It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of Eggs!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

Hello myrdyn,
Is that so?
Wow! Now I feel bad for complaining.
You guys really have it bad. So sorry.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Yeh, really.
It's sad that we either have things to the abundance of overuse and waste to absolute shortage.
Nice horse, btw.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeple
Question to the original poster, sorry if I missed the answer while skimming through the other replies - do you live in a part of the country that has to ship a lot of its produce and dairy? Or are you close to a rural distributor of these goods? That, too, might also go towards explaining, but not justifying, the eggy problem.

I just had to pick myself off the floor from laffing at your avatar. Off-topic I'm sure, but that is cool, as sometimes I truly feel like a sheeple.
Now, to your question. You know, I suddenly feel ignorant. I don't have the answers to your questions. I have never given it any thought. Might be a good time to find out these things.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by jameswillard

Sounds like you need to do what I did.Order you some chicks from Crows poultry in missouri.(they send the chicks thru the mail)Save the pullets and one rooster.Slaughter the other roosters for chicken and dumplins.
Seriously you can keep three or four hens in a small area and they will eat just about anything you feed them. Four hens will average two eggs a day,so you can adjust your flock accordingly.

That is an excellent suggestion.
I had told a person earlier that I live in an apartment and am limited. But a suggestion he made, proves that I am not.
His suggestion was to try to round up interested parties and rent some unused acreage, nearby.
I am definitely going to look into that. There has to be people like me who would be interested.
Would you happen to have an exact mailing or e-mail address for this Crows poultry?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I don't have the address anymore ,it sould be easy enough to find on dogpile though.The name Windsor Mo. comes to mind but my mind isn't what it use to be.lol

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Gas is currently the equivalent of $7.60 per gallon in the UK, which is why everything else costs so much. Anything that has to be transported is subject to rising fuel costs.

As the price of Gas rises in the US, you will experience that 'knock on' effect.

We're going to start growing our own vegetables and tomatoes at the bottom of our back garden. We always get plenty of rain here, so they should do well.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
An egg is a single cell.

The Ostrich egg is the world's largest single cell.

Eggs, in my opinion, can be gross, unless over hard, because over easy is just too runny, and I want my single cell HARD.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have read each and every one of your comments here. I want you to know that I have not taken a single contribution lightly.
I see that we are all suffering ill-effects of 'big-government.'
As the old saying around here goes, "At least Jesse James used a gun!"
I think most of you will get the underlying meaning of that statement.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Do you live in Georgia?
I love good eggs!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Maybe they should do away with the medium and large sizes also, and call them Tall, Grande, and Vente. Then they ALL sound big.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is sort of related: Has anyone noticed that the higher the gas prices get the longer it takes to fill your gas tank? I know that they are slowing the pumps down. What gives? Some sort of psychological game I'm sure, but if you add up all the extra time people now spend pumping gas, it would be a lot of wasted time.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hi All -

I work in the food industry and I'd like to lend my two cents to this -

First of all - I wouldn't go so far as to call this a conspiracy - there are several factors involved here and I apologize if I'm repeating anyone else:

The price and demand of corn is affecting your food prices just as much, if not more than the price of oil/gas. If you want proof, look up the author Michael Pollan and read his book "The Omnivore's Dillema". This will answer a lot of your questions and will open your eyes as to how diluted and corrupt the American food system is. The price of all groceries is related to the price of corn and is directly responsible for the failure of the American farmer.

The decision to use a food source as a solution to the fuel problem was a big mistake - and this is not a republican telling you this - I assure you I am far from it. We will see why soon.

Secondly, your eggs being deceptively small is likely related to the factory farm that produced them and called them "large". Your best bet would be to find a resource in town, an organic co-op, etc. And buy your eggs there. They will be healthier for you, close to the same price, better quality and LARGE.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by slicely]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm glad to see everyone here talking over these REAL problems,because i think we all know that this is just the beginning.I've gotten a lot of usefull help from this thread,and for that i would like to say thankyou.Sadly it can only get worse,but at least now i have some avenues to persue.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

I think the slowing is due to the $$$ meter only being able to turn over so fast. It's whizzing right along at top speed, but the gallon/liter meter is crawling. (I can distinctly remember when the exact opposite was true.
)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

bodda f'n bing! excellent topic!...i havent read through the thread...but does anyone know why this is happening?

anyone seen jack in the box's sig?

does it ALL come down to oil?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You're definitely not going crazy! You're getting less for more these days no matter what you buy. It's harder to notice in most raw goods, and much easier to see in processed foods, but they can't hide it on the eggs. Someone else mentioned how small tv dinners have gotten. And the most ridiculous thing is that anything fast food costs so much and it's so tiny! My mom was a manager at McDonald's 10 years ago and I remember a filet-o-fish was $1 and it was almost as big around as a whopper. Now it costs $3 (here in Canada) and I believe $2 something in the US and it's about the diameter of a baseball. It's ridiculous! Or the Wendy's chicken sandwich used to be so filling. Now it's also about the size of a baseball and they cut the chicken filet in half. I can't believe they have any customers left!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

I am glad that you pointed out the fast food issue.
Once upon a time, I enjoyed going out, ocassionally to a nice restaurant. Then that became out of the question, so then I would grab a burger, now and then. It's almost, not worth the effort.
And yes, I am very familiar with the quote that jameswillard used , "At least Jesse James used a gun."
I also understand it's meaning. We are being robbed. But at least with Jesse James, you saw him coming. You saw the weapon. You understood the entirety of the situation. And generally, when he was finished robbing you, it was over and done. It didn't go on and on for a lifetime with far reaching rammifications.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I bought eggs today in Casa Grande Az, and they were $3.00 ! Could not believe that.

A few things have gotten smaller. Chewy granola bars used to be wider.
I mean like two years ago.

I too think we are just in the beginning of this. I have started buying seeds, but not much grows out here.

Yeah those tv dinners, I eat one and they do NOT fill you up, and I am not a big eater either.

I spent 150 on groceries this week, and STILL my fridge looks empty.

I also noticed a bunch of items on the mcdonalds value meal disappeared this week, and the medium fry went small. They were also sold out of ice cream,lol but I dont think we have a shortage there,lol

I tell you my family is not that far from eating Romin. Uggg

Ama

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Please pardon me for not reading the entire thread,and possibly not commenting on other replies...But,when I was young,I lived in the country,and in smaller towns.I remember that most things people needed were to be found in their town where they lived,Market,corner store,barber shop,plumbing and auto repair places,hardware store and lumber yard....When I was aroung 16 yo ,it occurred to me that things were changing away from this type of more "self contained" type of town,had moved to the city with my parents and noticed that neighborhoods in cities were self contained like the small towns where I had lived earlier in my life by the way...
It appears to me that everything has been centralised ,not for convenience,but to make it necessary for one to own an auto to get around and collect what one needs to survive,kind of like a "petroleum conspiracy",Which,In reality,is what I believe has happened.
Not so centered on the thread is this post I realise...But this does have an effect on the price of eggs,yes?,you would think they would cost less in reality,since the mom and pop stores have been all but eliminated,there would be far fewer locations to deliver to...
It is early am and I must prepare for work,but it has become clear to me that something is not right over the years,most of these things that we look upon as things that would make us more independent,in reality make us more dependent and helpless to control any aspect of our lives,and it is getting worse by the day.
I made changes in my life to counter the fact that wages are basically frozen in my field of work,but not driving is becoming increasingly difficult.And I am not wealthy enough to buy my own property,and produce things to sell on ebay,grow my own giant garden,get set up with solar power for everything...which is my ambition in life,that is to be independent.
It is not normal to be independent in this day and age,but most think they are,when in reality,most are virtually helpless to control any aspect of their lives in any real way...
Just my 1.5 cents worth,can't afford 2 cents worth anymore...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have to say WOW! This has been a very inspiring thread. I am ashamed to say I have never even though or heard of some of these programs being suggested as far as small communities ordering direct.
I am very inspired to try and organize something like this or at least spread the word/idea about it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join