It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terra papers : Hidden History of Planet Earth - Now Online!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by re22666
i do have to ask one question though. and do not jump on me as an attacker, i am just asking. this is a story from one person passed down right? i mean is there is any other evidence or records of any of this aside from the original source himself? anything that can confirm any of this in any way?

Have you read the Terra Papers? If not, should do so as it story may sound familiar (Sumerian and Sitchin and such). Robert Morning Sky wrote the Terra Papers based on the hidden history of earth as told to his grandfather by Bek'Ti, an e.t. that was downed around 1947 in the deserts of US. Robert later and on his own went through human history to see if he could find anything to substantiate it - from that the Terra Papers were written in the 60's. He has since written many other works, which aren't readily available - hope this clarifys it. Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

so the answer is yes, this is all based on one man's word?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

We have a saying "you are what you eat" and this holds true when we receive Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist. We eat Jesus' flesh and we become like Him who is eternal life. Jesus said unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you shall not have life within you (John 6:52). He truly desires to impregnate us with his flesh and blood, to purify us so that we become like Him.

....I think of more like cannibalism....

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by kshaund

If you're asking if Robert wrote this on his own, yes. It's not the only story like it out there though - other researchers at different times have deducted similar versions...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kshaund

reply to post by kshaund

If you're asking if Robert wrote this on his own, yes. It's not the only story like it out there though - other researchers at different times have deducted similar versions...

so...it is or is not any more or less valid than the bible?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by kshaund

so...it is or is not any more or less valid than the bible?

Is this a trick question?

My honest answer is (to me) the Terra Papers are more valid because I met the author and have had an opportunity to observe for myself - the bible probably has truths in it for sure, but its a conglomerate of writers at different times even hundreds of years after Jesus' existance and has been translated way too many times for me to take it at face value at this point - I would love to read a truly ancient bible - these ones are so messed up I have no idea how to read them anyway but in a similar vein as the Terra Papers, i.e. God in the bible is Ea the Creator and Enlil the Administrator - angels are extraterrestrials, immaculate conception is artificial insemination, etc.

To me the bible is just too suspect to be taken literally, which billions do. Your point?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

it is not a trick question. i am curious. why are you so defensive.

now let me understand, the reasons that this is valid to you is because you met the author?

i am sorry, and observe.
ovbserve what exactly?

[edit on 8/23/2008 by re22666]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by kshaund

it is not a trick question. i am curious. why are you so defensive.

now let me understand, the reasons that this is valid to you is because you met the author?

not defensive, just not sure where the line of questioning originates - or for what reason...

That's one reason I give more validity to the Terra Papers (because I met the author). I've met other authors too who didn't 'ring true' with me - it's ultimately the story that made sense, not who wrote it - the bible as I've seen it doesn't make sense no matter who wrote it - but like I said I'd rather see an original one and bet it would be clearer it was written about and aound god/God/Ea/Enlil and how we back them perceived the gods from the skies and basically parallel with the Terra Papers anyway.

What's your take?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

When I said I was able to observe, I'm able to observe the author's character over time which can lend or take credibility from the writings. I've done this with others 'out there' too, most of them don't stand any test of time and fade away.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

ok i gotcha. i am just trying to uderstand why lets say, I, should believe any of this. i guess what i am saying is that this seems like nothing more than any story i could have decided to tell my grandchild a long long time ago. what is there to dispute if i were to make something as intangable up and generations later he professes it as truth to the world.
dont get me wrong, i am not trying to disprove you or be argumentative. i just truly want to know what makes this fantastic story any more real than any other, aside from your subjective feelings about the author as a person.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by kshaund

ok i gotcha. i am just trying to uderstand why lets say, I, should believe any of this. i guess what i am saying is that this seems like nothing more than any story i could have decided to tell my grandchild a long long time ago. what is there to dispute if i were to make something as intangable up and generations later he professes it as truth to the world.
dont get me wrong, i am not trying to disprove you or be argumentative. i just truly want to know what makes this fantastic story any more real than any other, aside from your subjective feelings about the author as a person.

My subjective feelings do count - especially over time as anyone putting up a front eventually shows - plus gut instinct. Also this is not an isolated story, but I think it's the most entertaining version - and I mean entertaining in a good way in that it's a little easier to take in. It is also a story in the Sumerian history not exactly, but similar enough. It just also made sense to me and explained so many other things like why the government really is so screwed up and on and on.

k.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

reply to post by kshaund

My subjective feelings do count - especially over time as anyone putting up a front eventually shows - plus gut instinct. Also this is not an isolated story, but I think it's the most entertaining version - and I mean entertaining in a good way in that it's a little easier to take in. It is also a story in the Sumerian history not exactly, but similar enough. It just also made sense to me and explained so many other things like why the government really is so screwed up and on and on.

k.

you had me and then you lost me. how could either sumerian texts, or this mans grandfather have had any insight into our current government?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

reply to post by kshaund

you had me and then you lost me. how could either sumerian texts, or this mans grandfather have had any insight into our current government?

?? Not sure how you got that from what I said - The government comment was my own - sorry if that confused you - in that if there's an intention behind all the governments to control us minions that's alien based, that makes sense to me more than the governments are all stupid for not knowing and doing better.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

i got that from this

explained so many other things like why the government really is so screwed up and on and on

i wasnt sure that was what you were saying, that is why i asked. i guess my problem is that there are stories all over the world, accross all oral and written history that explain things and make alot of sense. they mostly have large groups of people believing in them for various reasons and many different examples of why they believe. i do not buy any of their stories so far. so i am curious about this one. we have a story one man told his grandson. my grandfather told me lots of stories too, most were not true. the grandson wrote it down and you met him. no offense, but i do not know you. i know nothing of your honesty and integrity so one man tells a story and another verifies it? that is not very iron clad. it is an interesting story but so far that is all i can see. so i just have to ask. i am assuming you are not an unintelligent person. so i have to believe there is much more reason to believe this fantastic fairy tale than because you met the author and it made sense. the flying spaghetti monster makes perfect sense oncee you talk to the guy that came up with that. and he is pretty nice and honest too.
please do not take this as an attack. i read throug the terra papers but all i could see was baseless fantasy. there must be some real solid something that makes anyone believe this. so i am asking what that is.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

Why didn't Mr Morning Sky publish his works when he first wrote it? There are thousands of small printing shops at the time all over the USA.

Where is the alien body? Is there any physical evidence to back up the claims of the story?

The first question is important to the "who was first" idea of ancient aliens coming down and teaching us everything theories.

The second one is the most important one. Any trace of the ship or any remains of the aliens would be evidence or proof. We just have the story to go on, and for us who do not know Mr Morning Sky, that is not much.

You should not be defensive about questions when there are controversial claims or ideas at stake. I have nothing against you or Mr Morning Sky and do respect your ideas and beliefs. But if you want me to take it serious, I do need something to back the story up. There are many contradicting theories and ideas out there and evidence is the best way to back up ideas.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
The first question is important to the "who was first" idea of ancient aliens coming down and teaching us everything theories.

First would be the Enuma Elish,THE EPIC OF CREATION from The Seven Tablets of Creation

The Bible was not that far behind... I am not aware of any earlier written works though India and Tibet might have...

The second one is the most important one. Any trace of the ship or any remains of the aliens would be evidence or proof. We just have the story to go on, and for us who do not know Mr Morning Sky, that is not much.

For 2000 plus years mankind has gone on just the Story of the Bible, The Qu'ran, the Rig Veda... none of those have proof yet we live our lives believing in those...

But if you want me to take it serious, I do need something to back the story up. There are many contradicting theories and ideas out there and evidence is the best way to back up ideas.

Have you asked a Bishop, a Rabbi or an Imam for evidence and " something to back the story up" ? Those certainly qualify as "contradicting theories and ideas' that millions have fought and died for over the last 2000 years...

Sorry if I don't see the difference...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I was referring to who was first: Zecharia Sitchin, Erich Von Daniken, or Robert Morning Sky.
I do not want any religious leader to offer proof because it is based on faith. However, Mr Morning Sky is stating what he writes as fact. I would love to see evidence of what he writes.
That is what my post was about and it still has yet to be answered.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Have you asked a Bishop, a Rabbi or an Imam for evidence and " something to back the story up" ? Those certainly qualify as "contradicting theories and ideas' that millions have fought and died for over the last 2000 years...

Sorry if I don't see the difference...

i do not see the difference either, that is why i am asking for evidence. none of those you mentions showed any, so i moved on. now i am here asking for this evidence. it is nice to understand that 'man' has gone on word alone but i have not.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If you are looking for any type of validity in the Terra Papers you wont find it except for the fact that is tells the same story found in the Sumerian cylinders and the Babylonian Enuma Elish. Both are the oldest text on creation unless you refer to the Hindu Vedic histories, and not just the texts. The Vedic texts are so vague that it is hard to support any one story in my opinion.

I have heard it said that Genesis was taken from the Enuma Elish, but I cannot confirm this.

The one thing you get from the Terra Papers that you dont get elsewhere is the context in which the creation story occurs in. Why Earth was desired as a home or outpost to the creators.

I call them manipulators as they didn't really "create" man, but altered the already existing earlier primates we have in the fossil records. They just used their own genetics to make early man more capable so they could perform tasks.

It can be said to explain the missing links we have in the fossil records concerning mans evolution as well as how man gained the knowledge of being civilized concerning agriculture, animal husbandry, government, and economy, that seems to just pop up all of the sudden in our ancient history, all over the planet in the same time period. It also explains how man learned religion (or made it up).

It can be taken as just another story and stands well on it own just as fiction alone. If you have looked at other creation stories, you can find a strange relationship with all of them but it is a more subjective relationship due to all the symbolism and metaphor.

I you are interested in taking up studying the creation stories of the world then there are lots of places that you can find this stuff.

Internet Sacred Texts Archive

and another less laborious one at Creation Stories from Around the World

peace

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
I was referring to who was first: Zecharia Sitchin, Erich Von Daniken, or Robert Morning Sky.

Since Sitchin got his ideas from the Sumerian cylinder seals and the Enuma Elish... answer you have yes hmm?

Listen you do not
Jedi Master you never will be

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join