It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World According to Monsanto - A documentary that Americans won't ever see.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Hello

I have a thought,

if Monsanto "owns" the patent can they claim the cross pollinated plants as theirs as it now contains "their" gene? If so would a subsidy have to be paid?

frightening video

thanks

david

[edit on 15/4/2008 by drevill]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

we'll have a seed black market soon.

www.sovereignty.org.uk...

david

[edit on 15/4/2008 by drevill]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Excellent thread Rabbit, Monsanto may very well top the list of the most dangerous, deceitful and lets face it evil corporations ever and that's no easy feat.

I believe the corporate threat to humanity and the earth is the most serious and frightening of them all, it's not hidden, it's right in your face, but still most people are ignorant to it.

If you haven't seen it, watch "The Corporation" it's been around for a while and has won many awards, an excellent but disturbing documentary. Of course Monsanto gets featured, particularly concerning the bovine growth hormone which I believe is STILL in use in the states, (I really hope that's not true).

Everyone on the planet needs to watch this film. It's a 3hr film so here's a youtube link to the video broken into 23 parts.
www.youtube.com...

I've had enough and I'm ready to fight!
www.thecorporation.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by drevill... if Monsanto "owns" the patent can they claim the cross pollinated plants as theirs as it now contains "their" gene? If so would a subsidy have to be paid?

Interesting question, drevill... I think most of us would agree that Monsanto would certainly try to make that claim, and it most likely would be upheld if reviewed by our corrupt courts.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvieAnyone know who Monsanto's founders were? I wouldn't be surprised to see some names from the 1940s' Bayer or IG Farben ranks on the list...

Wow! Awsome job with all the added info everyone! And a big star to Grinder on this thread

And a very good inquiry, sylvie... not sure if you caught the Rumsfeld, Searle-Monsanto connection in my second or third post here... so start from Searle if you look. I will try to find time later to do so myself, as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Just an interesting sidebar...

I work at the Home Depot, where money is being laudered through some of the most wasteful packaging I've ever seen (yet they still have the nerve to cut freight team into part time positions while working practically full time anyway), and we have an aisle of mostly cleaning products and an aisle of mostly pesticides parallel to each other.... and I get really nervous packing out freight in those aisles, because a lot of that stuff is powder, and a lotta times, the bags or little cans they come in are not sealed well enough. You can smell it all over yourself, you can feel the residue on your hands, and it literally makes me sick to work in that ailse.
It's hilarious to me that we're "Thinking Green", yet at the same time, we have a whole aisle dedicated to plant poisoning.

I checked today, and we sell plenty-o-RoundUp. It makes me wonder about our CEO and the top shareholders. We're still selling these horribly deadly chemicals that make you sick just being near them, yet we've got this whole rediculous "going green" campaign thing. The only thing that's gone green is a line of Ryobi power tools (Note: they're literally green in color... teheh).

I often wonder (and I more or less have woken and can smell the roses here) if this "going green" B.S. propaganda brainwashing campaign here in the States is just a distraction thought up by heads of Monsanto and the likes, to keep people looking the other way at some hybrid cars and some bottles with flowers on them, while the pollution just continues to get worse and people continue to die because of the poisoning of the environment.

What does a corporation that owns everything in the world need with more wealth? They already have the world in the palm of their hand....well not yet, but they are getting there. Corporations frighten the dickens outta me, because once you study them and see just how much of everything is controlled by these handful of behemoths, you start to see that profit is not the main goal of these corporations. Profit is just kinda like the battery that motivates the machine to complete it's main objective, which is total control.

Once they have the market cornered in one area, they expand and corner the next market, and the next, and the next, and the next, until you have a company like Monsanto... who has every market cornered, even if it's indirectly.... and its scary because corporations cannot be put on trial for murder. They have all the same rights as people, except for some reason, they are completely exempt from responsibility, as long as the check is big enough..... and the check can be as big as they want it. The same people who own the corporations own the banks and the right to print currency.

They have one weakness, though. Their power supply has free will.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here's some good news.

Genetically-modified crops are not the solution to spiralling food prices or Third World hunger, according to a powerful international report published yesterday.
Questions remain over their effects on human health and the environment, it warns.
Sixty governments, private industry, scientists, consumer groups and social campaigners have delivered a blueprint for global agriculture for the next 50 years.
It delivers a remarkable snub to "Frankenstein Foods" and the industrialisation of farming while offering a boost to organic and small-scale agriculture....

.....In recent months, GM companies, trade bodies and associated scientists have issued a deluge of propaganda suggesting biotech crops are the key to feeding the Third World.
Professor Watson and his team made clear that GM or transgenics - moving genes between plant species - was not the solution to providing plentiful cheap food.
He said: "Are transgenics the simple answer to hunger and poverty? I would argue, no."

And some bad news for many of us here.

The report was published simultaneously in the UK, Washington, Delhi, Paris, Nairobi and a number of other cities.

The U.S. government was joined by Canada and Australia, which are also supporters of GM farming, in refusing to sign up to the initiative.

Bodies representing global biotech companies, which include the likes of Monsanto, also walked out of discussions on the report after failing to get their way.

The UK Government has not yet signed up the report but Professor Watson indicated it has the full support of the Prime Minister.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

While Australia says we only produce gm cotton, the supermarket shelves are filled with gm ingredients. There was one experimental crop of pineapples that I know of grown close to where I live, activists broke in and ripped them all out.

The corporate infringement on food and water can not be tolerated.
The "externalities" as they are called, are disease and death.
The corporate view weighs up these externalities against the estimated profit margin.
The cost of lawsuits, environmental fines, bribes and criminal fines are less than the estimated profit outcome, so they do it anyway.
And your not going to see it to it's full extent of it on the NEWS brought you by such and such.

There's your war, famine, pestilence and death right there, also brought to you by such and such. This is THE 100% real conspiracy story.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by squiz]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

This is why i am losing faith in our corporations,our senators,congress,
they have no moral fiber,then live in fantasy world coursty of the lobbyist
who bought their souls,and all expense trip to doom.

terrorists are the ones who recklessly kill people right,then why aren't they being arrested.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Absolute nightmare

the food is the worlds, greedy greedy gits!

you cant trust organic foods

this is part of a reply from my supplier

It isn't possible to guarantee that any particular piece of fruit or veg
hasn't been contaminated since both plant viruses or pollen could
conceivably transfer DNA from a GM crop growing nearby. This possibility
can only be prevented by never growing GM crops anywhere outdoors. A
variety of activists are campaigning for this in the UK but have not been
successful in getting GM trials banned.

In Britain the Food Standards Agency (FSA) has developed tests to detect
the presence of GM material in most foods where it might be present

www.food.gov.uk...

but only a handful of laboratories have the expertise to carry out these
tests and they are too expensive to carry out routinely.

what am i eating??? i dont know and neither does the FSA by the sounds of it.

david

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Gordon brown is an idjeet IMHO he just seems so lost as PM

david

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

From your source

Bodies representing global biotech companies, which include the likes of Monsanto, also walked out of discussions on the report after failing to get their way.

Awww... da wittle babies not get there waaay...?

There's your war, famine, pestilence and death right there, also brought to you by such and such. This is THE 100% real conspiracy story.

Rev. 6:8, if I am not mistaken.

And concerning Monsanto, going back to Searle...
Wiki

Searle was founded in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1888. The founder was Gideon Daniel Searle. In 1908, the company was incorporated in Chicago. In 1941, the company established headquarters in Skokie, Illinois. It was acquired by the Monsanto company in 1985.

So, it seems to me that a company started in 1888 is definitely one hell of a corrupt entity by now, and 'in bed' with so many aspects of the 'shadow world' that it is most likely immune from... anything. No laws... no rules... do what ya' want. Someone feel free to delve further on that info.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am not sure if it is mentioned in all the links/videos mentioned earlier in this thread, but it's interesting to notice that Monsanto is one of the financing organizations of that large Seed Vault that is built on the Norwegian island of Spitsbergen.

en.wikipedia.org...

My thoughts about this are summarized with two words: backup copy.

A backup copy for if their plans totally mess up certain plant species.

Very scary.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Great vid!

Immoral big-business in cahoots with the government. Untempered capitalism and the definition of Fascism.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I thought rabbitchaser posted this.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I sent the link out to my whole address book.

Most of my friends and family are so sure that there could NEVER be a conspiracy - with corporations and the government...to control us completely, kill us off with ease...

Why do you think they have that seed repository? I bet there are no GM seeds THERE! Geez.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
These are two of my threads that go right along with this. (To the OP, please feel free to cross-link your thread if you stop by.)

Codex Alimentarius (Mandate That Will Starve 3 Billion People to be In Place by 12/31/09)

"Let them eat cake!"

[edit on 4/14/0808 by jackinthebox]

Jack... You just gave me...another key.

I am humbled, for until now.... I didn't know about Codex.

Dear Gods! How could I have not seen that. It's going out to everybody I know. I'm on the email post haste.

That not only fits SO damned well into the picture I have been seeing...it snapped into place with such phenomenal ease, I was shaking from it.

There was not one thing in the entire film that I went...well, maybe THAT isn't right on the money. On the contrary...

I'll be back. Got some action to take.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

No problem. This is the thread I posted it in, oddly enough.. you were one of the only people to respond to it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't post there because I was redirected here. I also emailed the link to this to everyone. Sorry. Codex caught me off guard. Oh everyone *I* know is gonna know about THAT!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Investors are the pesticide or "Roundup" of any malignant and malicious corporation. Monsanto could be retired within a few hours if investors had a conscience that prioritized human, agricultural, and environmental concerns over money. Monsanto's tactics stem from its sworn fiduciary duty to its investors. Monsanto is sworn to generate a return on the investments made by its investors. That's it. Nothing else. Investors could demand an ethical, accountable, transparent Monsanto and it would have to oblige. Yet, how many investors do you know who are willing to say no to more money?

What would be the impact on the world's food supply if farmers around the world stopped planting Monsanto's seeds and using its pesticides?

The World According To Monsanto delivers a deeply troubling message. As the Monsanto employee expressed at the end of the documentary, "We suspect that there is nothing positive that would come of our participation in an interview or the documentary." That really sums it up.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Thanks for the video, I'm not that far into it yet but it's awesome seeing a documentary that you are so intimately involved in. flagged.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by beaverg

Thanks for the video, I'm not that far into it yet but it's awesome seeing a documentary that you are so intimately involved in. flagged.

My pleasure (if that's the proper term in this case) but I'm just out here stumbling onto things like everyone else
Good to see this thread still alive and folks passing things like this along to others who are not ATS members. Slowly, people are waking...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join