It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Planet Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hi All,

I'm a new member so I don't know how to link a page as of yet.

I found on ninmsn.com.au under the science subjects that scientist have found new planets.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
To post a link, you just hit the little Earth icon under the text options. A pop-up will come up and you type in the title, and then the link (include the http://).
Here I recommend you read the ATS hand-book to lean more information about how to post. ATS Handbook

Oh, also make sure you do a search before posting because someone could have beaten you to it.

New Planet post 1

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I think this is what you might have read

New Planet Search Methods Push Tally Near 300

Astronomers have struggled for centuries to find our solar system's planets, let alone any outside of our relatively puny cosmic neighborhood.

Yet during only the past 13 years, observers have tracked down nearly 300 distant bodies beyond our system thanks to rapid advances in ground-based telescope technology and methods.

Ten worlds alone were identified by a group of astronomers in the past six months using earthbound instruments, and another team of scientists just announced they have found the youngest-ever planetary infant. The hunt for the first Earth-like planet, however, is still on.

The number of extra solar planets are increasing with new technologies; there are Billions of stars and planets within our Milky way and thinking of life exists only on earth is totally negative; Launching of Kepler will reveal more about extra solar planets, just can't wait.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

They found one back in 2007, named 'Gliese 581', the first they found that they believed could house life. I believe that we need to focus more on our own solar system, Uranus and Neptune would be a good place to start

www.space.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
here's the article

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cnm1976

Perhaps it was this article you saw?

news.ninemsn.com.au... Astronomers find new planets, and a baby
Thursday Apr 3 12:20 AEDT

Astronomers using robotic cameras say they have found 10 new planets outside our solar system, while a second team believes it has found the youngest planet yet.
The findings add to a growing list of more than 270 so-called extrasolar planets, they told a meeting of astronomers in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

The robot team is called "SuperWASP," for Wide Area Search for Planets, and the cameras look for planets transiting, or crossing in front of, their stars.

BTW cnm1976, welcome to ATS ! Check out the 3 links in my signature for valuable ATS info.

@gauncents - you may want to check your link.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thanks Jbird thatw as the article that I was looking for and thanks to everybody for making me feel wellcoming to ATS. I have been a guest here for sometime and decided it was time to put a little bit of input into this great site.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gauncents
here's the article

uk.reuters.com...

i dont think so bud.
all i can see is about kids finding a severed head?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
They found one back in 2007, named 'Gliese 581'

Nah, that's the name of the star. But that is the right star. There are at least 3 planets in orbit around it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My bad.

Sorry guys. I copied the wrong link. It happens. You guys are already on it.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I feel like I'm opening new threads, but there's an update in the "New Planet Found" field. Here's a link:

I Googled: 9th planet japanese

to summarize it, Japanese scientists at Kobe University made computer simulations of our solar system and claim that they have the math and the simulation to prove that there's a "Planet X".

top topics

join