It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming ended in 1998!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So wait... If we start at 1998, temperatures have dropped a bit?

...Why not start at say, 1901, and see what temperatures look like? A two-degree drop since '98 is pretty insignificant compared to an eleven-degree wise up to that point. You're still nine degrees too damn high.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
wil species become extinct probably will we no
will the earth recover of course

i think we think too hihly of ourselves to think that we can totally destroy forces of nature.

Ok, so polar bears will never go extinct? Migrating birds will continue to follow the same flight paths they always have? Honey Bees are just dormant, they're not actually dying off? How much nonsense can a person blind themselves with?

It's more likely that society is too complacent to see the fallout coming. It happened in 1980 when mount St Helens erupted, and that lasted over half a decade. What's coming by 2014 is man made.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

you tell me?

you know the number of bees had grown a lot in the last years so once they peaked the ecosystem could not support their numbers and thus they would diminish in numbers just like people once we are one too many for the earth there will be a famine that will kill millons until the balance is restored

i'm looking at everything the way i look at energy, since everything is basically just atoms and they cant be created or destroyed then everything runs in cycles of life and death on the plannet or am i wrong here?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

Your statement that the bee population is just adjusting is your perspective. It made the news that a good number of colonies have disappeared recently, which is a small indicator of the big picture.

Other indicators of overpopulation and encroachment is seen with the shrinking rain forest. The footprint large oil companies leave behind in these remote places are kept hidden with pay-offs to the local governments, and the indigenous people who live there never see a penny. Most of these occurances never make the news because the owners of these networks don't what to rock the boat (so to speak) with the corporations who are responsible.

Has it ever occured to anyone, how much damage the battle at Pearl Harbor and Midway actually caused to ocean and local aquatic life? Millions of gallons of gas and oil spilled, doesn't just sink to the bottom but is spread over thousands of miles. You think this just repairs itself by magic? What about the hundreds of oil spills and slicks that are dumped and left by Exxon oil tankers? You think oil just disappears over time because it's not covered by the news media? No, it's just compounded over decades of abuse, neglect, and denial.

Land, sea and air; politicians remain complacent, totally ignorant to the damage that has already been done, and what is yet to come.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I just don,t think the human race has enough experience of the earth to be sure what it,s going to do. If we had been around for 10% of this time and doing earth sciences for all that time we could probably guess with a 10% accuracy. As it stands the industrial revolution started a few hundred years ago and we have been able to do weather analysis since the invention of the thermometer and a few other guages around the 17th century. Before that it,s just folklore oh it was really cold then or hot no scientific data to speak of. So my point is the world is 4-10 billlion years old we have been investigating climatology for a few hundred years. So that means we could guess with a 0.0000000000000000001% accuracy i just think the human race is being arrogant in the extreme if the think they can start saying they know [Snip] about the earth,s climate. Come back in 400 million years then i,ll listen because we should have enough data to have an opinion on it. Right now it,s just psuedo science that politicians are using to there advantage to steal from us

[edit on 23-3-2008 by paranoidandroid99]

Mod Edit: Profanity removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use 1b.) Profanity. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 23/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Kinesis, alot of the things you said are true, but the true effects of pollution are not going to be that obvious. It won't turn our world upside down... in fact, carbon dioxide is something this planet is totally familiar with.

Ocean pollution will provide serious consequence in the next 50 years, and yes, people will deny reality. IF the ice cap is gone, I assume people will have already evacuated the coastline...

Humans aren't going to wake up one day in an Armageddon because of pollution and global warming.... we're going to roast in hot, long summers and go thirsty and hungry, and those are things that happen very slowly.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Ocean pollution will provide serious consequence in the next 50 years, and yes, people will deny reality. IF the ice cap is gone, I assume people will have already evacuated the coastline...

Humans aren't going to wake up one day in an Armageddon because of pollution and global warming.... we're going to roast in hot, long summers and go thirsty and hungry, and those are things that happen very slowly.

Don't be so sure. The decline of the global ecosystem has really just begun, considering what the statement in my previous posts, this is just an eye opener. I haven't mensioned the fault line that goes from the Gulf of Mexico up to the Great Lakes, which will be responsible for Armageddon (probably in 25-30 years). The fallout that I've described should happen in roughly 6 years.

Future generates will resent, loath, hate today's society with the utmost rue.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

I only brought him up because you did.

I did not 'bring him up'.

Reread the first posts by the thread creator.

I am not going to comment about Al Gore when you flat out say "his fake" etc. Doesn't leave any room for discussion. You obviously made up your mind

[edit on 013131p://23u29 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

NewWorldOver,

I am confused, havn't I been reading from other threads that you believe in 2012 there will be a catastrophic pole shift?

But now there is no Armageddon and we are going to experience the slow progression of climate change?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The ABC program was called 'Counterpoint' and it is an extreme right wing show. Supposedly for balance.
They get a lot of looneys on air.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I think he's killing manbearpig,cereal.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19DCW71
reply to post by RRconservative

I think he's killing manbearpig,cereal.

Let me guess, you heard that stupid expression at school, or on TV, and said to yourself "Hey, that's a pretty funny thing to say, I think I'll try that on ATS.. now that's cool!" So without a second thought, you went ahead and made a donkey of yourself.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
theres no need for name calling kinessis
anyway
back to may point i remember a few years ago when the finches here dissapeared for a while an these black birds expanded intead of them but eventually they cameback to the same levels and i think that is what is going on with the bees, there was no explanation given for that either btw

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Let's stick to the subject and leave personal observations out of this.

And the topic is?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

It was a little inside joke to whom I was posting my reply. So it had nothing to do with you or technically the post for which I do apologise people,but leave the moderators job to them.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
also i was wondering what are you basing your statements on is it on research or your own personal opinion. if its on science then perhaps you should read this article.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

when even science cant make up its own mind about it how can you?

i do believe that we should take care of our world but i also believe that we should take care not to get carried away in sensationalism of any kind.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinesis
reply to post by traderonwallst

Here we go again, another "safe and sound" debunker. Who and what gives credence to this Marohasy ignoramus anyway?
In about 15 to 20 years, there will nolonger be a polar ice cap on the north pole. The Iceland glaciers are receding at an unprecedented rate. The sea level will continue to rise, and drown out Japan, Great Britain, Indonesia, Hawaii, and most of northern Canada.

In the minds of people like Marohasy, what makes them feel comfortable is blanket statements like "Now, we are experiencing a cooling, but the next few years will be a little bit warmer, and everything will be normal again." So when enough people jump on this bandwagon statement, they feel capable enough to point fingers at Al Gore and make their disparaging remarks.

The problem isn't only global warming, it's global pollution. It's not just CO2, it's carbon monoxide, sulphur compounds, arsenic, and just about everything that comes out of burning oil wells in Iraq, exploding oil refineries in Texas, Steel Mills, DOW chemical plants, mining smelters, and the machinery that supports it. Exhaust from the family sedan is a small portion of this, but still contributes to the smog condition over crowded cities.

People can believe what they want, and skew the truth, wink and nudge enough people to go along with what they're saying, and stall any kind of movement toward change.

By 2014, a fallout will begin. Rust coloured snow. It will not be just a one-year phenomenon, but instead will continue for about 12-14 years. The industry is treating the upper atmosphere like a vacuum cleaner bag, relying on the assumption that what goes up will never come back down. Over the course of a few years, lakes and rivers will run afoul will high levels of lead and mercury. The roofs on peoples homes will be unable to support this fallen sedament and begin to collapse as a result of the accumulated weight. The acidity of this sludge-like sedament will erode all plantlife over time, and wildlife will suffer. Infestation will become a big problem. It goes on and on.

Mark my words, this is an inevitable catastrophe, which I believe 90% of the world's population will never expect. And when it finally does happen, people will still try to dismiss it as a temporary phenomenon.

Very bold statements here.Is this prognostication or have you some facts to back this up."the roofs on homes will be unable to support this fallen sedament and begin to collapse as a result of the accumulated weight"
There has been evidence of this in the past,it was caused by volcanic eruption.To be a global event,imo it will never happen

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

since you seem to know so much about "normal heating and cooling periods" of the earth, then of course there is no man-made temperture change, and all of the thousands of scientists that say we have global warming are just a bunch of liberal whack jobs protecting their grant money. and right leaning republicans have done such a fine job of running this country, and telling us the "real" truth. why, we don't even need to have the democratic party, we only need the republican party, because like FOX news likes to bestow upon itself, it is fair and balanced. i just don't understand how you can put up with liberals, they are just communists that want to overthrow our government...right? thank you for setting me striaght, i appreciate your compelling and reasoned approach to this subject.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Warming, cooling.........change..
None of that makes any difference to the alarmists.
To them, the key is Man Made.
And the key to that is: Man is bad.

I live in coastal florida.
Florida is basicly sand piled up on coral bed rock.
The whole place was underwater, at one time.
I think the mean elevation of my house is 14 ft above sealevel.
You would think I would be worried about global warming.
I am a lot more worried about people who want to politicize the weather.
History shows us that none of these crazy political "movements" exist without a very large cash infusion from things like trust funds.
Decades ago trust funds were set up to help humanity.
Now, they are being used to kill humanity, in favor of the "Earth".

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You may want to have a contingency plan as the polar ice caps do seem to be melting.

I recently listened to a lecture by a professor who has spent an inordinate amount of time in Antarctic and Greenland.

The Greenland ice sheet has warmed up several degrees since about 20 years ago. It is by no means a problem yet, but if the temperatures keep rising, you bet your ass its going to melt.

The West Antarctic ice sheet is over water and is in severe danger of falling into the ocean. The East Antarctic ice sheet is over land and is not in any real danger.

However, if the Greenland ice sheet and West Antarctic ice sheet melt or slip off into the ocean, places below 200 feet of sea level are going to be under water.

That's just plain hard facts. When millions of pounds of ice melt, well you get the picture.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea purchasing land at least a thousand feet above sea level. It'll save your life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join