I didnt know they were testing and theres one right by my house. I am lucky to have a beautiful view of the Hudson, in Westchester county, NY but if that sucker blows Im history, theres no getting out of here.
Kristine

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
3 mile island north of baltimore

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Lake Robinson Nuclear plant., live about 2 miles from it and its wide open to whatever, not the least bit of security.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Davis Besse Power plant outside of Toledo OH.

It's actually shut down right now, inspectors found a rusted out reactor head or something like that. it's been down for over 2 years.

When the "threat raises" , there are armed guards very visible at this place.

I don't worry too much about it. If "they" want to get us it'll be done one way or another. I personally don't think we'll get attacked on American soil again. Or at least I hope not.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by elevatedone]

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by elevatedone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join