It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knock knock. Who's there? It's the police.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Knock knock. Who's there? It's the police.

blogs.usatoday.com

D.C. offers amnesty to people who let police search their homes for guns, drugs.
Knock knock. Who's there? It's the police. We want you to let us search your residence. In return for signing a consent form, we'll give you amnesty for any guns or drugs that we find among your personal belongings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
washingtontimes.com

[edit on 13-3-2008 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Isn't that nice of the police to offer both amnesty, and random searches. Is there any shred of our Constitution left?

blogs.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-3-2008 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
slightly off topic---

i thought this thread was going to be...

Knock knock,
who's there?

ME! i Kill you!

linky

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Scary very very Scary.

I am fully convience we are no longer in a free country.

Don't let them in, then what? Go down on a list of being a terrorist, someone who needs to be watched and put into jail over running a red light.

Then they come into your home when your in jail.

Are they going to clean up their mess when they are done ramsacking your home?!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Isn't that nice of the police to offer both amnesty, and random searches. Is there any shred of our Constitution left?

I think Bush has a piece he saved out of the shredder... probably for investment purposes.

Oh, sheesh... one liner. Sorry!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

It doesn't take a lot of convincing, all you have to do is look around, freedom left this country around 40 yrs ago

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sounds like the initial stages of disarming the citizenry. What's next? sharp objects and anything that can be used as a club?If they're allowed to do this in DC, it'll spread all over the country..

[edit on 3/13/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

disarming the citizen is correct. This is exactly what is going on. Only going to get worse.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We are only here to work and pay taxes, the government has the rest of the power now. But we the people stood around and let it happen. Don't know what's next on the list? Maybe just getting rid of our constitution? I sure hope there a fight left in the american citizens when it's time to stop this madness.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

That's what I'm afraid of.. I'd like to think all of the talk of illegal searches, gun confiscations, and detention camps are false, but something tells me they're not. God Help us all, cause nobody else will.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

It has been time to stop this madness for years.
The people are afraid of the government, and for good reason.
The government already has its spies in the populace, and has for a long time. Their primary purpose being to destroy opposition before it can get started, so that no organized resistance can be formed.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by DwnitsDwn]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I know. I say that a lot. We are in trouble. I give it less than 4 years before my whole country is something I know longer recognize.

link

Wonder if this is a clue?

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have been laughing for about 10 minutes at how ridiculous this is..Are you sure this isn't a joke?

Police: Hi! Can we enter your home and search it for whatever reason?

Me: Hi! Can you # Off for whatever reason?

apc

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How about you get off my property and I'll give you amnesty for trespassing.

What about anything other than guns or drugs they find? Any protection there? Who's to guarantee they grant amnesty anyway? Once they have the evidence it takes an expensive lawyer to get it suppressed even if it was an outright illegal search. As anybody who would voluntarily let the pigs in is probably pretty dumb anyway, I'm guessing they don't have much money to throw into a court battle.

And that's exactly who they're targeting.

Later this month, The Examiner says officers assigned to the poorest part of the city will start going "door-to-door asking residents for permission to search their homes."

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Cop's are not allowed to grant amnesty like some priest granting absolution to a penitent...ridiculous. Some stupid city attorney thought up this insanity, no doubt.

Cop's today rely almost totally on CONSENT searches, as it makes their ' job's ' much easier. All they have to do instead of investigating and gathering evidence and presenting it to a magistrate to get a warrant...you remeber, it's called police work...instead they simply intimidate and threaten and browbeat the People into throwing away their Constitutional rights and they get all they crave in one neat package!!

If anyone trusts the word of a cop, they need their heads examined. Cop's LIE..all day, every day..to get consent and to misadvise the people about the law. The sick courts have ruled that it is legal for cop's to lie...and if they say you will not get charged, they are lying. If they decide to charge you, the consent you gave will negate anything you claim they said before you stupidy trusted them and allowed a warantless search.

" Let us intrude into your home and search it with no probable cause ". In the old days the average citizen would have accused the cop who said that of being drunk or crazy...no citizen would have allowed such an illegal and stupid thing to happen to them...but back then, not too long ago, the people were less afraid of authority and would take a stand.

Today the vast majority of the People are intimidated by the thug cop's and their lies...and will allow a search because they are conditioned not to ' talk back ' or refuse what the cop demands. It takes a determined stance and a resolve to tell them to go to hell...just say NO!! NO to the cop's!! NO to warrantless searches!! NO, every time.

If every resident would slam the door shut..or never open it in the first place, when the cop's Nazi thugs come calling, the forces of evil and oppression will think twice about schemes like this: Cop's should not even be allowed loegally to knock on a door and ask such impertinent and Constitution destroying questions as the ones used in this case..Sick.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just a point to ponder. So you are squeaky clean and you let the pigs in for a little amnesty foreplay. Than, theres a ruckus in your bedroom where a pig/nazi/gestapo agent begun rummaging, than yells "drugs" and the pigs/gestapo/nazis all run for the crime scene.

You go, wtf and a pig/nazi tells you to get on the floor. Now you know your squeaky clean and you have nothing to worry about. But since this BS is homeland security funded, the pigs/nazi/gestapo has to pull results from there arses in order to keep the funding flowing. Now you get the third degree with questions. Your name is entered into the systems database for homeland security to tag you as a criminal risk. The nazi/gestapo/pigs give you a scare you will never forget by telling you of the evils of drugs and how lucky you were they found your stash during an amnesty campaign. You now have a turned upside down house to straighten with utter disbelief this just happened.

You know they planted the stuff, but not that its a bogus plan to fulfill homeland securities NWO scare tactic to subjugate citizens with false information perpetrated by the tax payer servants.

Than you realize how lucky you were and get mad at yourself you trusted these thugs who just victimized you. But, who do you complain to after you've been marked.

Welcome to the New World Order of disorder.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Anyone living in the dc area . Should get to hte sign making , Start posting signs warning about this . I would make a sign for my door that read "I know my rights and no you may not enter my home"

Please warn your neighbors/friends/family. They may not know there rights.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
reply to post by LLoyd45

I know. I say that a lot. We are in trouble. I give it less than 4 years before my whole country is something I know longer recognize.

I'm thinking much sooner.. Hopefully I'm just another irrational, delusional, paranoid thinking, societal outcast living on the fringe..

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
OldWorldDisorder,

Does it really matter that you know your rights? Really, think about it.

Check this out here.

link for no reason.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
"Domestic Terrorist" Bill anyone?

You say "no" to the search and seizure, and you are put on a list of people considered "potential threats to security."

You say "yes" to the search and seizure, and the cops find guns. Now you are put on a list of people considered to be known quasi-felons, thus considered "potential threats to security."

- Edited for spelling.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Double Eights]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join