It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO smashes through roof of NZ home: Can you help identify what this object is?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Mystery today surrounded an unidentified flying object that smashed through the roof of a Hawke's Bay house, landing on the lounge floor yesterday.The resident of Whakatu, eight kilometres northeast of Hastings, was home but in a different room.
It was first thought a small mechanical part had fallen from a small plane, but the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has discounted that theory.
CAA spokesman Bill Sommers told NZPA an aeronautical engineer studied the part and found it was not from a plane.
"So we don't know what it's from."
The metal object had rust on it, was about 11cm long, 4.5cm wide and weighed about a kilogram, Mr Sommer said.
It would be "impractical" to consider that it had fallen out of the plane somehow, he said.
He also discounted the object coming from outer space.
"It's not the kind of thing you'd want to put into space because it's too heavy," Mr Sommer said.
"So it's a bit mysterious."
Constable Ben Howat of Hastings police said they were investigating what the object was and where it came from.

Here is the link to the story....

www.stuff.co.nz...

here are the pictures:

And no it is not the pen

second picture:

This is the hole it made in their roof:

They still haven’t been able to identify this object. A recent report advised:

“it could have killed someone standing in its path. "It's come through with the force of a bullet. The roof wasn't dented, it was a clean-cut hole."Sergeant Ray Kirby, who is in charge of the case, described the hunk as arch-shaped, 10cm long and 5cm wide. "To me, it looks like a drumshoe from a brake." The velocity of its descent suggests it fell from the sky, rather than being thrown. An aviation expert and a Civil Aviation Authority aeronautical engineer have examined the object and agree it wasn't an aircraft part. "It's too heavy. Generally aircraft are made out of alloy," said Hawke's Bay Aviation chief executive Wattie Solomon, who also ruled out satellite and space station parts for the same reason.”

refer to the following link:

www.nzherald.co.nz...

Does anyone have a clue on what they think this could be? It is quite baffling that an object like this could just fall from the sky????? And, from where and from what exactly? It looks man made but where do you think it would have come off? Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Why doesn't the article refer to what is imprinted on the object?

"SPURY"
"SPUFY"

That would be a good clue and a place to start investigating.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I see Seley. Could this be from a airplane ?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It looks as though the article in question has "selfey" (or something to that effect written on it). It appears to be made on Terra, and it appears to be iron. The brake shoe analogy holds some water with this viewer(although I can't figure out why a space vehicle would need brake-shoes!). I would suspect the NSA , NASA,or KGB involvement in this episode. I would also consider CIA. But then again, I'm not paid to think that hard(snicker, snicker).

Gram.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
To me it looks as if the embossed letter's spell "ASBURY", and for the most part, I was wondering if it could be one of the copling's from the satelite that the USA shot down in space a while back, maybe , maybe not?

Would be quite remarkable if it actually was, have to get in touch with some brainy friends of mine.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by witchof43

No the aviation authorities have said that the object is too heavy to be part of an aircraft.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
"SELBY "? maybe?
looks like part of heavy equipment or machinery - maybe something used to pull an airplane when on the ground/tarmac that got "attached" or left behind and fell off in flight?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

They have also ruled out this metal object being part of a satellite due to it being too heavy... But they could be wrong... If your friends could help us identify it that would be great!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Did someone mention "coupling"

Asbury thermocouples

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I would guess it is a chipper or grinder tooth. One of these things fell through a roof in NJ last year.

[edit on 4/19/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

that could be possible? are there any aviation experts on here that could comment on this senario?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
hmmm so this could be part of an aircraft or satellite... if this was part of the satellite that was shot down a wee while ago by the US then it is quite remarkable that it came down now??? or maybe it actually fell off an aircraft of some kind?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It does not look as though it took heat from a reentry. It does look like it is a clean break from a larger object where pins were holding it in place.

The lettering seem to spell "SPURY".

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have talked to one of my consortiates about the piece in question, every one here on ATS knows him as Matayas.
He agrees with the conclusion I have came up with for it's origins. He does also believe that it is probably off a piece of macinery with kinesmattic force field capabilities.
I tried to see if I could get a clear pic of one in full veiw, but to no avail.
Did run acros this pic though to give us an idea of it's placement when in use.
www.rcuniverse.com...

it gives the placement description, but does not show the actual part by itself, guess you have to kind opf use your imagination to see that the bolt holes are quite similar if it were one solid piece.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What was going on near the house. Some machine that broke and this piece flew off.
I did not have to come from the "sky".
Someone in the area has to know.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

It would have to be traveling at a very stupendously high rate of speed, if it wasn't shot out of a gun or cannon, it would have to be from something very very close and very very powerful.
I still personally believe that it has come from our local outer space, and with the research that I have done thus far, there are a tremendous amounts of different catagories for thermocoples and carbon fixed and applied parts, which incidently is what they use for high stress and unusal tempreture conditions.
Though I have not found the exact representation of it, here is a smaller one .
Look at the similarities from the central hole, or the feed, to the outer parimeter or outer Diameter, looks very close to it , only on a smaller scale.
www.omega.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Looks like a link off of the chain from a crane or something to me.
definitely looks as if it is supposed to be linked with other of the same object imo.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Appears to be a counterweight from an aircraft control surface. Most are painted a light green " Primer" and made of depleted uranium. Got a gieger counter handy?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Interesting theories. To me looks like 'shelby'. Whatever it is snapped off at incredible force. The weathering I believe would indicate not extraterrestial in nature.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Not from space.
No re-entry burns or markings.
Looks like 'SELBY' pressed into it.
Looks like IRON.

A sat. view of the area, Whakatu, NZ shows that a possible railway nearby, and looks to be an industrial area as well.

Best guess: Possible brake part or counterweight from a locomotive that projected at high speed after failure of the part or mechanism. The launch of the part could have been nearby, at a severe angle, launched into the air achieving terminal velocity upon crashing into poor fellows roof. Or a shallower angle achieving same and piercing the roof in a ballistic entry. Velocity need not be too high for this object to do damage due to the mass.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join