It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got yelled at because...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I told my mom what I believe to be the truth about 9/11. I told her to open her eyes and that our government was responsible for what happened. She told me:

"I can't believe you. How dare you say that. You have no respect for your country."

I told her I sympathize for the victims but not for the government. I know I'm going get hammered for this one.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If you don't like the government here, then it is time to move out of your parents house and live under a system of government that you will support.

I am not saying that ours is a perfect government, but it is the best one out there.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yeah, my mom was shocked when I told her I don't have any faith, and basically just don't believe in god.

Stick to your guns. Having respect for your country does not mean respecting your government. I fail to see how people couple country with government. They are two totally seperate things. And the government of any nation throughout history has always had it's own best interests in mind. Why don't people remember that?...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
I told my mom what I believe to be the truth about 9/11. I told her to open her eyes and that our government was responsible for what happened. She told me:

"I can't believe you. How dare you say that. You have no respect for your country."

I told her I sympathize for the victims but not for the government. I know I'm going get hammered for this one.

You'll get that type of reaction from alot of ignorant people. Just ignore them. They couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
If you don't like the government here, then it is time to move out of your parents house and live under a system of government that you will support.

I am not saying that ours is a perfect government, but it is the best one out there.

He has no choice, EVERY government is corrupt. He'd have to die to escape governments. So just because he's alive, does not mean he should respect or like anything. If our government wants to rule the world and destroy all those who oppose them, and someone's answer to that is: well go away if you don't like that.

Does it make sense?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Cool Hand, I don't live with my parents "thank goodness." I just went to visit them since I haven't seen them in along time. What I don't understand is, don't we have a right to question our leaders when we suspect something? I thought that's why Nixon and Clinton were impeached. Yes when we ask Bush about certain events surrounding 9/11 he states "Sorry, that would be unpatriotic to quesiton your President about such issues."

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Why do many have to fall in to that stereotypical category of "ignorant" Satyr?

You are basically saying that roughly 70%+/- of the US population, based on past and fairly current pollings, are "ignorant" because they view what happened on 9/11 different from those who claim otherwise?

That's a whole lot of 'lumping' of people Satyr, that is not even including the rest of the world. Then again, it has not been proven in an international court either that 9/11 happened any different then it has been prescribed....interesting.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Cool Hand, I don't live with my parents "thank goodness." I just went to visit them since I haven't seen them in along time. What I don't understand is, don't we have a right to question our leaders when we suspect something? I thought that's why Nixon and Clinton were impeached. Yes when we ask Bush about certain events surrounding 9/11 he states "Sorry, that would be unpatriotic to quesiton your President about such issues."

When has he said that?

We do have a right to question our leaders, we just have to be able to back up what we ask them?

As far as I am concerned this thread is pointless. Do you honestly expect us to believe that the US gov't was behind the largest terrorist attack we have ever endured?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

When has he said that?

We do have a right to question our leaders, we just have to be able to back up what we ask them?

As far as I am concerned this thread is pointless. Do you honestly expect us to believe that the US gov't was behind the largest terrorist attack we have ever endured?

Cool Hand. Go here: www.democrats.us... and tell me what you think. This might answer your question.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Okay mrmulder,
Now how about some hard evidence to back up your claim? You are paraphrasing one man's opinion, you have yet to show me a single example from an objective source that will convince me.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thats the thing with questions about 9/11, they are painfull ones. Many 'everyday' people would have trouble suspecting their own government of any wrong doing when it envolves such a horriffic and shocking event like september the 11th. It is touchy, but somebody has to keep asking these questions, looking for the truth and denying ignorance..

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The parents' correct reaction should have been 'son, what crap have you been smoking now?"

It is obvious that in fact Islamic radicals did, in fact, committ the attacks of 9/11. The perpetrators had their "going away" videos on arab-TV broadcast. And that private video later discovered of Bin Laden watching the attacks, real-time, and counting with his fingers to his ecstatic followers is pretty much proof of guilt.

Al-Qaeda did in fact admit it a few months afterwards (after being chased out of Afghanistan).

This idea that "the powers" wanted 9/11 to gain control is crazy. the "powers" wanted the stock market to keep on going up and CEOs to get lots more options.

And how exactly would the "powers" come up with a plan to crash a plane into the freaking Pentagon? Why not the "lincoln memorial" or something symbolic to kill tourists instead of possibly the Secretary of Defense?

Don't let America-hating get in the way of logic. Certainly Asscroft and his boys are no saints, but the reality is that the USA and the West in general does in fact have a real enemy, and this enemy declared war on the USA first.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Cool hand,

Go here: www.infowars.com...

If this won't convince you I don't know what will. This site has tons of different news articles around the world. See for yourself.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
link credit Peace

another link

Both of these sites are really thorough. I'm not one that spends hours wondering if the government was complicit in 9-11, but my curiosity was peeked by these sites. It's not impossible...though we will never know the full truth...I tend to lean toward the possibility that it was actually planned by a rouge element in the intelligence/defense community.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Saphronia]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Cool hand,

Go here: www.infowars.com...

If this won't convince you I don't know what will. This site has tons of different news articles around the world. See for yourself.

I have been there and to several other places that support your theory. I just do not buy it. There is more information out there that supports the terrorist angle than supports yours.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
sometimes, it is better to NOT speak your mind.

like when I told my ultra conservative grandma that I wasn't a christian.
That was dumb.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by beergoggles]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm now beginning to realise that.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The government are supposed to be there to serve the people, including you and mrmulder. If you don't like the way they are running your country, tell the government to leave. I am sick to death of seeing Americans who disagree with Bush being told to leave their own country.

It is mrmulders right and his moral obligation to his fellow Americans to question what the government does. Denouncing people with views opposing them the way you and many others on this board and elsewhere have done is infuriatingly ignorant.

And a corrupt two party system is certainly not the best form of government existing in the world today.

Stand by your country by all means. But never put blind faith in a few corrupt individuals in positions of power.

Regarding your 9/111 theory, mrmulder, I believe that Islamic fundamentalists did indeed attack the twin towers, but the terrorists were funded by the CIA. I also believe the US government had prior knowledge of the attacks and deliberately did nothing to prevent them, knowing that they would consequently have an excuse to invade Iraq, and finish what daddy Bush started.

Then again, this theory is unproiven, as the evidence is as questionable as that which seemingly pins the blame on "Al-Qaeda".

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The government are supposed to be there to serve the people, including you and mrmulder. If you don't like the way they are running your country, tell the government to leave. I am sick to death of seeing Americans who disagree with Bush being told to leave their own country.

Who said anything about leaving the country in this thread?

It is mrmulders right and his moral obligation to his fellow Americans to question what the government does. Denouncing people with views opposing them the way you and many others on this board and elsewhere have done is infuriatingly ignorant.

I disagree, I am merely expressing my freedom of speech and opinion. Just as he is.

And a corrupt two party system is certainly not the best form of government existing in the world today.

Can you prove this so-called "corruption?" Becuause if they were in fact corrupt, then most people would not stand for them and we would have found a new system a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles
sometimes, it is better to NOT speak your mind.

like when I told my ultra conservative grandma that I wasn't a christian.
That was dumb.

yeah, I've done things like that. in the interest of family harmony, it's probably best to avoid topics like religion and politics. it's not really censoring yourself, it's making your life much easier.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join