It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the OBamas change the decor in the Whitehouse?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Will the Obamas change the decor of the Whitehouse by changing everything to African American, African style art design if elected? Will this create an uproar or do you think the masses will agree with the change if it takes place? Will the complexion of who comes and goes in and out of the Whitehouse change along with the decor? These are only questions to get everyones opinion of how it could effect our nation if Obama is elected. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

What are you expecting? Velvet paintings of naked black chicks with afros? Shag carpet? Posters of Notorious B.I.G.?

Tell me what you would describe as African American art specifically?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
every president and their family add changes to the white house every new term. certain things are historic and valuable. Obama is an american with different family history from me as i have different from you. it doesn't mean that if i or you where elected we would throw it all out and redecorate an awesome pad to artistically represent ourselves. look deeper in yourself and see what you truly fear. i doubt its interior design.

link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
What are you expecting? Velvet paintings of naked black chicks with afros? Shag carpet? Posters of Notorious B.I.G.?

Trade the limo in for a purple Caddy with monkey fur interior. (geez, which Cheech and Chong was that one from?)

link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Will the Obamas change the decor of the Whitehouse by changing everything to African American, African style art design if elected? Will this create an uproar or do you think the masses will agree with the change if it takes place? Will the complexion of who comes and goes in and out of the Whitehouse change along with the decor? These are only questions to get everyones opinion of how it could effect our nation if Obama is elected. Rik Riley

Whaaa?

Im not sure what your expecting to hear. I think your hoping that people think they will go to the extreme by going all crazy with African themes all over the place. The perception to think that they will do something contrary to what the previous 40 families have done in the White House is absurd. Im sure they will have many more African themed pieces, but they will probably be very classy and very nicely done.

I dont see Obama as purely an African American. I see him as an American who happens to be part black.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Trade the limo in for a purple Caddy with monkey fur interior. (geez, which Cheech and Chong was that one from?)

Heck, if he goes this far, Im expecting him to completely dress like the cheapest pimp ever.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If Lil Bush didnt put a ranch out back and Jimmy Carter didnt plant peanuts there what makes you think....aww forget it.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It won't affect our nation the way they decorate the white house. It will be their home... the only thing I see Obama changing though is this country, and IF he is elected I am hoping it is for the better.(Not holding out much hope for anyone I want in office... but I am still going to vote in case it does make a diffrence.]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What an utterly stupid and rednecked thing to even consider.

Yes, I'm sure they will affect the decor of the White House. No, I don't think you have a clue what that effect will be. Yes, I think every other Presidential couple has affected it as well. For instance, it had a lot less stuff when the sticky-fingered Clintons left.

Oh, wait, she's the alternative to the "fro-effect" you seem to have some phobia of...hmmm.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Well, I don't mind saying "Yes, all of the above that you stated.

AND......the White House will probably be painted "Orange".

[edit on 13-4-2008 by MagicaRose]

[edit on 13-4-2008 by MagicaRose]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thanks for your input as I suspected some would take these questions as offensive. My intentions were to get everyones opinion, and yes I feel the OBamas will replace many of the photographs and art displays. I feel Martin Luther King's picture will be a prominent photograph on display as well as Nelson Mandela's picture and George Washington Carver. I feel different groups of African tribal dress photos old and new will be on display as well as the villages, spears and shields of the different tribes. I can see many civil rights historic figures photos such as Rosa Parks. Rik Riley

[edit on 13-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Will there be any photographs of famous moslems in the Whitehouse? What flags will be on display? Will there be any Lenin or Stalin Marxist pictures on display?
Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

Yeesh, Obama is not Muslim, he's Chrsitian, or havn't you been paying attention to all the press his preachers been getting lately?
as for flags... probably the same ones that have always been on display. I don't get you're point here, Obama's American, with all that entails.
Why Lenin and Marx? He's not a communist either, note the fact that he's religiouse, if not Muslim.
There well may be a picture of Martin Luther Kin Jr. added, I don't think there is one currently in the White House, but a president of mixed Eruopean and African heritage in the White House would definetly be a triumph for civel rights.
Would he surround himself with tribal artifacts? Well, does he now?
He doesn't seem to, so I doub it. Most likely he'll add some thing, just like every president has, and will continue to do after him.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
My prediction is that no, Obama will not change the decor in the Whitehouse, because he will not be our next president.

edit=spacing

[edit on 13-4-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This post is rather offensive... really.

People are dieing daily, people are loosing their home-daily, people are being imprisoned and potentially tortured...

And you are asking if Obama will turn the White House into the Black House????

Are you serious?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
to the original question:
yes, they will. anyone among the current presidential candidates will most likely change the decor to fit and/or reflect their personal tastes.

Will there be any photographs of famous moslems in the Whitehouse? What flags will be on display? Will there be any Lenin or Stalin Marxist pictures on display?

is the above quote supposed to bait other posters who might have different political views and preference of presidential candidate than the OP? if so, then i suggest re-reading the T&C.

1g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Rik Riley

I'm really not one for one-line posts but all I can think of after reading that is "HUH?????"

Can you please explain what you're getting at here?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
How is this a conspiracy? What difference is it going to make if they change drapes or the carpeting???

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Thanks for your input as I suspected some would take these questions as offensive. My intentions were to get everyones opinion, and yes I feel the OBamas will replace many of the photographs and art displays. I feel Martin Luther King's picture will be a prominent photograph on display as well as Nelson Mandela's picture and George Washington Carver. I feel different groups of African tribal dress photos old and new will be on display as well as the villages, spears and shields of the different tribes. I can see many civil rights historic figures photos such as Rosa Parks. Rik Riley

[edit on 13-4-2008 by rikriley]

Are you serious man? All this time on this site and this is the most important topic you could think about? I would like to say, that I think you should not post any thing on this site, as your topic seems not only extremely petty, but also racist and useless. Why are people even responding to this guy, do your part dont respond to this ridiculous non sense. First of all, im sure that changing these things aren't even a thought on his mind. Second, changing of any of these things is an extremely petty issue. Lastly but not least(ly), it is extremely racist to think that black people only respect black "heroes". You do know that dont you?

This is my last post on useless issues, but please people dont give these people replies...

This belongs in belowtopsecret.com check it out riley, your petty opinions and racist thinking is not warranted on a site dedicated to denying ignorance. If you agree, dont respond im right, just end this petty thread altogether. Search for truth yourself. Start with reasearching ancient civilizations. Really puts things into perspective and also will lead you to tons of other information very relevant for this very time. Good luck all those seeking real truth. Riley please get out of their way.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I like Obama, but I still think this is pretty funny. How about a car up on blocks and a velvet portrait of Elvis? Wait! That's my house!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join