It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiction based on fact???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am an avid reader of fiction and have come to find that the authors often do a lot of research to make their story historically accurate. (Not talking sci-fi or fanatasy genres here)

While during some non-fiction reading about what is really going on in the world, I have run into information that various writers (fiction) were part of the group "in the know", privy to extra knowledge.
Books by such authors as Jules Verne, H G Wells, Aldous Huxley, and George Orwell seem to be writing from more than just their imaginations, IMHO. In fact, I have heard that
1984 was written for the children of the Enlightened!
Even modern authors seem to be onto something. I recently read a 5-book series where the concept of time travel was a key element of the ongoing story. The current interest in the DaVinci does is another example.

So, do these authors have inside information, or are they merely writing from their imagianations??

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've long believed this to be true. I'm not sure if authors are given inside information so much as somehow tapping into that knowledge from another source with their mind, if that makes any sense.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think you have something there about most contemporary writers. Maybe some of these writers are only taking what we may have read about, and have incorporated it into their works in the hopes of waking people up. But, there have to be at least a few that are insiders, part of the elite.
Certainly, Orwell, Huxley, Verne seem to have been insiders. Not a writer, but I have heard George Lucas is an insider.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Lucas is an insider? That's kinda scary.

I guess the ideas of the Clone Wars isn't as far-fetched as it was when first mentioned in the original movie in '77. I remember having to explain what a clone was to the kids I grew up with, and I was only 4 at the time.

Back to the topic though, I'm not sure who I'd classify as insiders. I don't really have any information to back up any specualtions I'd come up with. But I'd have to say that sci-fi and fantasy writers would probably do just as much research for their work as other writers.

Take the Area 51 series for example. Doherty has done a very good job of weaving together pretty much every myth and legend into a tale involving alien technology and its alleged use throughout the centuries.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is off my onw topic, sice it deals with TV, but what about the X-Files? Not that they were insiders, so much, as knowing a lot about the theories about??

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My experience on that topic is when it comes to certain hollywood movies. As a child I watched them with amusement and with the thought it's really all fiction and nothing of it has any real source.

Few years later with some dramatic changes I realised how shocking much of it is true. In fact, nearly whole plots are absolutely realistic(of movies which people consider being to wicked or weired!).

Of course I am not talking about any action star making a cool face when shooting at an overwhelming group of 20 men, then rescuing himself and his girl. That's some fiction - and everybody who ever played simple games like "catch"(or however the word will be) knows that you can't stand 20 people at one time

Anyway, the plots themself are more realistic than I could imagine before. And it's frightened, yes.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I think you have something there about most contemporary writers. Maybe some of these writers are only taking what we may have read about, and have incorporated it into their works in the hopes of waking people up. But, there have to be at least a few that are insiders, part of the elite.
Certainly, Orwell, Huxley, Verne seem to have been insiders. Not a writer, but I have heard George Lucas is an insider.

George Lucas is a writer of fantasy novels.I have just read one of his books that he co-wrote with Chris Claremont called 'Shadow Moon'.

I wouldn't recommend it myself as it was a pile of crap.If only every fantasy writer had the skill of George R R Martin!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
how many can remember when space travel was scifi? talking computers
for that matter computers that didnt take whole buildings? maxwell smart and
his shoe phone and pen camera?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Conspiracy? The Truth Will Shock You! is fiction based on fact. A little known expose of the New World Order...

From the back cover:

"We live in two worlds - one manipulated by the media and those who control it... a shadowy world of half truths and lies, and the 'real' world, where seemingly unrelated events happen to bring about change.

But for whom, and at what cost?

Conspiracy?, thoughly ostensibly a work of fiction, is based on fact All of the names, dates, places, quotes and specific references, have been researched by the author over a period of five years prior to publication.

The truth behind the ATF/FBI attack on Waco, the Oklahoma bombing, the massacres at Dunblane and Port Arthur, the downing of TWA Flight 800, and finally the terrorist attack on the World Trade Centre towers in New York will shock you!"

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Sir Winston Churchill

Available direct from the author here: conspiracytruths.com...

'CONSPIRACY?' was first released by Black Horse Press, Sydney, Australia, in May 2002.
Set in Washington D.C., this 432 page novel uses its fictional characters to explore the story behind what the author now believes really happened at Waco, Oklahoma, Dunblane, Port Arthur and TWA 800.. All names, dates, quotes, witnesses' reports and technological detail have been researched by the author over the past five-and-a-half years -- accessing books, articles, magazines, newspaper reports, court records and the internet.
'CONSPIRACY?' will keep you awake at night as it leads you through the chilling expose of what is happening in the shadowy world of Big Business, Politics, and the secret agenda of our so-called 'Security' Organisations in their push for a New World Order.

Donna Mason, a young journalist with the Washington 'Post', decides to research the NWO and embarks upon a journey of discovery which leads her into the murky world of intrigue and violence undertaken by the various 'Agencies' in the name of 'National Security'. She and the other main characters in the novel explore their covert use of mind control, subliminal programming and assassination to bring about world change, at any cost! During the course of their investigations they unearth some of the real facts surrounding the Waco massacre, the Oklahoma bombing, the Dunblane and Port Arthur massacres, the downing of flight TWA 800 and the terrorist attack on the World Trade Centre in New York.
The book opens in the Washington D.C. office of Ted Murphy, one of the regional heads of the NSA's 'Special Operations Group', and then quickly moves on to the Nevada training facility for the programming of 'Sleepers' for use in the NWO's plot to disarm the general population. Murphy's boss, Al Bronowski, leads the readers through what took place at Waco, and then Donna Mason and the other characters take us through a detailed investigation of the various bombings and massacres, before the book reaches its chilling conclusion.

'CONSPIRACY?' unveils another world behind the headlines and the scripted mis-information peddled by those controlling the media. A world of lies and manipulation. It reveals names, dates, procedures and descriptions of actual events. Detailed references to the actions of American Presidents and their staff, the past heads of the CIA, FBI, named witnesses and other important figures in the investigations, derive from news publications, court records, books, magazines and the internet.

John G. Wollaston, born and educated in Sydney, Australia, is a Fellow of the Royal Australian Institute of Architects. He has travelled extensively throughout the world, speaks several languages, has studied and taught martial arts, run business corporations, and is a respected public speaker.
In 1978 he was headhunted by the Australian Federal Government to head up its worldwide Property Directorate. Because of his involvement with Embassies and Defence facilities, Mr. Wollaston was cleared above 'Top Secret' by the Australian security organizations, ASIO and ASIS, and is still bound in some matters by the Official Secrets Act. During the six years that he worked in this area he was exposed to the inner workings of the government and its agencies. It comes as no surprise, therefore, that he would question the truth about what was happening behind the scenes in 'seemingly' unrelated events both at home and abroad.

I started a thread on it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 18-8-2004 by The Hunter]

[Edited on 18-8-2004 by The Hunter]

top topics

join