It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did Al-Qaeda first appear in print??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I believe like many of you on this site that Al-Qaeda is a fabrication of the CIA. There is another forum right now that links to a video of a CIA operative admitting that Al-Qaeda is bunk.

Can anyone find an early article referencing Al-Qaeda?
I get hits right around August of '01. Anyone beat that? I know someone on this board can. We trump MSM on getting breaking news posted!!

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Tinhatman]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Found Aug of 88' from BBC sitetimeline Hope this helps. Although I dont think that was what you were looking for sorry.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by drift393]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Neat timeline but you're right.
I want to see the first time that Al-Qaeda qas mentioned in a press release or a news article. I can't be the only one...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

This probably wont help either. But I think Clinton mentioned them at some point early on. I would have to go back and check. Usually on top of this indoctrination crap. I do remember he said something but it was not major. Try Goggling or using a pay search engine and associate it with past presidents, vice presidents and sec'y of defenses. I know it was not mentioned before Regan. I am sure of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
From what I have seen on that video, The Power of Nightmares, Al Qaeda was made up after the First WTC bombing.
The prosecuters used it as a device to indict Bin Laden, by him being a part of an organization involved in terrorism.
First, they had to invent that organization.

new topics

top topics

join