It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus' image creates stir at hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
An unexplained image in a hospital prayer garden window moved some people to tears and drew groups of people to a hallway before vanishing, according to witnesses. A crowd inside the Florida Hospital Medical Complex in Orlando snapped photos of the image apparently showing the profile of Jesus Christ crying.

Link

Does definitly look like a face. In my opinion it was an illusion created by just the right set of circumstances.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Eh all that stuff is bunk. Why would Jesus just randomly show up in a photo for no reason? How do they know it's Jesus? We really don't know whay He looks like and showing up in a photo really doesn't serve purpose. This belongs in Skunkworks, since there is no conspiracy infered.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well its a nice thought but lets think about the image for a second. If Jesus was born in the middle east wouldn't he have a more middle eastern look to him? Wasn't it the Catholic church that changed his appearance to make him look more Anglo...after all, they wouldn't want to have him seen looking like what they would have described as "non catholic" to put it politely.

Although it remains a mystery and theres no way to prove what he really looked like, whether this image is a hoax or not, it still has the power to give people hope and faith......can't be all that bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I was eating a pancake yesterday.. And It looked just like Jesus..
I saw a potatoe chip that looked just like the Virgin Marry.
Tastey they where!

But seriously. People see what they want to see. Its an illusion. I guess if it helps people get better in that place, then IM all for them feeling like Jesus or what ever is watching out for them.

The human mind makes it real. Thus I guess if it helps someone out, then so be it. But I never put to much stock into these kinds of things.
I just think of clouds with this kinda stuff.

Down here in Clearwater there is a building on Drew street. A water stain of the virgin mary popped up. No one ever shows you the car wash next door! It was a simple water stain. And now the church owns a very nice property on hwy 19, and charge people to come and see it.
Humans that see things, and then in turn charge people money to come and pay homage to these things are beyond me.

If someone starts making money off this. Then thats when it goes to far.
Shame on those people who make money off others who just want to belive they are not alone.
When the whole time, we have never been alone, and are not alone.
Yet in this life, we have been given this feeling. This feeling that maybe we are all alone. Yes its part of the test.. And I dont need some illusion or preacher who is after my money to know it in my heart.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think Osama looks more like Jesus than what the Catholics have painted Him to look like.
We gotta remember, He was a Nazerine.
They were a grizzly looking bunch.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Yeah, that's pretty rediculous, but that is the Catholic church for ya. Of course you have those kooks up and down I 35 that think it's some sorta prophesy and almost seem to worship it. Makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
I think Osama looks more like Jesus than what the Catholics have painted Him to look like.
We gotta remember, He was a Nazerine.
They were a grizzly looking bunch.
ooh,I remember when I tried to tell some fundy that Jesus (if he existed) would not have been white. He wouldn't have it,bless him

never know,this may be related to project bluebeam. or,just a random mass encounter where a crowd of people saw the same thing.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Nah, I don't think it has anything to do with a government project. I hate to say this about my own people, but most of the people that saw it were probably Mexican. At least the one that pointed it out was probably a Mexican. I'm part Mexican and from being around Mexicans my whole life, I can safely say that there culture is one full of delusions and exagerations. It's hard to find any truth when Mexicans report something, they always exagerate, every, single, piece of information. Not all Mexicans are this way though, most of them are this way, just because it is a cultural thing.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ha!

Nobody knows what Jesus looked like.... That looks like the white jesus everybody see's in sunday school kids books.

One of the above posters is probably correct in assuming Jesus would be a dark skinned, rugged, possibly skinny bloke who spent a lot of time fasting, praying and walking along mountains and deserts.

The sunday school books make him look like a hippy. Not that there's anything wrong with hippies and/or jesus, but c'mon...

I'm saying fake.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Ooo... i greatly disagree, there is definantly something wrong with hippies...

They don't bathe much and make no sense and accomplish nothing in life.
They can also be very angry and aggresive weirdos and pediphiles that say nasty things about young girls all the time.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I frequently find myself wondering why we never hear reports about a crowd of people gathering and weeping over a likeness of Ernest Borgnine appearing on a pop tart or a visage of Vincent Price livening up a bowl of stale potato salad (which happens FAR more frequently than you've been led to believe).

In my opinion the supernatural appearance of any person on an inanimate object is an appropriate reason for weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So why the discrimination?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Hahaha, good one, I've never heard of those people. Are the musicians?
People find Elvis in potatoes, chips and other stuff a lot, they find states and stuff like that too, even Jay Leno
They usually sell them for a huge amount of money on ebay.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

I believe the early Church took any references to the looks of Jesus away from texts because it was not very attractive for the Divine son of God.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think you have to include the place it appeared. If the image just appeared on a glass say in the front of the building, that would be one thing but this APPEARED IN THE CHAPEL.

That makes this more strange in my view.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by talisman]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i saw ted nugent on a billboard once, does that count?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
That could very well be. who would want to beliee in an ugly son of God. But considering the Catholic church of that time and its followers (England, France, Italy etc) to them the middle east was full of their enemies (Muslims and any other NON-Catholic/Christian) (the crusades). To show Jesus as he truly was would be to show him with the likeness of their enemies.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
reply to post by mr-lizard

Ooo... i greatly disagree, there is definantly something wrong with hippies...

They don't bathe much and make no sense and accomplish nothing in life.
They can also be very angry and aggresive weirdos and pediphiles that say nasty things about young girls all the time.

Erm.. I dunno what the hippies are like in Texas, but apart from the 'not bathing' thing, that's a rather offensive generalisation....

The hippies I know are quite lovely sorts, with a lot of time for people, they are hard workers, have families of their own and are certainly not paedophiles.

That'd be like saying EVERY priest has had sex with a choir boy, offensive and not at all true.

Maybe that's a common occurence in Texas, but that's just another reason NOT to visit America.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Considering those who saw this image were comforted in some way is enough for me.

People need comfort in their lives especially when they are suffering in hospital.

What is wrong with allowing people to be uplifted in times of pain? What is so wrong with allowing people to believe something that gives them joy?

The hospital is calling it an unexplained image.

An official said as long as the image makes people feel good, that is all that matters, Local 6's Charnel Wright said.

Witnesses said after a few hours, the image vanished.

www.local6.com...

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The Shroud of Turin is why the mythical figure known as Jesus of Nazereth is portrayed as long-haired and bearded...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Matthew 24;

23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it.

24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.

25 Look! I have forewarned YOU.

26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it.

27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join