It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

younger generation believers...with experiences

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Cometa,

At first when I started to read your post I was a little confused to say the least but it all did fit together and I believe uniquely written.

What I am observing here is many feel as if there is something in the making and that they are here to do something but they don't know what it is? Right or wrong?

If this is so remember, when you are to know it will just be there within you to do what you are to do!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by selfisolated

Also does anyone on here have hieghtend sneses(like heasring,eyes,6th snese,smell,etc)

my hearing is stupidly good.. possibly because I'm a musician, but I always pick up on things before other people.
And humming/ringing is sometimes there, sometimes its after a gig or something, but at other times it comes completely out of nowhere with no explanation.

And until I started smoking, my eyesight was better than anybody I know, I could read small text on a noticeboard from the other side of the room, when all other people saw was a big black blur where said text was.
Still to this day I can normally see things from much further away than 99% of people I know...
Anybody else got this?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by selfisolated

Also does anyone on here have hieghtend sneses(like heasring,eyes,6th snese,smell,etc)

my hearing is stupidly good.. possibly because I'm a musician, but I always pick up on things before other people.
And humming/ringing is sometimes there, sometimes its after a gig or something, but at other times it comes completely out of nowhere with no explanation.

And until I started smoking, my eyesight was better than anybody I know, I could read small text on a noticeboard from the other side of the room, when all other people saw was a big black blur where said text was.
Still to this day I can normally see things from much further away than 99% of people I know...
Anybody else got this?

Yes isolated... I used to have good vision... but then I got a stigmatism over the years... when i started wearing glasses my vision got better and i can see like I used to. But i noticed that the people I can see better then normally are wearing glasses themselves... but the anwser is still there somewhere because I can still see signifcantly farther then them.
good point. I can also see better then a lot of people that do not have glasses. I think almost everyone vision is beint tainted by something tho. I mean come on... what did people do in the olden days about their vision... im sure it could not have been that bad.

I had a dream again op... Another School visit, but the school was weird because I only came back to in once from a fieldtrip the whole time I was gone cops had found my packing list of things to get or do and they interpreted something like AF wharehouse as a terrorist attack and they interpretted software as something that I was going to steal? I have no idea what AF wharehouse was about but the software was just a case of cd's I already had. so anyways i admitted once I got back from the trip that the paper was mine and instead of being cool about it they walked me down to the car where they were going to arrest me because they wanted to interpret it differently and use it against me altho it was really nothing... It reminded me how people are these days... if we did have certain abilities... we dare not use them because there are people who would feel inferior and turn something small into something big and they would have something bad happen to the rest of us ( all because of jealousy and fear- that is something prominent in this day and age ) It is very sad. There are a lot of other hidden meanings in there to me but the dream tells me that something is going on with us and that we should not waver because of one fearful little boy who uses his thread to make points off of it. Im noticing though that a lot of people are just using their posts to make points (insignificant posts). I hope that is not what ATS is becoming.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've seen more than a few posts in this thread now regarding dreams pertaining to school, with certain repeating themes. Now, this is probably nothing in my case, but due to the openness and eerie similarity between so many posters in this instance, I feel compelled to say that I have had some similar dreams. The above post about the CDs really got my attention, and compels me to post this in particular.

For over a decade I've had recurring dreams about schools, particularly school yards. In many of them, I'm carrying a backpack containing cassettes or CDs that I somehow know are important, but I don't know why. Usually I'm being pursued by teachers or even law enforcement and/or government authorities of some kind, and often I end up having to give my tapes/discs to someone else for safe keeping to protect them in the event that I am "captured." In these dreams there is an overwhelming sense of injustice and fear, because I am aware that I haven't done anything to warrant such pursuit or interest on the part of those authorities.

In several dreams I've also walked on to school yards to find fellow students crying, and there is the sense that something horrible has occurred. When I enquire as to what has taken place, my closest friend from when I was between 12 and 15 years old appears, grabs me, and says, "Look at the big picture; there isn't much time."

While on the subject of that friend, since we are all sharing stories that seem incredible, I might as well share this one. It may mean nothing, but it is an integral part of who I am and my strange experiences in my opinion. When I was 11 or 12, I began attending middle school. On my first day, I remember how enormous and overwhelming it seemed compared to my previous elementary school. I knew no one, and there were hundreds of students milling about the yard. I took a seat in an enclosed area with a door which I would later learn led to the cafeteria and gym.

Suddenly, a particular student all the way across the yard caught my eye. He was staring at me intensely, but moreover, I knew instantly, without hesitation or question, that I unequivocally knew this boy. I felt as though I had known him all my life. I am still at a loss to explain that feeling to this day. He continued staring at me for the whole morning, and I continued staring back, until the school bell rang and we all filed into the auditorium to learn what our classes and home rooms would be. I was given music as an elective (we weren't allowed to choose - why it was called an elective I don't know.) The school district didn't have the funds it needed to actually teach us anything about music, so all it ended up being was an end-of-the-day sing-along class. Nonetheless, that was where I first met and spoke to the boy I had seen hours earlier that morning.

He immediately approached me, and we began speaking instantly. We had an immediate, intuitive understanding of one another; an empathic bond that allowed us to finish each other's sentences, know what the other was feeling at times, and in some extraordinary cases, even share dreams. In one instance, he sketched a picture of me sitting in a place I had been dreaming about. It was a fairly ordinary dream, but he spoke about it with insight that he just shouldn't have been able to have, and he drew it in a way which, while a bit hazy, definitely pertained to it. I still have the drawing in my old journal. We were like brothers, and more so. I have never had such an intense bond with anyone to this day, including with the woman I fell in love with years later as an adult.

This is the part that I feel self conscious mentioning, but that's what this thread is for, so I'm going to throw caution to the wind. My friend would often tell me something that I don't want to repeat verbatim because as I mentioned in the thread regarding mental illness on ATS, I don't like or embrace the notion of my being special or superior in any way. I'm choosing to use different words than he did and will simply say that he expressed a belief that I was somehow "important," and that he didn't know how he knew this, but only that he did. He also said he knew he had been "searching" for me for a "long time," and that he was glad he finally found me. I asked him what he meant, and why he thought this, but all he would say was that I would understand someday, and that even he didn't fully understand it.

Most of the time, he acted and sounded like a normal teenager. However, there were times when he would change completely, and speak with the authority and wisdom of someone much older it seemed. In those instances, he would tell me things that to this day I have a really hard time believing, such as that he was some sort of angelic being, but that he didn't know why he felt that way; he "just knew" it. I can't honestly say I believed him, or that I do now either. It's just always been incredibly strange, because the rest of the time he was completely what most people would call "normal." Maybe he had some kind of a mental disorder himself? I don't know. He was never diagnosed for or treated for having one. What I do know is that when I pressed him to tell me why he thought or knew I was "important," his only reply was, "Because you care about people you don't even know."

It's as if there were two of him. The "regular kid" persona got bad grades, misbehaved, and eventually, as much as it still breaks my heart, joined a gang and got gunned down in the back and killed when he was 15. The "other" persona told me I was somehow important because of my professed compassion and empathy, and that we had known each other before arriving in "this world." I don't believe or disbelieve that that's the case, but it's always stayed with me in the back of my mind. Was he just crazy? I don't have any idea. I loved him as much as it's possible to love someone, though. It's all very difficult to reconcile in my mind, and frankly it’s painful to talk about, so I can only hope that this has contributed to the discussion in some substantive way.

In any event, it's things like this which, while I maintain a completely open mind and heart, make me at least understanding and tolerant of threads like the one suggesting the possibility of mental illness playing a role in such phenomena. I also still think, upon reading and re-reading it, that its OP was trying to avoid offending or hurting us. I sound nuts..

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Check out HERE I think some of you might find anwsers... If this is correct... As are most things there is some truth to it... I find it very well put together and pretty close to how I have been feeling for a while

Maybe ace you fear law enforcement so much is because of this...

Watch it

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I turn 21 in july and I too have had strange occurences all my life. When I was about 3 I would be in bed and all of a sudden my bedroom light would come on and there would be shadows of human like figures moving around my room. They only thing diffirent about them was they had pointy heads, kind of like the coneheads from SNL or something.

I can remember seeing what I used to call "little men" standing in the door of my bedroom looking at me. one night I left my light on thinking that they wouldnt come if I did that. I didnt see them that night, but the next moring my big sister (age 6 at the time) came up to me and said "Thanks alot scott! you made the men come to my door!"

When I was about 6 or 7 I was in the backyard and saw a big grey cigar shaped craft hovering over the house. I dont remember anything else about it though.

Ive never really been into relationships. Ive always felt like a releationship would just "get in the way" some how.

For as long as I can remember Ive felt that I was here for something big. More specifically, Ive felt like I was put here on this earth for a specific reason, Im here to do something or to help out with something or to make sure a certian something occurs. What that something is though I have no idea.

Ive always been rather mature for my age. I never did drugs or drank.

I see people staring at me alot. I onced asked this lady why she was staring at me. all she said was "There is just something about you" I asked her what she meant and she said "I dont know, theres just something about you"

I wouldnt really consider myself a people person though. I tend to keep to myself . I just gt so disgusted by the way my fellow humans behave I just dont want to ascociate with them.

I am very sensitive. I can often feel what other people are feeling even when they are in another location.

I find my self hoping everyday that this"big" thing that is going to happen. goes ahead and happens. I am so ready to help or do whatever it is im supposed to do.

So, yeah I do feel alot like the OP. I have had some similar experiences and feelings.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I post here as a skeptic though offering evidence in your favour...

This evidence relates to the "mental illness" issue being discussed on the other thread, which I myself have replied too.

To quote part of the article:

" The majority of abductees do not appear to be deluded, confabulating, lying, self dramatizing or suffering from a clear mental illness "

by John E. Mack Professor of Pschiatry at The Cambridge Hospital, Harvard Medical School.

The Article

Please read through the whole article as you may find useful / helpful to the topics being discussed here.

Also here is the Authors Bio to show his credibility...Bio

Regards,

JQ.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by John Q]

[edit on 27-3-2008 by John Q]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Doesd anyone elsehere suffer from chronic headaches?I have since I was 9 or ten,Ive gone to the Dr.(nurologists,general practioners,nerosurgions,etc.)After CAT scans and MRIs no one could find any known cause-so basically all they did was prescribe me Vicodin and sedatives for my headaches(which I dont take anymore,just ibuprofen)My headaches dont fall into any known Migraine or other head pain category,j/w if nyone else suffered from these.The pain is ussualy on one of the temples in a isolated region.It gets worse when I use my mind(ie:school)

[edit on 3/27/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
jkrog08:

My mother gets the same type of inexplicable and totally untreatable migraines. They last in excess of a week or more at times, and are totally debilitating to her. Nothing has ever helped her. She began getting them shortly after her first "experiences" when she was younher.

The only thing that's ever helped her are L-Tyrosine supplements. She began taking those for unrelated reasons, and why they help isn't clear to us. Our doctor mentioned that L-Tyrosine may down-regulate T-lymphocyte levels and increase norepinephrine levels, but whether that occurs neurologically or just peripherally she couldn't confirm to us. She also couldn't say whether or not there's any reason any of that should be helping her migraines, so it may be entirely coincidental.

rjmelter:

I don't fear law enforcement. I was just describing some dreams I had that sounded similar to those of others. However, I am watching the video and will respond to it after it's finished. Thanks for letting me know about it!

[edit on 3/27/2008 by AceWombat04]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
hi everyone,im a 23 year old from Aruba.
All of my life i have felt presences around me,i am afraid most of the time to be alone in the house,at night i feel sleep paralysis,this happends about once a month,i have no experience with the supernatural but have always been very very interested in ufo's and the paranormal.Everytime i think about being alone or feeling a precense around me i shed tears and get goosebumps.This feeling is very strange and have felt it all my life.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I just read about the headaches,my mom and me get very intense headaches,she has migraines so bad that we have had to take her to the hospital various times,me myself have had every scan and test possible done,nothin found by doctors.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
shiftmaster-I wish I was in Aruba now(IVE BEEN THERE BEFORE)anyways could you post your exact bday or u2u me.

acewambat4-have you u2u'd me your bday?And were do I ge this stuff your mom takes?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sorry for the misunderstanding ace.

My intent with adding information is to see if anyone can find a common ground. If we can pull in enough ideas we will find an anwser.
Sorry is this is annoying Cosmic Storm. by the way... in my other post where i had stated im sceptical and all that... i am the worst person with wording things the way I want. I was saying that I doubt that it is entirely related to one source and not both. I think yall are right in this but I think we have been put into situations that would make our bodys react physically such as causing neurotransmitter levels to increase or decrease and then ultimately in affects the way we think about our world. etc. I whole heartedly agree with everyone here but am looking for anwsers in a very... odd way i guess.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
my mom used to suffer from headache all the time. she hasnt lately but the last time she went was like a year ago and they gave her medicine but it only got worse. i dont get them though. i just thought it was kind of wierd.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am currently on the same boat as you. I feel as if i've already been through this life once, but in a time where corruption was non-existant. Like you, I don't feel the same compared to others. I found when I was a little kid, that I was very different from the rest of my peers. For some reason, I can absorb knowledge at extreme rates.. and some topics of interest to me, appear as if I have read them once before. I chose not to neglect this and instead embrace it. I am currently only 16 years old, and yet I have a very high IQ. I am currently studying religion, ancient civilizations, space, quantum mechanics, nuclear physics, aerodynamics, and many others. I am very spirtual and I am beyond the novice level of meditation. I also have a strange ability to 'know' something, before it happens. I am most respected amung my peers nowadays, seeing as it appears I have changed there lives. If you wish to have a decent conversation about anything on this planet, contact me via though emaill..

[email protected]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mulphia

Could you u2u me on your thoughts on ancient civilizations and breakthrough quantum mechanics(FTL and so forth)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
JKROG08 Please stay on topic...

Welcome Mulphia

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes I u2u'd you my age. If you didn't get it, let me know. As for the L-Tyrosine, first it would be irresponsible of me not to say that I am not endorsing or recommending that anyone try it. I was just commenting that it had worked for my mother, and we still don't even know why. Anything you take should be discussed with your physician. That said, we buy ours at GNC (General Nutrition Center) because it seems to have the best formula.

reply to post by rjmelter

It's perfectly alright. I can see were you would have gotten that impression from my post. I'm still watching the video (I paused it to talk to someone on the phone and reply to this thread.) So far it hasn't told me anything that I wasn't yet aware of, but it's always good to refresh one's memory. For the last few years I've been putting together a timeline (of sorts) of all of the events in history that might pertain to such matters which are supported by at least some clear evidence, so that's why I already knew about a lot of it. (Though, some of it isn't entirely corroborated as yet, which is why we always need to be on guard against misinformation in my opinion.) At this point I neither believe nor disbelieve in such conspiracies, but the more I know the better I figure. I'll let you know what I think in more detail after I've watched it in full.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Since you've been having these dreams, have you had any marked increase in stress/anxiety? Or use psychotropic substances?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
for me, no stress or anxiety.......and no substances of any kind, not even medication

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join