It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas School Suspends Student for Answering Call in Class From Dad in Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Don't assume. You have no idea how many kids went to my school that had evening jobs to pay for it because their parents couldn't afford it even with aid. It was a damn good school, one the students truly wanted to be in.

If it becomes apparent that some students are being abusive deal with them on an individual basis. This collectivist notion that everyone must suffer for the actions of a few is what drives people to lash out when they get fed up with being oppressed. Treat people responsibly and they will act responsibly.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
To those who think that schools should stop teaching and sit around twidling their thumbs while kids take cell phone calles, I say NONSENSE!! I do not care if it is a soldier or anyone else, if they want to talk to their kids, let them call at home after school OR get permission from the school to remove the kid for talking when the time of the call happens, IF it could not be made any other time.

So HALF of the students have a parent in Iraq? Sounds like a meatgrinder of a town for the NWO cabal!! Even so, if 20 parents in Iraq decide to call during school hours, should the school simply close down while the kids grab cellphones in class to see if Daddy is calling? If you make ANY exceptions, there will be chaos. Kids will tell their dad's to call during school hours so they can skip a class, typical kid stuff, no doubt.

Our soldiers are in Iraq because of LIES and criminal actions on the part of the Neocon cabal...sorry, but if you volunteer to go join the service and buy the lies, then you will get what you deserve from the criminals in charge. If you volunter to go kill Iraqui's because Bush and his gang lie, then so be it....join them. But do not expect to be made heroes for believing the lies and joining the war on America ( which is all this really is ) then there will be some hard times, for sure. Among them are not being able to be with your family. And schools are NOT for interruptions so soldiers can chat with the kid's whenever it suits them. Cell phones are banned in school? Then banned is banned, and the kid was wrong to have one on in class.

What about a kid whose Dad is a businessman overseas and cannot come home often? Why cannot HE interrupt class to say Hi to his kids as well? Does the job title change the way we see people? Soldiers are NOT in the highest risk profession; it is more dangerous to be a fisherman in Alaska than a soldier in Iraq, proven. Why not let fishermen call and stop class as well? I mean, if the danger of the job is the standard...

When men of peace and intellect are valued above killers and drones who simply follow orders blindly and stupidly, including murder, then the job deserves no more respect than any other. They take a paycheck and they volunteered, so why all the moaning about thgeir hard times...thats what they signed on for!! Now when they cannot get the day shift they just call any old time..even during school hours!! And don't let anyone tell you that the soldiers cannot get to a phone, they have plenty and emial as well.

So some kid who has no respect for the rules violates them and so many want him to be lionized for breaking the rules...awful. Let him learn that just because his parent bought the lie and serves the cabal that he doesn't get any slack, at least from me, and obviously not from the schools either.There are ways to deal with things and stopping class and violating rules is NOT the way to deal with it.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
reply to post by apc

So your saying its ok for the "rich responsible" (private schooled) cause there only doing it for the "right reasons"..?

that is an unfair statment to say that "rich responsible" "private schooled) you are implying that to be private schooled you need to be rich and responsible which is far from the case. I am not rich but I send my kids to private school so they dont have to deal with the crap at public schools that I endured. I also send them to private school becasue they recieve a much better education, I also send them to private school becasue they are allowed freedom of thought and freedom of religion. I am far from rich and I scarifice everyday so I can afford to send my kids to get a better education than that my governmant can give them. How do I do it? I do it by not making hundreds of thousands of dollars I do it by responsibly manging my money and staying out of debt. Sometimes that means no eating out on $50.00 dinners or foregoing not buying the latest play station but I do it and I do it with a lot less money than the selfish ones that say they can not afford private school while they drive around with tow car payments, creditcard payments, and a closet full of crap that the materialistic world tells them they need in order to be happy.

But what about the ones who are going to exploit this ? How do you regulate and differentiate?

By using our god given intelligence

Heck I'm only saying this cause i know i would use this stuff to get away with anything i could at 12-17. You cant expect the kids to regulate them selfs.

As would I, and no you can not expect kids to regulate themselves but you can use your wisdom and intelligence to see the differance.

"Public schools are always the ones with these asinine policies. They're also the schools cranking out the dropouts. Correlation?"

Hence he need for private schools

Didn't bush go to Harvard or some crap? If he is what "private schools" are cranking out . Were (our kids) better off with public schools.

You can not use Bush as an argument about private schools just as you can not use Bill gates as an argument to drop out of college

Hmm anyone care to help me out on how to use quotes this way? I seem to be missing a piece of code.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by photobug]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by photobug

What if what if what if. I don't live my life based on What if's and neither should you. Sure two parents at home is an ideal situation but the world does not follow a cookie cutter and the military is not the only place of employment that seperates children from their fathers. The fact that this kid has two parents, even if one is away, is still far better than those with deadbeat dads or moms. your argument of having two parents is totally off the issue and is another attempt to confuse the issue at hand.

So your the type that lights a fuse and stands there not wondering if the dynamite may kill you ?
Im happy i think about things and ponder what may happen next.

How can you prove he was in Iraq? What kind of question is that. Have you ever heard of caller ID, Call logs etc. I'm sure that since this issue was dropped the parents were able to prove that he was indeed talking to his dad in Iraq.

Sure so who checks every caller id ? Are YOU going to do it for EVERY school? And i say dumb stuff ? lol

I understand the resonings behind banning cell phone use in class. This incident could have been handled entirely differantly for a much better outcome. Do you really think the kid would blatently take a phone call in class if it was just a friend or perhaps your dealer.

Yes

The school jumped the gun on this without thought and I'm sure the principal was only doing what you would have done. The rule is no cell phone usage you broke that rule and thus are suspended. This is sheeple type talk here.

Sure why have laws or rules at all ? They just get in the way ..

Obey your masters without any of your own thought, interpretation, or God given intelligence. The proper way to handle this would have been for the principal to explain the rule and then offer the student a chance to prove he was talking to his Father in Iraq. Hey if the kids lying suspend him and give him more time for lying but if hes telling the truth the issue should have been dropped. I don't think there would be any difficulty in proving the validity of the phone call especially in today day and age when they can trace your cell calls.

Ignorance of a law or rule is NOT a defense .

"Screw teaching, isnt their job hard enough already" Another attempt to confuse the issue. No one is debating whether a teachers job is hard or not. In answer to your question I think a Teachers job is made even harder having to deal with all this political crap. Our government tells teachers what they can teach and what they can not. Our Government tells the teachers how they should behave and how they should handle certain situations. The govenrment has taken away teaching from teachers and turned them into indoctrinators.

Ok then WHO may i ask is regulating this stuff? Certainly not YOU..

It reminds me of the argument about "why does God allow people do do this" It's becasue God understands that a level of resoning and free will is nessesary in life. All I am saying here is that this is not a black or white issue and should have been treated that way. God gave us a brain and the reasoning and logic to make good decisions. The school clearly did make a good decision in this case. In fact they made no decision at all!! They were only following their programming and that my friend is the problem.

Its because "god" is imaginary. But im glad your sleeping well at night.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
BTW i cant send a u2u yet so i will give you the way i quote here. Hopefully its helpfull.

"Hmm anyone care to help me out on how to use quotes this way? I seem to be missing a piece of code"

I hit the "quote" button . Then copy the first line . at the end of their part put [./quote] write your part then paste the part you copied earlier. kinda like this

[.quote][i.]Originally posted by photobug[./i]

their stuff
[./quote] (no periods just using it to show the tags without it actualy quoting)

your reply

[.quote][.i]Originally posted by photobug[./i]
their stuff
[./quote]
your reply .

ect.
Hope that helps. Thats how i do it at least.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

This is DISGRACEFUL. What if, god forbid, that was the last time he could have spoken with his dad because he was KIA? How would that child be able to function knowing that?

Schools have started living in a black and white world and it just doesn't work. Soldiers and families of soldiers are making incredible sacrifices and they should be given some flexibility on our parts-THAT IS THE LEAST WE CAN DO TO HELP THEM. Failing that, those school officials should pick up a weapon and stand at post or shut the hell up! It's easy to peddle their silly little myopic rules from their comfy, climate controlled offices. I'd like to see those jerks try doing their jobs from a foxhole or behind a pile of sandbags while bullets are flying around them.
Those school officials attitudes are exactly what is wrong with this country.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by photobug

Like i said . Give an inch and a mile you will lose. If its ok for this kid then it becomes ok for everyone . Will you have to prove there in Iraq? If so how?

It's real simple. You take the phone from the kid and ask who is on the other end of the line. Then you send the kid into the hall to talk with his dad.

The kid misses his dad, they are close and the mom was concerned that she emailed her husband to ask him to call his son. So the kid is being penalized for missing his dad, who he's close to and being upset about it. He's a CHILD for Goddess sakes, he needs all the support he can get.

What's the worst that could happen? Even if ithe school thinks it isn't a legitimate reason and the kid gets away with it, so what? Things like that will happen when you are looking out for the child's best interests. Better to be wrong than to have the kid get completely emotionally screwed up over something he has no control over.

Since when do soldiers have union breaks everyday to call their family?
They call when they can. The dad heard his kid was having difficulties and called as soon as he could. WHAT LOVING PARENT WOULDN'T HAVE CALLED ASAP? Since when is that a bad thing? It seems the schools these days want children to not be connected to their parents or to have the parents have any say. Come on, expelling the kid over a phone call? Don't you think that's a bit harsh?

These teachers and the admin have no compassion. Period. It is becoming illegal to have compassion in this country. And our schools are enforcing a no-compassion policy, so that our kids will grow up to have no compassion or empathy. That's called being a narcissist/sociopath.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by josephine

Lady, had the dad waited a few hours, he probably would have been on patrol or on some kind of duty. These guys are used to putting in over 18 hours a day, so idle time to make phone calls is fairly limited. And each unit has a time during the week where they can rotate in and make the phone calls, and that time is divided further up by each battalion, company, platoon, etc....

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by palehorse23

This is DISGRACEFUL. What if, god forbid, that was the last time he could have spoken with his dad because he was KIA? How would that child be able to function knowing that?

My dads a truck driver. he could die on the road at any moment. Just like anyone else. How is he special? He VOLUNTEERED to put his life on the line . If anything i should get special treatment . My dad didn't sign up to die but may at any moment.

Originally posted by jfj123
Schools have started living in a black and white world and it just doesn't work. Soldiers and families of soldiers are making incredible sacrifices and they should be given some flexibility on our parts-THAT IS THE LEAST WE CAN DO TO HELP THEM. Failing that, those school officials should pick up a weapon and stand at post or shut the hell up! It's easy to peddle their silly little myopic rules from their comfy, climate controlled offices. I'd like to see those jerks try doing their jobs from a foxhole or behind a pile of sandbags while bullets are flying around them.
Those school officials attitudes are exactly what is wrong with this country.

Again the word volunteer comes to mind. If they were drafted . I would be on the other side of the coin with all of you . Its just not the case here. We can all suddenly die .

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

You don't sound like you live in America and if you do you should just move. The difference here is that this kids dad could be killed at any minute and I doubt he can just pick up the phone at any given moment like some "business man" on a trip to China.

You can't stand America or anything it stands for. I am sure there are many in the military that don't agree with this war but if the military was run like a republic then we wouldn’t have the best military in the world would we? But then again that's exactly what your type want isn't it?

Our government may be misguided but our warriors are the pawns if that's what you want to call it. Why blame them? You are a very little person with a very little mind. I don't say that to flame you. I say that to pity your kind. You are very small minded and bitter. Strange is what it is....

I hope you are never forced into a situation you have no control over. If you are I hope those on the outside treat you with the same distain you treat those that give you this right we call freedom of speech.

As far as this kid is conserned he should wear it as a badge of honor to be kicked out of school for talking to his warrior father as opposed to the brainwashing people like you feed him in these schools. If I was him I would arrange a protest with his fellow "inmates" and have all the parents in Iraq call at the same time...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

He was suspended . Not expelled. "Texas School Suspends Student for Answering Call in Class From Dad in Iraq "

If he was expelled that would definitely be going overboard. This kid just don't want to take responsibility for his actions. Now HE'S the victim ?

If it were me i would take the call and point a middle finger at anyone that batted an eye. And take my punishment like a man . As i knew it was coming and it was (would be) worth the risk .

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have a couple thoughts on this. As I am in Texas, and have kids in middle school.

First, cell phones are not permitted to be on in school...period.

So this students phone shouldn't have been on in the first place to even take the call.

Second, if the kid was expecting the call then he should have alerted the school ahead of time. I would venture to guess they would have allowed it.

We have a rule with my son, no texting before school. The other day he was texting. I asked him what he was doing, he says my girlfriend texted she wanted to break up with me. I told him, while I was sorry to hear that...the point was he shouldn't know that yet. Because he wasn't to be texting in the first place.

Back to this kid...I am sorry he got in trouble. Kids should be able to talk to their fathers. But you can't change the rules for one kid. Especially since someone said half the school has parents serving. Could you imagine the disruption in class of all the cell phones going off?

I think suspension is harsh, but the fact remains his phone should have been off.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Jedimiller you obviously are living in yer own form of elitist heaven.
Who isnt in Iraq?
You !
Whats it to the school or you anyway?
The simple fact is that the father and son have rights too!
I see no reason why it would be a big deal if the boy left class and took his fathers call out in the hall or the cloakroom.
Obviously you have no real human compassion and it sounds like you oppose the war on strictly financial grounds rather than any humanitarian ones!
The problem is Your lack of compassion as well as the same for the neocons.
The diseducational system is really an instrument for goverment brainwashing of our children, and splitting up the family unit.
Why because it will be far easier to control the people when they have no
loyalty to humanity or family.
This incident is just another example of successful coditioning on their part.
When are the supposed adults of America going to grow up?
wake up?
STAND UP!
How utterly inhumanly pathetic of you not to understand the intensity of the results of this incident on both the father and the son.
Perhaps youve never been half a world away from your loved ones?
(Or do you even understand the meaning of the term?)
What i see is the fact that the humanity of the people of america (and other countries too)is being rapidly brainwashed out of their psyches, and replaced with an asskissing unquestioning obedience to those who would enslave the entire planet for their own benefit.
If you sincerly do not wish to support the war and the troops,that is your right.
On the other hand you are not doing the suffering or the dying.
Rules are made to be broken jedi,
and it is reasons like the unexpected call that they should be suspended for.
Otherwise we may as well resign our human status and line up for the microchip.
These inhuman acts of obedience to rules which cannot possibly account for all circumstances is the indicator of the extent of the success the powers that be are having in turning Americans,once proud and free thinking people determined to control their own destiny,into emotioness robot clones whose sole function is perpetuation of the state and its inhuman rules...
What would be wrong with allowing this coversation to take place if the boy left class quietly to take the call for a few minutes?
It is the inability to truely put yourself in that fathers or sons place that is destroying america.
You may oppose the war,and refuse to support the troops, but you also are refusing to have any compassion.Whats the moral difference between you and the killers?
bergle

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

YES! someone with a brain. I too second this with all of who I am.

to comment on the other ignorant posts....

either you have never served or you dont have kids... or both... or you just dont know what love is about.

whats makes a soldier/airman/sailor or marine father more important than the others? it may be the last phone call they can ever make. that conversation may be their last.
im actually over here in Iraq as we speak and I tell you what, there has been well over 100 deaths within the past 4 months...
what if he hadnt answered the phone and then found out his father died a few hours later because his tent got bombed? how would you feel? put yourself in their shoes.
freedom is not free, so all you people who chose not to support the our freedom... you can get the heck out of my country! someones gotta serve. if he doesnt, then who will? that goes for everyone else in the DoD. if they dont do it, who will? is there not a cause?

so what happened if there was no one to defend our freedom? ... let me help you with this one.... we wouldnt be as free as we are.

get over yourselves and understand that without people like this father, myself and the other thousands serving, you probably wouldnt be living so comfortably.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Methuselah]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Thanks for the quote info. I'll try that next time.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah

Awesome way to start a post . care to clarify who you think is ignorant?

either you have never served or you dont have kids... or both... or you just dont know what love is about.

Prove that statement please. I want this magic mind reading power too :/

whats makes a soldier/airman/sailor or marine father more important than the others? it may be the last phone call they can ever make. that conversation may be their last.

Same goes for EVERYONE on the darn planet my friend. They volunteered.!! Period!

im actually over here in Iraq as we speak and I tell you what, there has been well over 100 deaths within the past 4 months...
what is he hadnt answered the phone and then found out his father died a few hours later because his tent got bombed? how would you feel? put yourself in their shoes.

Not my problem . Why should my kids not get to learn with all the distractions cause some dope signed up for a war ..

freedom is not free, so all you people who chose not to support the our freedom... you can get the heck out of my country! someones gotta serve. if he doesnt, then who will? that goes for everyone else in the DoD. if they dont do it, who will? is there not a cause?

What have you done for "our" freedom? I seem to see we have less and less of it as this war pushes on . Defending freedom ? You guys are helping DESTROY it.

so what happened if there was no one to defend our freedom? ... let me help you with this one.... we wouldnt be as free as we are.

Ohh ahhhh ohhh ahhh. Im shocked with your awe.. You have not helped freedom in any way . If you believe you have please buy my bridge.

get over yourselves and understand that without people like this father, myself and the other thousands serving, you probably wouldnt be living so comfortably.

Sure speaking german yadda yadda . You want supremacy. to feel like your making a difference. Thats great . Let my kids get an education . And keep yours off the phone please. How about my kids freedom to learn ? How bout defend that one?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the quote info. I'll try that next time.

No problem . Hope it helps . It bugged me for a while too lol . I just said heck with it I'll cheat :p

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bergle

An enemy of my enemy is my friend. Very well said. My applause.
and with that I think I am through with this thread. I've wasted too much time and brain resources on it already.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

You post has been reported . Your wants hopes and dreams of our family's deaths are not wanted/needed here . Please grow up and learn to use a little bit of tact.

[I would like to go off on you but i suppose i can do it to the next account you sign up with after your ban]

My position stands. His punishment was fair and could have been avoided .

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Awesome way to start a post . care to clarify who you think is ignorant?

Prove that statement please. I want this magic mind reading power too :/

Same goes for EVERYONE on the darn planet my friend. They volunteered.!! Period!

what is he hadnt answered the phone and then found out his father died a few hours later because his tent got bombed? how would you feel? put yourself in their shoes.

Not my problem . Why should my kids not get to learn with all the distractions cause some dope signed up for a war ..

Dope who signed up for war? I joined the Army, I leave in August. I did not sign for war, and I'm sure the majority of people who have enlisted in the last few years did not sign up for war. I enlisted to serve my country, to keep people who live in America free. I don't know how anyone on this forum can disrespect someone who is serving their country, knowing they might die. I might disagree with the war, however, that doesn't change the fact I'm still enlisting in the Army to serve mine and YOURS country. What are the odds of dieing doing a civilian job compared to that of being at war in Iraq?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join