It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So will "techniques" soon become part of middle/high school "Health Education" curriculla?

Will "D" cell batteries for ol' "Steely Dan" now be considered a deductible medical expense?

Considering the (presumed) prediliction for "Prostate Massage" amoung the Gay community, will straight men now have one more example (as if waxing wasn't enough!) of "Gay Culuture" to claim as their own?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Ummm... one small problem, though. I have prostate cancer, and by all accounts, then, I oughtn't.

It's all about early detection, so what you really need is to have a trained professional stick his finger up yer caboose.

Oh, and a regular PSA test after 40, to be safe.

The news in OP aren't completely new. It may help to have a healthy hand, but a dear and healthy partner is probably even much more important in preventing prostate cancer.

Unfortunately, mechanisms of cancer are still mostly unknown. There are certain things that may reduce the risk of prostate cancer (as in OP), but there are other factors as well. One thing that comes to my mind is that there are detectable cancer cells in the prostates of most males all the time, but the immune system most often takes care of them. Every once in a while the human immune system fails to do its work, and there is a cancer that starts to develop, especially when the body ages and different life-sustaining functions start to slow down. Early detection is the key factor for good life from this point on.

That's why a PSA test is no waste of money for anyone over 35.

The thing I stated above is one of the most important aspects of cancer. Mostly it's not about the attack of bad cells, it's all about the defense that failed to do its job. Despite all the progress in medicine during the last 100 years, we still can't completely understand the mechanism of the immune system. Medicine is not a completely exact science, but it's getting better all the time.

Some other very common factors for cancer are smoking and stressed, unhappy life.

About smoking: I've personally noted that every wound and nick I got in my hobbies used to heal much slower when I smoked, so my immune system was clearly slowed down. When I learned this personally, I had a very good motivation to quit. Fortunately the human body can quite quickly recover its built-in immune system functions when the intake of certain poisons is stopped.

About stress and unhappiness: It's all about mind, mind over the body! A positive way of thinking about everyday life is very important, even if it's not strictly a medical issue that is taught in med schools. There are always different stresses in everyone's life, but they should not be given the domination -- but defeated with more positive things in life instead. There is a Finnish phrase "Give the Devil your little finger, and it'll finally take your arm" (I don't know how this translates correctly into English, but probably you get the point). Surprisingly small things can make your day more enjoyable, and even one can change your life forever.

There was once a phrase told to me by a doctor more than a decade older and more experienced than myself: "If you eat a juicy, greasy stake with a glass of wine or two -- That'll theoretically shorten your life with several days if not weeks. However, the pleasure of doing it will probably lengthen your life with months if not years, if you enjoy it to your heart's content. Just keep the things in their just proportions, and do not overdo it."

I'll never forget his words.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

nope. monks experience other types of joy...meditative types.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Johnny C, check out the Budwig diet (flax oil & cottage cheese) for that prostate cancer. There is a Yahoo group under flax oil.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Look at AllseeingI's thread regarding president Putin marrying a gymnast - that will keep the cancer at bay for years. Not that I have looked.

Brei.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
mrwupy. Black opps operative in the war on cancer since 1973.

All this time I just thought I was doing my duty but no more! SOMEBODY PIN A MEDAL ON MY CHEST!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION
Johnny C, check out the Budwig diet (flax oil & cottage cheese) for that prostate cancer. There is a Yahoo group under flax oil.

Thanks for the tip. I did a flaxseed oil and cottage cheese thing for about 3 months before I went into treatment. I had the brachytherapy, which promises a 95% cure after ten years, and to ameliorate the effects of the radiation I'm now doing zyflamend, and high-potency omega-3 fish oils. I'm drinking essiac tea as well as having amended my diet somewhat.

Whatever diet choices one makes have to be sustainable, or you make yourself nuts.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Good luck with it. You'll be fine.
I can relate a humorous story. My uncle had prostate cancer and had those radioactive seeds implanted up his ass. He was going through the airport, on his way to Hawaii, and security stopped him. He must have set off some of the detectors. This was pre-911. They held up the plane for 2 hours while they had to call his doctor and verify everything.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You know what really sad. When you sink to such a low of depression that that is the furthest thing from your mind. My prostate must be bugging.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

"..I wonder if somebody's trying to jerk us around?" 12 hours later and I got.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION
Good luck with it. You'll be fine.
I can relate a humorous story. My uncle had prostate cancer and had those radioactive seeds implanted up his ass. He was going through the airport, on his way to Hawaii, and security stopped him. He must have set off some of the detectors. This was pre-911. They held up the plane for 2 hours while they had to call his doctor and verify everything.

a) It doesn't go up your ass, it goes in through your t'aint. (figger that one out)
b) They gave me a card...lol

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

Yeah, that was the first thing that popped up after reading the article the OP posted.

To bad these sort of things didn't get on the news when I was going to school. Great report material.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hookedfish
On the other hand , don't you risk a mineral loss if you do it too much or eat not enough meat?

and since you waste more energy don't you end up eating more and thus even those substances that cause cancer in other body parts too where you might not be able to release them that easily?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hookedfish

What specific mineral do you speak of?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure but maybe mostly zinc?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, George Bush will never get cancer then, he's a total W%@ker!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hookedfish

Zinc is present in brown rice, grains, beans and nuts, milk products, many vegetables...

the problem is that zinc is best absorbed from meat products.

Of course some "vegetarians" eat eggs and seafood, which are high in zinc with good absorption.

To increase zinc absorption you can take Vit C, E, and B6 and mineral Magnesium.

That said, you should also take a daily multi vit-mineral

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You know. I was thinking ( while having some beef jerky) what do ya all think about certain religions thinking on this subject?

Would there be any religious institutions (denominations) that would frown on this pratice?

Just wondering (boy this is good jerky!) img.photobucket.com...

[edit on 20-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Many Religions view masturbation as sin, as the semen is sacred and is supposed to be used for procreation only.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Well, Thanks for that!

I'm just glad
I'm not catholic, "with going to confession an all", that for some folk might be embarrassing!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join