It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent fetus found in bathroom on plane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Apparent fetus found in bathroom on plane

www.msnbc.msn.com

Authorities are investigating the discovery of what appears to be a fetus in the bathroom of a Continental Airlines plane that arrived in Houston on a flight from New York's LaGuardia Airport.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ok now this is just sick. I wanted to hear everyones comments on this atrocity. How could this have happened? Was an abortion performed in a airplane bathroom?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
That is sad. Some poor woman must have been so distraught and embarrassed. I mean it sounds like a miscarriage. I think there is some sort of general warning against flying at some point during a pregnancy.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Would'nt somone seek medical assistace if they were having a miscarriage? Why would she be so embarrassed that she would say nothing to anyone while in major pain? On the other hand an abortion sounds way out there. So what criminal activity could have been going on?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow, that really is sad. I really hope they find the mother, but how could they find her. Especially since it was the cleaning crew that found her. I wish news had good stories in it, instead of these sad sad stories that make me sad.

Tela

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

This does make me sad too. It also makes me angry and confused. Sad that it happened, angry that it happened, and confused as to why this is on msnbc.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by schism85]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
you have to wonder if it was a miscarriage or some broad in the bathroom with a coat hanger..

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There's alot of information missing in this story. It doesn't say if the fetus was in the toilet, or on the floor. It doesn't say how far along the fetus was believed to be, or how old it was. It's also odd that the cleaning crew waited an hour before cleaning the plane, usually they do it as soon as all the passengers disembark.

You cannot fly after you are 8 months pregnant. If she shouldn't have been flying, she was at least 8 mos pregnant, and the fetus would most likely have lived.

Finding the mother isn't a problem. Her name would be on the passenger list and the flight attendants would most likely have noticed if someone was pregnant (if it was visible enough). But you could find the passenger by process of elimination.

When I was a flight attendant, I saw many strange things and found many weird things left behind by passengers, but never a fetus. That's just bizarre, and sad.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

So basically these are the options:
A. She was 8 months or more pregnant and still got on the plane having a miscarriage due to complications from the plane.
B. She was less than 8 months pregnant and misscaried for another reason, and didnt say a word to anyone.
C. Foul play

As you said there is not enough info in this article.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is just weird. It does say that they have found something 'that appears to be' a fetus, but may actually not be. We'll not know until they conduct an autopsy. This could just be some sort of crazy practical joke.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
if it appears to be a fetus then it was probably aborted or miscarried there in the bathroom. remember, people through babies in dumpsters so this is not that fat fetched

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thats what I assumed happened. Somone dicarded it. But I am a pessimist so my initial thought was somone just dumped this baby in the bathroom. I very well could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They said they were questioning a girl, which means she was definitely under 18 and probably much younger.

Perhaps she got pregnant and she was afraid to tell anyone, so when she miscarried she just quietly got rid of the evidence and didn't really think ahead to it being found. She was likely less than three months pregnant, which is when most miscarriages happen. A first time mother might not show until she is 5 or 6 months along, so it wouldn't be obvious on the outside.

I doubt anyone would choose to have an abortion on a plane, seriously.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

She couldn't have been that far along or the "aborting" process would not be nearly as quiet or swift. Besides which, every plane I've been on has tiny garbages... the "foetus" couldn't have been that big, plus there would be no need to do an autopsy to see what it really is. Once a baby reaches a certain development stage, there's not much doubt as to what it is.

I believe they start calling a "born" or "aborted" foetus a baby after the viable age, which is 24 weeks into pregnancy. I really think this was an early miscarriage, 14 weeks or less, especially since it was from a girl, not a woman. Maybe she was abused and got pregnant but wasn't able to carry it, maybe she got pregnant by a pushy boyfriend. Maybe we'll never know, but I think it was definitely a miscarriage that she had her own reasons to conceal.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I actually find this quite hilarious.
My first reaction after reading that someone found a fetus in an airplanes bathroom was to laugh hysterically.

Just thinking about the cleanup crew, that must suck.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Its really possible that the girl never even knew. I have read a ton of accounts of women having a miscarriage and never really knowing . I wouldn't chalk this up to intention just yet.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

That is a good question. Is it possible to not realize you are having a miscarriage? I've heard of women having a miscarriage describing as there being alot of blood and tissue. Maybe she thought she was just having her menstrual cycle. That is a good question.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yeah i would hate to run off thinking the worst. When this girl could just now be finding out . I guess it could just be "hopeful" thinking as well. But as a male . I could never really know . Just what i hear.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if the Mother turns out to be illegal.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have had a miscarrage in the first trimester and I thought I was on my period. When I went to the bathroom I thought I had to have a painful BM.
When I relized it was a mass of some form I put on some gloves and fished the mass out and took it to my OB. She confirmed it was a fetus and that I had miscarried. I had no sign of pregnacy befors this all happened and no pain after. And very spotty bleading after.

SO what I am trying to say with all this is............ If I had not seen the mass in the toilet I would have never known what happened.

It is possible that the young lady did not know what happened.

Sorry to be so graffic on this subject.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join