It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Ermm..yeah - right. Perhaps it should read 'If no evidence can be accepted...' - which would be a far more accurate statement really.

Religion is NOT the tool of despots??? Puuleeze! Ever hear of the Taliban? No? How about the Catholic Church? No? Hmm... The Church Of England? What about The Jewish religion in your sacred rag The Bible? That book is crammed to overflowing with tales of genocide, mass murder and the pillaging of other peoples who did not share the jewish obsession with burning bushes and stone tablets.

Good try though...

J.

Whammy you got a radical here get out the Evil Religion Police!

BAD RELIGION!! BAD! BAD! BAD!

what should we do?? kill em all? or do it Dawkins way ? YOUR WAY??

I already don't like you more then the taliban just for being such a bigot

- Con

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Except atheistic religious beliefs you mean.

Ok...Even I, have to ask ya...is that an actual word or phrase????

Sounded good to me. lololol

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

um...faith without evidence maybe.

You don't believe in God so you don't believe in the evidence., you don't believe in the evidence because you don't believe in God

...no, see, you're confusing "faith" and "faith"

Faith is like I have the sun is going to rise in the morning but if you knew God and you don't, if you understood and you most certainly dont and never will because why??

one being belief without evidence and the other being trusting in a situation based on evidence

Chorus and SING!!

You don't believe in God so you don't believe in the evidence., you don't believe in the evidence because you don't believe in God

i have faith in my ability to stand...that's in no way the same as believing in a pantheon of deities atop mount olympus.

That's just it,, it doesn't for us either. So what is the difference? The way to the evidence you don't seek and don't want to is WHY you keep MISSING THE POINT

Chorus and sing!

C'mon everyone! Join in!

You kill me maddness ha ha ha

- Con

[edit on 22-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

"Faith is like I have the sun is going to rise in the morning but if you knew God and you don't, if you understood and you most certainly dont and never will because why??"

Hmmm...this sentence makes absolutely no sense to me. Is this some new form of the english language??

Oh, by the way - there IS no evidence for 'God' - period. In 2 thousand years the christians have yet to come up with one scrap of convincing proof yet! Will they ever? Of course not
Otherwise they would have done so long ago.

MadnessInMySoul kills you? Yeah - don't you just HATE logic??

J.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

A great many will mince words with you and attempt to tell you that atheism is NOT a religion.
But I tend to find that nothing more than smoke screen.

But they answer the spiritual question thusly they are a religion.
It's as simple as that.

Not to mention they are VERY much a collective.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I'M the 'bigot??? Heheheh...too funny!! No - I'm just honest pal - which is WHY you don't like me

J.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
This is a stereotype senerio by all concepts.

We must be careful in the words that we choose.

~Ducky~

Yeah yeah I see,, Indians DON'T drink a lot of beer and Rednecks are always sweet to gays Blacks Can't Jump, the Japanese don't all have cameras on them in sandiego and Jews are Always willing to pick up the tab.

If they stereotypes didn't contain a lot of truth

Stand up comics would go broke and Atheist couldn't be using 90% of their fundie material. Christians wouldn't be making threads about Atheist

Just Like this

- Con

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Spoodily

"God" and religion have NOTHING to do with each other.

Though they have absolutley NOTHING to do with each other.... this topic reigns supreme in this thread none-the-less.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'M the 'bigot??? Heheheh...too funny!! No - I'm just honest pal - which is WHY you don't like me

J.

I don't like ya simply because

you're mean

- Con

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

If no statistics can be accepted. Then no one should ask for statical
proof.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by Howie47] I generally do not ask for proof or evidence, because rarely does any meet my hair-splitting standards. usually I will ask for proof just to see someone try. Maybe I'ma little sick to set people up like that, but I do it out of tough love lol. Seriously though, I'm not out to attack people that believe differently than I do, I just wnat to challenge people's assumptions and misconceptions about "facts", "evidence", and "proof". I came to my own conclusion(Atheism) based mostly on my understanding of the fallacies of men and their innate desire to control things and appear more important than they really are. The only "proof" I considered was the fact that time and time again, people screw each other over endlessly for their own profit, and throughout time men have made the same greedy choices for the same greedy reasons.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Ok...you brought this up:

Yeah yeah I see,, Indians DON'T drink a lot of beer and Rednecks are always sweet to gays Blacks Can't Jump, the Japanese don't all have cameras on them in sandiego and Jews are Always willing to pick up the tab.

I'm actually a nice person....believe it or not, but what the hell, does this have to do with the tea in China, my friend?

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You want the evidence?

You think we didn't all start out just like you?

WE GOT THE PROOF

YOU DON'T and YOU won't do what it takes to see it so whether you think that's funny or stupid or gives you the impression you are more logical,,

I couldn't care any less

and I wish I could

- Con

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

Ok...you brought this up:

I'm actually a nice person....believe it or not, but what the hell, does this have to do with the tea in China, my friend?

~Ducky~

OH I know you are nice ducky I remember you,, it was just a point about truth in stereotypes is all.

OK?

- Con

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily

PS
Atheism is a religion, you buy too many books about false gods not to be.

[edit on 3/22/2008 by Spoodily]
Why would a Atheist buy books about false gods if he doesn't believe in any gods at all? I suppose with enough twisting and finagling, you could assert that Atheism is a religion, but the only reason you'd try to do that is to upset Atheists. Personally, you can call it whatever you wnat, a cult, a sect, a faction, whatever. I call it an assessment. I mean, I could call religion a mass delusion, but i have no interest in saying things like that because I don't want people belittling my beliefs, so I don't go around belittling anyone elses.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by Gigatronix]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Well you are missing the point of the thread then, I guess. Because what is being put forward is atheists overthrowing Christianity. So I guess it will be okay with you when the government decides to throw all Christians into Nazi-type concentration camps and blast atheistic dogma to us over the loud speakers.

I mean, this is after all, what this thread is about,,,an athiest fanatic who believes all Christians should be killed. So you missed it.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Do you know what I'm sick of? (Not YOU Conspiriology)

I'm sick of people coming forward with so-called-proofs, laying them on the line, and expecting the rest of us to ....gobble it all down, like it was the BEST meal we ever ate!

Ok...I'm done my rant.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

J.

I don't like ya simply because

you're mean

'Mean'
That's a new one to me. It's mean to be honest now? Hmm...I guess this not a forum after all - I guess I was mistaken, but for some reason I thought this was a place for discussion and debate? And opinion.

As for BW - I think he is quite capable of fighting his own fights, even if it's on the losing team most times. And yes - I really do see people like BW and his ilk as a serious and real danger in the US today. His kind of thinking would gel quite nicely with the puritanical fundementalism that drove the Taliban into power in Afghanistan. The Taliban ALSO insisted on a LITERAL translation of their holy book and it's application into the day to day lives of the people - and look where that got them!

Beware what you wish for my friend!

J.

- Con

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
I suppose without enough twisting and finagling, you could assert that Atheism is a religion, but the only reason you'd try to do that is to upset Atheists. Personally, you can call it whatever you wnat, a cult, a sect, a faction, whatever. I call it an assessment.

It's an approach that is common with a certain type of ideologue. Thus, evolution is a religion. So is human-induced global warming. And also atheism. All have been proposed to me numerous times.

Amazingly, that means I apparently have three religions. I take it in turns to pray/worship/meditate on a sunday. Tomorrow it's the turn of climate change, and I shall put the recycling out for the bin-men in honour of this, and turn off the central heating.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You want the evidence?

WE GOT THE PROOF

YOU DON'T and YOU won't do what it takes to see it so whether you think that's funny or stupid or gives you the impression you are more logical,,

I couldn't care any less

and I wish I could

- Con

Sorry my friend - I KNOW you have no proof, and if it wasn't for your personal 'beliefs' you would know it too
You can't afford to accept that you have no evidence because it would invalidate your faith.

J.

J.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Well, I guess your definition of religion is different than mine. What IS your definition of religion anyway? Since I'm newer here than you, I may have missed it on a thread somewhere.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

You want the evidence?

WE GOT THE PROOF

I couldn't care any less

and I wish I could

- Con

Sorry my friend - I KNOW you have no proof, and if it wasn't for your personal 'beliefs' you would know it too
You can't afford to accept that you have no evidence because it would invalidate your faith.

J.

J.

What is your proof Jimbo? What proof do you need to validate your faith in whatever it is you believe?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join