It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 New theory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's not as if our Solar System is jumping onto a fast spinning fairground ride to be jolted off in a different direction. The extremely weak gravitational effects between us and anything we may be approaching will incur phenomenally slow changes relative to our perception. It is unlikely there will be any observable effect within the lifetime of our Sun.

Regarding 2012 - In ancient times astrology and astronomy were pretty much the same thing. Wise men looked to the heavens for control, stability and routine. No matter what changed on Earth itself, the passage of stars could always be relied upon to tell us when to plough the fields, sow the seed, reap the corn, dry the fruit etc. Man himself invented clocks and calendars. The astrological zodiac and the 26,000 year cycle in which the Earth passes through it, form the basis of a calendar that was used by almost all of the early civilisations including the Mayans, Sumerians, Tibetans, Egyptians, Hopi and Cherokee.

We are now approaching the end of the first cycle of that man-made calendar. It will be no more significant than a clock passing midnight. One day ends, another one begins. Nothing actually changes other than our 'labelling' it a different day - another rotation. The whole point of a 'circular' calendar is that it will always carry on, there is actually no 'end'.

Any amateur astronomer will tell you that no matter how much planets are in conjunction or how stars are aligned, it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on us.

[edit on 16/4/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Mr penny is right on this one!

Good thread!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Can someone please explain to me what or how exactly will this shift accure? Is this process going to hurt phsyicaly? or is it a mental shift, like feeling more peacefully etc i dont really understand sorry for sounding vague/naive

just wanted to add
I fully understand the science behind the shift IE: regarding our milky way and everything else i just don't get how "our selfs" our actual body's/minds are going to change, will this consciousness shift be a physical thing? or will it be like being able to do levitation, sykokenisis etc etc etc

[edit on 16-4-2008 by JOINTHERESISTANCE]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Interesting theory and I think that it can be very probable. I'll be on later to post more, but now I don't have the time, really sorry!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As science has recently discovered, when things line up in space and frequencies harmonize it triggers evolution of the genetic code. I agree in theory with the poster on that point. If this is a major harmonizing on galactic terms, then, the evolution of our RNA/DNA should be dramatic to say the least.

I believe we are in the disharmonized run up point to this fact. Kind of like the turbulence right before you break the sound barrier. Once, we break this barrier and everything lines up, I believe humankind will wake up, unify as a planetary force under universal equality and cast out our inefficient rulers who are in a race to destroy the world to prove their own point of view right. Unfortunately, we still have 3 1/2 more years of esscalating turbulence to go through, so that's a whole lot of destruction left.

I suggest that anyone who believes in science and reason prepare to duck and cover because the forces of good and evil are about to annihalate each other in the most darkened period of our collective human being. Those of us left who believe in the true freedom of the truth of the natural cycles of evolutionary understanding will then have no trouble gaining enlightenment and planetary peace. Our governments, groups and gods blame us, the common man, for all the waste and suffering, but I say, it's them that block us from achieving true virtue. If this harmonizing takes place then all sides will have to recognize the reality of our own existence.

Also, I would like to see someone explain the Quantum Conscious connection to the unifying of frequencies in the mind. I understand it but am not articulate enough to explain it all.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

" after billions years circling around it "

Billions? According to whom? This discovery you mention, are these the same guys that told us that the grand canyon took millions of years to form as well? Or are they just like minded scientists?

I'm sorry pal, I don't believe them, and I think this is just another lie, designed to set people up for the coming one world leader. Because we know there is a disaster coming, that'll have people looking for answers and poof, they'll have someone at the ready for those gullible and uninformed enough to fall for it.

There would have been a time when I would have "bit" on this one, kinda like "the star child" theory I heard in the 80's which really had me intrigued.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I hope you figure it out.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

Our brain operates on electro-magnetic pulses, the same as the earth, the same as the sun, and the same as the galaxy at large. I can't remember the specific reports, but science is pretty sure that even tiny minute changes in the fields is what causes our DNA/RNA to evolve. Evolution is mearly change in this structure in response to other outside stimuli. You can say that the moon going around the earth doesn't affect you but it still alters your genetic structure, regardless. Electro-magnatism doesn't care whether you believe in it or not, it is still electro-magnatism.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
that was a great read. the oddity of events and timing of such turbelence since the turn of the decade does points to explanations leading up to the 2012 shift and how it will effect every being on this planet.

The universe always had a profound effect on our everyday concoius.

Off topic, This will sound crazy.

But spinning faster around a galaxy or going nearer to the epi centre is a good thing or a bad thing?

The thought of me sitting on earth knowing im spinning in all directions frightens the crap out of me...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Dude this idea is only prevalent in the U.S. and some parts of Europe. Asians just don't believe this mostly because they havn't heard of it, the whole idea is a fabrication of the supersition. I can't believe how much people are taking this seriously because right now the world is fine other than some resource complications and racism we, are, fine.

2012,,, still beliving in those Mayans.

The thing is, have we seen those "theories" occur on other planets or solar systems?

[edit on 4/16/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by herbalepoch
As science has recently discovered, when things line up in space and frequencies harmonize it triggers evolution of the genetic code.

Gentle nudge here......because I like your username, and you haven't been here long....

Most of the membership here at ATS, prefers you link some sort of corroborating support to statements like that. Mainly for two reasons, primarily in order to expand the scope of knowledge here, and also as a measurement of how accurate the statement may be.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn

We are now approaching the end of the first cycle of that man-made calendar. It will be no more significant than a clock passing midnight. One day ends, another one begins. Nothing actually changes other than our 'labelling' it a different day - another rotation. The whole point of a 'circular' calendar is that it will always carry on, there is actually no 'end'.

Any amateur astronomer will tell you that no matter how much planets are in conjunction or how stars are aligned, it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on us.

[

Well, I have to politely disagree. Any amateur astrologer will tell you that conjunctions indeed are special; That there is an increase in energy pull. We see this all the time with our moon and tides, and how human fluids expand and flow more during full moons.

The fact that our 26,000 year earth precession just so happens to end on 12-21-12 and that we indeed will be positioned directly at the center of the milky way galaxy, is not an event of trivial significance. Too much has been written and prophesied about it and there ARE changes taking place in the human species. There IS an increasing awareness of our galactic consciousness going on. I see it and feel it. The fact that I am here writing on this forum is a proof to me. Something extraordinary will take place. Eventually, we ALL will know the truth. And we SHALL be set free.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by VenusOnTheHalfShell]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As tempting as it is to simply state.’not another 2012 scenario’ I have read a couple of articles about this and find it very interesting. The articles I read however, apart from the ones that are trying to propagate the 2012 phenomenon, do not actually make mention of 2012 only the fact that we appear to be approaching the midway point of our (this) galaxy.

In the same way that continents are moving, or our sun is ‘dying’ or the milkyway is on a collision course with the Andromeda galaxy. It is something that takes (by our terms) a very long time. Sure it will eventually happen but when? Also with the vast distances involved and the relatively tiny size of our solar system, would 4 years make that much of a difference? Are the calculations that precise? With the Milky way being roughly 12.000 LY thick so even if we were to travel at SOL there would only 4LY to travel which is a mere .03% of the whole width. I hope this makes sense or maybe someone can clarify this further. ( I am typing on the fly and am not by any means math wiz.

In short. intersting idea that has some merit but will wait till it happens before I get too worked up.

On a lighter note, I saw Nibiru mentioned earlier. (Had to happen on a thread like this) maybe it is NOT approaching us as has been suggested elsewhere but we are in fact approaching IT?!?!?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Dude this idea is only prevalent in the U.S. and some parts of Europe. Asians just don't believe this mostly because they havn't heard of it, the whole idea is a fabrication of the supersition.
[edit on 4/16/2008 by die_another_day]

Whoa sorry, the Asians also have many prohecies, involving "cycles", which is what the 2012 prohecy is about.
Follow link please

They may have never heard of the 2012 prophecy but they have similar prohecies.
I am sure, that the Aztecs, never heard of Jesus but the comparison made here is quite remarkable
The Quetzalcoatl Myth
Many more that are running around...too many to be a coincidence, or are they just that?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Sorry guys but I am severly confused. Every few days or so, someone comes up with new theories regarding what will happen on 2011, 2012 or 2013. I mean we can't even get the year right for starters.

I know the mayan calendar will end soon and that we are in the aquarius age but thats about all we agree to. Some say the allien federation is planning mass contact and enlightment. Others say the grays/reptilians are going to invade earth and finish the invasion they started millenia ago(?). Some speculate natural disasters such as earthquakes, asteroid impacts, tsunamis, etc. Others WW3!

Now I read we are not even part of the milky way galaxy but will enter in 2012 and that will enlighten us. To be frank, I cannot honestly say that any one of these theories is not very far fetched! Off course just because a theory is far fetched does not automatically disqualify it. Its just that most laymen with a bachelors degree or lower(such as myself) first have a hard time comprehending such matters and second we don't know which theory to believe, if any.

I suspect many others may be confused but are too embarrased to admit it.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!! But yeah, it is an interesting article. Who knows what will happen. Only time can tell

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm not a proponent of this idea, but that was very well presented. Flagged and starred.

Now that you have my interest, it would be nice to have some links to the facts all this came from? I'm a bit dodgy on the Mayan Calendar as it seems the Archeologists don't have evidence or think it ends. From what I've read earlier, avoiding bizarre sites, it does not end and it's just that it was not documented further.

Do you have any links to astronomy sites that document the convergence?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by herbalepoch

I've been fairly close to electromagnets many times and can assure you it didn't affect my DNA one little bit.

Hospital CT scanners have extremely powerful electromagnets within them. I don't think patient's DNA or even thought processes are affected in any way when they pass through these machines. I therefore fail to understand how any electromagnetism emanating from the centre of the milky way which is 300(with 15 zeroes after it) miles away, is going to affect us.

It's widely accepted that the Milky Way has a fairly large black hole at its centre, not an electro-magnet.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

The hype of dooms day is fear based and the ascension perdiction are
prophsied heresay, so it's time to stop the fear and speculation and
shed some real light of awareness on this situation with scientific proof.

Here is what you can prove with Science? Nothing because science is based theories.

And to boot all of our 5 senses can be deceived, so how can we really prove anything.

Answer: Everyone tries their best to understand and cope, so at this point just what we perceive to be so at that moment, with easily deceived physical senses.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VenusOnTheHalfShell

I did say 'any amateur astronomer' not 'astrologer' - there is a phenomenal difference.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

What makes you want to fight this so bad? Are you really that happy here? Then why not let your imagination have a chance for a change. See any change you wish to see, but please please please make it a change. Dont fight others, fight your own willingness to accept the hopelessness which is this life without faith of some kind in something. Find your version of truth and help those find truth, dont dismiss ideas for the sake of dismissal. I firmly beleive big change is coming as many many others do. Regardless of what it is, "Galaxy change" "Niburu" "Aliens". Frankly... pick one. I dont give a sht, im tired of this place and these people, ANY change is FUKING FANTASTIC!!!

To be reborn in a world that makes sense is my only true desire

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join