It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Ancient Life On Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
OK Guys! I know I’ve opened a can of worms! For those who are stressing that these are nothing but stones, I would like to reiterate what I had mentioned in the opener - that these pics are no proof of a long gone alien civilization! But the idea was to show you the strange looking artifacts on Mars that would be extremely difficult to find on Earth. Can anyone show similar shaped rocks here?

will you speculate that there is life on other planets and saturns and jupiters' moons when we start gettign more pictures from current fly by missions?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
And the other four pictures

Thank you Telos and iammonkey for bringing photo untitled 101 to our attention. This skull is very similar to a skull discovered by Mars Sojourner with the same ridges on top of the skull and facial bone structure.

I look for NASA to make the announcement that microbial life exists on Mars from the information and scientific tests gathered from the Phoenix mission to Mars if a successful touchdown takes place. Rik Riley

[edit on 19-3-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hey internos! The original NASA image where that so called 'ammo box' artifact was found is here...

Sol 1420 / 2P252423477EFFAX00P2261L5M1 L2L5L5L7L7

Check out the area toward the bottom left. Note that the area where these objects are lying is much darker than the surrounding area! I wonder why??

And thanks to you and ArMaP for finding that NASA presentation. So why would they term it as 'unfathomable'?

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
A BIG Thank you to Telos for putting my pictures up

and also to you mike for explaing how to do it
will add my take on this if i have time later. Thanks again both of you.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Why assume that if any artefacts are found on Mars they would represent a lost indigenous civilisation and that there would be "lots" of them.

Could just be a Mars version of Roswell.

One single proven artefact would be an ex-terrestial holy grail.

Edited to add imagine the uproar the Rover is causing being watched by the Venusians !

[edit on 20-3-2008 by chunder]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Very interesting, i wonder how mars got to be the way it is now, if it once was furtle and could support life

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Hey Mike (and Internos too),

I was just wondering if you guys found these objects through your own diligence? And.. if so.. Are you keeping an eye on Hoagland to make sure he's not stealing your findings and claiming them for himself?

I'd hate to see Hoagland profiteering off yours and Internos' hard work! He tends to display the attitude that Mars belongs to him!

Respect,
InfraRedMan

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
WOW, cool!

Good stuff, I love it! Star+Flag!

I love the closed minded coming in and ranting. This is a forum for disscusion, and all view points are needed, but I fail to see how "this is all BS, your just ignorant" is a disscusion.

BTW, a millitary man's view on the "machine gun". I know my weapons, really well so that I can identify them from even small parts, and even ones I've never seen before are often obvious in what country designed them, what they might be used for, ect. Granted this is no earth weapon (if it is one at all), but if it is a weapon I can make some good earthly geusses.

At the risk of sounding too cooky to the debunkers...

From my point of view, there is too little pattern on the sides of the weapon to be feeding projectiles, no ramp, no chargeing handle. Could be a feed tray or slot or ejection port on the side, but I get the feeling its a window or adjustment area, or seem from manufacture. The flat/wide area on the barrel is of intrest to me, I see it as either an energy or chemical combineing point. Its in the wrong place to be for cooling, were it an earth weapon. The bit at the end of the barrel on earth wepons is usualy to hide the muzzle flash or control muzzle climb during full-auto firing, OR on flamethrowers its to hold the igniter! I'm pretty sure about the trigger and sighting systems though, kind of like wheels and axels on a car, not going very far without them. It felt dented when I was traceing the lines, but only in sevral spots, reminded me of damaged AK47's I've seen left behind on earth battlefields. Oh and given its size the ammo box is too big to be feeding this weapon, if it is realted I'd call it a chem-tank or battery pack for either a flame thrower or laser weapon. Of course you need O2 for flames, so maybe its a chemical weapon of some sort, but if they were fighting there it was probably a diffrent climate as well.

Update: LOL of course I forgot it could also be a petiside sprayer, epoxy/glue gun, paint gun, or leaf blower (for those offended by guns). Hey, the Martians had to spray all those waskely Martain bunnys with SOMETHING, to keep them away from thier crinoid crops! :p

I hope you don't mind too much- I butcherd your great pic (say the word and its gone, and only posted here, Karma can be a cruel mistress, she cut off the photo I tried to mutilate).

Here is link to the whole thing I did: Full picture

I know Hoagland is a dirty word around here, but man this reminds me of the "Tom Corbett, Space Cadet" viewmaster reels about the war on mars. Look twoards the bottom of this page at the comics, so cool!

Mars is, indeed, the “Forbidden Planet

P.S. Mike- your pics of artifacts are a lot better than the ones Hoagland has!

[edit on 20-3-2008 by HellHound63S]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HellHound63S

Hi HellHound!! Hmmm...So we're from the same tribe!! (Check out what's written on top of my avatar for a hint!!
)

Now why do you think I mentioned that the artifact resembles a machine gun of sorts? That's what one tends to conjure up after seeing weapons for decades whilst in the Army!!
But it's nice to have someone like you who sees what I tend to see!

And that annotation/overlay sketch of the 'weapon' was superb!
But needless to say, it could just be a verrry funny lookin' rock!! A miraculous geological configuration!! I wonder if any geologist has found such naturally occurring shapes on Earth?

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Thanx IRM! Yeah most of the stuff was the result of poring over the original NASA images and burning midnight oil except for the humanoid and bird skull with the Earth comparison, which I have reproduced with JP Skippers permission and the 'bunny rabbit' which was originally on Rense. These have been mentioned in the refs in the opener. The images referred to in the website 'thelivingmoon' are mine (Pegasus Research Consortium).

Let ol' Hoagy do some research on these images and see what explanations he comes up with!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'd love to know how a person becomes a subject matter expert by continuously posting pictures of rocks with thread titles that are completely misleading followed by a question mark.

I mean you could have posted anything in the world followed by a question mark basically.

It's no surprise the way this place is run. I have emailed the admins no less than 10 times about an account I cannot log into with no response whatsoever, so it doesn't surprise me they make somone an "expert" who doesn't know photographic anomolies and rocks from ancient life.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

Well, your name, 'rocks are rocks', says it all! Rocks everywhere including the space between my ears! I was wondering where my brains were? Now I know! I don't have any!

Thanks for this revelation!!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I don't think we can say how long any erosion takes place on Mars at all. All we have so far is the damage done to our surface bases probes, which you can see some pretty good wear. The storms on Mars are so much more severe than on Earth (sandstorms and tornadoes). About every 6 years most of Mars is just covered in sandstorms. The Viking landers recorded weather for quite awhile, so lets say 15-30 m/s is average for the sandstorms. But, we cannot say what exactly is kicked up during those storms. Enough to block out the Sun, we know that. Enough to damage bones? Dunno, but after thousands of years, eventually I would think.

Now this is where it gets tricky. IF life evolved on Mars, why should it have bones like life on Earth? They would not need to be as strong because of lighter gravity. So they might decay faster. Or, not even be made of calcium. Should the Sun "bleach" them? ...It's all guesswork.

Lets say life was on Mars. The atmosphere, water, and life was simply destroyed by something. That cause would dictate how the remains would be intact. If everything on the surface is destroyed, then under the surface is the best spot to look for remains. The normal decay cycle would not longer function after that either.

Mars was hit (we think) pretty bad on one side. Enough to resurface half the planet's crust. With that much damage, should we expect to see bones on the surface of the planet?

I can't be proved wrong, but I can't be proved right; same turn I can't say your wrong at all, its all food for thought. There are way to many variables that are missing that we just use "what we see on Earth" to fill in the gaps, which could be way off; or could be right on.

I think, our best bets are. First send another probe that is able to actually dig more than 4 inches into the ground and sample for simple life. Also, have it land by the series of caves we discovered. Who knows what could be in an under surface cave on Mars. I don't doubt at all we will find life currently on Mars. Just can't say how complex it could have ever made it.

Two, send humans to Mars...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Most of these are jut tricks of light.

However, there are some images from Mars that are yet to be debunked.

Some of these shapes are just too Symmetrical to be shadows. I have seen evidence of ancient buildings & even Cities on the Mars anomalies website that are just too coincidental.

Only one way to find out though isn't there...lol

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Cool thread, mike!

Just for the heck of it I thought I'd see what kind of Earth rocks and rock formations have been photographed and put on the internet. Here's some of what I found. I was looking for things that someone might see in a Mars picture and think, "What in the world is that?!?" I assume that they've all come to their photographed state naturally, and without being shaped by human hands.

I've also included some feigned speculation on what I would think this thing could be if I saw it in a Mars picture of less than ideal quality.

My point here is that it's easy to see rocks, formed by natural means, that may appear to be made by something else. I'd love to learn that those Mars rocks are artificially made...I hope we find something there that can't be excused as "just rocks" or "tricks of light". But I think it's important to remember that a strange rock can easily appear as something else, especially when one considers the color changing and sometimes questionable quality of the Mars images.

The following three pictures come from this page, toward the bottom.

- Perhaps this is a tool or weapon left lying around?

- Another tool/weapon that is shattered?

- No idea!

The following picture is from this page.

- Giant skulls? Broken storage containers?

On here you can find the following image by clicking on the link called "Flying Turtle" about halfway down the page.

- A vehicle of some kind? Perhaps a communications antenna or device?

Here are two more from this page. They're of the same rock formation, taken from two different angles.

- Another vehicle, or maybe a building?

- Same as the previous picture.

From this page, fourth row down on the right side column.

- A weapon of some kind? Some sort of storage silo?

Here's another one, from this site...you have to scroll down a little bit.

- Landing platforms for flying craft? Poor extraterrestrials' tanning beds?

And another, from this site.

- I'm not sure about this one!

One more...from here.

- Buried silos for missiles or storage? Dwellings of some kind?

Two from this site.

- Antennas? Some sort of energy device like a Tesla Coil?

- An ancient fortress?

[edit on 20-3-2008 by John_Q_Llama]

[edit on 20-3-2008 by John_Q_Llama]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow_Lord

Now this is where it gets tricky. IF life evolved on Mars, why should it have bones like life on Earth? They would not need to be as strong because of lighter gravity. So they might decay faster. Or, not even be made of calcium. Should the Sun "bleach" them? ...It's all guesswork.

Good points ShadowLord! I didn't think about lighter/frailer bone structures but it makes perfect sense! Perhaps (this is just speculation) they could have developed in a similar fashion to bird bones if (and this is a big if) Mars did propagate complex lifeforms in it's distant past.

Nice post mate!

Edit for bad grammar and poor brain functions! lol!!!

[edit on 20/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I didn't realise you were a contributer etc at Pegasus. I havn't been there in a while. Originally I got put onto it by a John Lear appearance on C2C quite a while back. I love that site! Might have to go back for another looksee

Kudos Mike!

[edit on 20/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

Excellent pics John!
Heck! Some of them are amazing especially the very last one that resembles a 'fortress'!

I guess we need to analyze the atmospheric conditions and geology of Mars in greater detail before arriving at any definite conclusion. But that means getting one's boots there and that ain't going to happen any time soon! 2030? Well, happy speculations till then!

And here's an interesting image of another 'skull', but this time on the Moon in Shorty crater!!

Courtesy: The Enterprise Mission

The Red stripe is not an artifact of image processing, according to RCH. The complete story is Here...

Cheers!

[edit on 20-3-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Nice pic's Mike! It's just ashamed you have to dig through crates to expose things this goverment hides in their "bag of denile." All it would take is one answered question by this goverment and the ET thing would be put to rest. Keep digging!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i275.photobucket.com... lokks like a big leg bone, look at the object above it follow it down to your yellow square, looks like sand coverd the middle of the bone???

[edit on 20-3-2008 by plasmacutter]

[edit on 20-3-2008 by plasmacutter]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join