It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft experts, can you analyze this pic?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am wondering what type of planes are leaving these trails over the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles county. I've been documenting them with pics for a while and today I finally caught a pic of the plane doing it.

Please email me if you want the original uncropped file.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They look like the standard exhaust plumes you get from aircraft.

See how they get 'fluffy' further back?
That's a sign that the fumes are already beginning to dissipate.

Chemtrails are said to hang in the air for hours and have an almost defnite different appearance.

I think that chemtrails would also begin to appear much closer to the aircraft as well, as the chemicals are not heated and therefore wouldn't need time to cool before becoming visible.

Nice attempt. Keep your eyes open and happy hunting.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I am keeping my eyes open and they are doing this 3-4 times per week and the trails do last for hours and hours. As a matter of fact I took these photos over an hour ago and they are still there, along with more. I document them on camera as much as I can. They appear in grid patterns everytime they happen. Now I doubt commercial airplanes have time to plan grid patterns over our skies.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Looks like a chemtrail to me . They seem to grow in diameter once disburst and maintain their position. Here in Kansas it happens very frequently. I have read something to do with weather control, spreading aluminum particles with what ever other chemicals they are using. This is exactly what they look like. www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The cloud pictured arced over the sky from eastern to western horizon. I watched it form; via the same type of aircraft pictured in the OP; to my untrained eye... with the same type of initial exhaust. The prop plane few under it about 2 hours later. It formed around 9 AM and the photo was taken at 11 AM. 4 or 5 other stripes similar filled the sky by noon. The series of clouds "dissipated" into an afternoon haze.

Such clouds; contrails; chemtrails... whatever you need to call them to keep yourself sane... form regularly over Pensacola... maybe once a week... usually east to west; and on days when it is happening... there are usually several side by side.

March 2008, Pensacola

Sri Oracle

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Could it be the same type as this guy(maybe even going the same way)? I think it's an F18, but I could be wrong.

(taken April 7 08)
Where's Zaphod when you need him?

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

Could it be the same type as this guy(maybe even going the same way)? I think it's an F18, but I could be wrong.

(taken April 7 08)
Where's Zaphod when you need him?

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Shakesbeer]
Yeah your way off base.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My guess is that it’s a SouthWest 737.
The reason being that the body appears to have a slight orange hue to it in the zoomed in photo. Of course its almost impossible to tell for certain when they are at that altitude.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
My guess is that it’s a SouthWest 737.
The reason being that the body appears to have a slight orange hue to it in the zoomed in photo. Of course its almost impossible to tell for certain when they are at that altitude.

I would have to agree. It is a commercial airliner, and it does resemble a 737. And most likely vapor trails. Which is, the super-heated exhaust from the jet engine that vaporizes water molecules which precipitate a stream of tiny ice crystals in moist, frigid upper air. Depending on the temperature and humidity level up high, the vapor trails will be long lasting or vanish quickly. Wind speed would also play a factor on how long a vapror trail will hang around.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Your pic is an F/A-18, but the plane in the op certainly is not. This looks like a noraml commercial airliner aircraft.

Long cry as well, don't believe that the normal contrails and air off the wings are the same thing.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
So what is the purpose of 737 flying grid patterns in the sky over various cities? Seems like a big waste of expensive fuel to do some loopty loos.

Does anyone know what type of plane they plan on using to disperse the pesticide in N. California for that moth?

aftermathnews.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It's not a grid, many of flights are in the air everyday, and sometimes they cross paths, not necessarily at the same time, but they do.

Should take a look at flight routes sometime, I believe you'll find it quite interesting, it's not even 70% close to the flights that are out there, but it will give you an idea.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
it often seems to me that they fly the same path many times and each time the cloud drifts before they spray that line again... as they drift across the sky you get the multiple east west lines.... then occasionally they criss cross. Its like they are using the predetermined commercial flight patterns and then just dumping something at a given altitude; especially over major cities.

I would love for anyone to explain how the "contrail" in the picture with the prop plane formed without the use of chemical additives.

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Propeller air craft leave contrails just like other planes. In particular turboprop aircraft are just jet engines geared to a prop instead of a "fan" It's like a VERY high by pass ratio Turbofan. Most commuter planes don't venture up to the altitude required to produce the effect so pictures are rarer but exist.
Also a propeller can cause an effect called the Prandtl-Glauert singularity similar to that in the F-18 picture.
There are hundreds of WWII pictures of prop aircraft leaving contrails at altitude. Which picture were you referencing, Sri Oracle? Maybe we can figure out which type was produced.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
Which picture were you referencing, Sri Oracle? Maybe we can figure out which type was produced.

5th post on page... prop plane flying under an existing "contrail"

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you meant a photo of a prop plane leaving a contrail.
My explanation for the photo would be pretty boring, I'm afraid. You live in Pensacola where humidity is relatively high. You're going to see alot of contrails because the conditions are right for them at altitude (low temp, high humidity). OzWeatherman would have a more technical explanation, but that would be mine. The process really isn't much different than the "fog" you see from your cars' exhaust when the temperature is very cold.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
That was taken on a clear dry day... no other clouds in the sky; fire hazard forecast.

Comparing the size of the craft that formed the trail to the size of the prop plane it was at least 2-3x higher altitude and in the picture it appears more than 10x the wingspan of the prop plane.

if the prop plane had a 50' wingspan... that cloud is likely 50x10x2.5 = 1250; quarter mile wide.

I don't understand how something that big and wide could be formed by a condensing contrail off a high altitude jet.

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ok I've started a journal of trails! Im also documenting them with pictures, directions and weather.

If it were normal flight patters we would see them just about every day. I see them only 3-4 days per week and almost NEVER on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If you look at airline schedules not all flights fly every day. Some flights only fly Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, or Tuesday and Thursday. And some days may not have the right conditions for persistant contrails.

As for the OP, there are three possibilities. A 737, an A319, or an Embraer 190. All are regular commercial airliners, and all look similar when seen from a distance. Unfortunately the picture was taken too far away to be able to tell conclusively which it is or what airline it is for.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm just going to say it: chemtrails are BS. CONDENSATION trails (contrails) are quite normal under the right conditions. If taking pictures of airplanes is your hobby, then that's cool. But if you are elevating your anxiety levels because of this and whipping yourself into a frenzy, then I'd have to say that your energies are much better spent doing something constructive, as opposed to destructive. Relax - everything's OK.

Just my $.02US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join