It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gamers ruin Online Play?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
anyone found when a Game is hosted on xbox live its by someone accross the pond in the US the game seems to get very laggy?

Gow ,call of Duty and all other live games?

[edit on 13-4-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yep its chronic
Most are also rude well on halo3 anyway.90% of the time i have my mic off coz its a waste of time talking to people on there.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
As a Canadian, I actually have the same problem at times when I play with someone on your side of the pond. Not always, but most times a gamer is from the other side.. they have a bit of a lag. Most of my online gaming experience lately is with NHL '08, and I usually stick to the Canadian rooms. Strong connections and a bit of hockey knowledge to boot.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Kind of funny thing when i play australians no problem and they are further. If you ask anyone the problem lies with the broadband they get in the US IF this looks short its because i am replying on a phone

edit: add more
back home

to colaberate what i meant if you ask any gamer in any country apart from the US , they will say they get lagged out by US gamers more then they would anyone outside the US.

and to add more the US internet is way behind us when it comes to speed.
in most places they are lucky to get decent speeds.

reply to post by Azador

i agree.
the amount of abuse most US gamers give when i play COD4 or gears of war
some can be decent and you can talk to others are just blaintantly asking to be cussed back. (one thing that supprises is me is the amount of people that take the piss out of britain and british people)

[edit on 13-4-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's been a while since I played online, but when I was on WoW I found that most people were polite/kind/non-abusive. At least to me anyway.

There were also plenty of people who were jerks, but I never really listened or paid attention that closely. Most of them were just in search of some fun however, and were as polite as anyone would be in person.

I think its more of a person problem then a US problem as far as that aspect is concerned.
I can't really say about the rest of it. I suppose thats one of the reasons they have different servers/rooms for different countries. Better connection and stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Meh, depends on how old. Most US gamers are pretty cool.

Plus, why are you playing on a console? You're just inviting yourself to play with kids.

If you really want to game with the pros, do it on a PC.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
and to add more the US internet is way behind us when it comes to speed.
in most places they are lucky to get decent speeds.

Australia is far worse than the US our highest speeds are 24 Mbps and most of us are still on 2 Mbps cable or 512K. It's deplorable.
On top of that I'm fairly certain we are the only country that has download limits i.e when i have used 10 gb of bandwidth i get shaved to 64K until the end of the month.

The new P.M thinks hes going to fix it but until 1 company (looking at you Telstra) releases its monopoly on network infrastructure in this country we will all be slaves at they're teet.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh ya and the fact that once an American loads up a game they instantly become a hooting dickhole. Case and point have you every played WoW on a US server? look at the US forums compared to the EU forums and you will get what I mean.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Plus, why are you playing on a console? You're just inviting yourself to play with kids.

If you really want to game with the pros, do it on a PC.

I guess you haven't played Counter-Strike uh?

From my own personal experience there's absolutely no difference in the age of PC and console players.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

Eh, yeah there are idiots in CS:S, but they are treated as such.

In my old server, we'd global mute annoying kids. I had voteban on just in case someone came on when no admin was on.

It's just a fact that PC gamers are more savvy than console gamers. It only makes sense. Why pay $500 for something that's going to be obsolete in a few years, and only plays game? You can build a decent computer for $500 and upgrade it as needed.

Consoles are for the birds.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
It's just a fact that PC gamers are more savvy than console gamers.

I believe that's a small minority. Most of console gamers have a PC as well. I'm going to say that about 90%+ of them have computers nowadays.

Why pay $500 for something that's going to be obsolete in a few years, and only plays game? You can build a decent computer for $500 and upgrade it as needed.

Well, with a $500 computer you won't be able to play any of the latest games. And nowadays with a 2 year old computer you won't even be able to enjoy the latest games without some sort of reduced quality/speed.

In comparison, with a $250-400 console, you'll play the latest games for 4-5 years, with a 'constant quality' (if that makes sense to you).

I've always had computers, but I still prefer to play certain types of games on my consoles rather than on my PC and vice-versa.

Basically, I use my PC to play FPS and RTS. Everything else I prefer to play on consoles.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

i have

PC (expensive custom built)
perfect for gaming

i just tend to stick with my console
and use my laptop more these days

also my pc takes up far to much space.

can u see mgs and other games on PC?

ps counter strike rules esp zombie servers

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
For some reason, I think that it's Turkish people that ruins online gameplay. I used to play this MMORPG and yeh... it was a bad, bad experience. I was literally an alms stand and a trash can.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I play Motorstorm online using the Oceanic room, don't know if the server is based south of the equater........i'm in the UK as my name suggests, never found any lag at all.

As for playing online against our American cousins, well unless you get to know them then the majority are "yee haa" wild west cowboys and dicks, I guess that comes from growing up in the worlds main superpower, maybe not so super now.

Slanging apart, your game will only play as fast as the server you are playing from, if the server is crap then your game will suffer.

As for the statement about most online players do it thru their pc's, b0!!0x
I run a games dedicated pc and use a PS3, there are some better games to play on the pc but at the same time consoles do hold advantages too over pc's and the online games.

Wolfie

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
ya, suuurre... it's only the americans that act like jerks behind an anonymous screen name...

continue bashing...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
As an American it's my opinion that it's not so much us Americans in general it is an age thing. Every time I've played online and had a problem with someone I could tell that they were a kid or early teenager. I think the issue is that here in the US we seem to have a lot of kids playing online these days. I'm not sure how it is in the UK, but the amount of American kids playing might explain the issues you guys have been having.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

Maybe not so super now?

As he uses his computer with an intel or AMD chipset.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I usually try get an hour or so online at nights when i can, and i must say that the connection with Americans on COD (xbox live) is terrible.

However due to the fact that almost every game i have played with an American they are nothing but a complete pain in the ass, constantly causing arguments and generally acting like a bunch of arses! I always end up muting 3/4 of the people in the game! I go online to enjoy playing a game and have a laugh, not to be abused by some kid who never leaves the house!

Not all Americans are like this, its generally the younger kids and teenagers, but stick them all together and it gets unreal!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bro.CNiblo

Yeah, play on PC. Server operators specifically make sure that 15y/o kids don't run their mouth in their servers.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Think Xbox need to do something like this, it's unreal sometimes

top topics

<<   2 >>

join