It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Christians Been Duped?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
reply to post by Elisha4Yah

I am curious as to what makes you believe what the bible says is the whole truth? Is it because the bible say's so?

I thought at first that matrix was off her rocker, I could not have been more wrong. she is very down to earth. if you put your bias in the bible aside for a moment then you might be surprised at what you find!

I do not believe it is conceivably possible to give you the answer you seek from me, because no matter what I give it will not be enough and you will not be able to see from the point of view I see from. But I can sum it up it one word. Faith. If I could find an ancient mysterious and magical way to bottle it up and rub it upon the eyes of the darkened souls today, you would be on my list

If you put aside using words such as "biased" which respect to those as myself who do continue believing the Word of God; then we all might be surprised!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I find it funny you proclaim the name of jesus, yet your post came off like I threw mud in your eye. you dont answer the question posed to you, you instead insult me like you know me.

It's ok with me however you want to react to a post, try not dodging the questions in the future.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I find it funny you proclaim the name of jesus, yet your post came off like I threw mud in your eye. you dont answer the question posed to you, you instead insult me like you know me.

It's ok with me however you want to react to a post, try not dodging the questions in the future.

I did not take it that way at all. And I did answer you in one word. Faith.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Originally posted by Elisha4Yah

Faith. If I could find an ancient mysterious and magical way to bottle it up and rub it upon the eyes of the darkened souls today, you would be on my list

I find it presumptious that you would assume I am ( or anyone else ) is a " darkened soul ". the threat to magically bottle it up and rub it in my eyes was kinda disturbing.

Always keep in mind that you dont know me, or no where I have been. don't assume you know anyone or that you are better because YOU have a belief in jesus.

what was the topic again? oh yeah, the answer is YES, christians have been DUPED.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elisha4Yah

Faith. If I could find an ancient mysterious and magical way to bottle it up and rub it upon the eyes of the darkened souls today, you would be on my list

I find it presumptious that you would assume I am ( or anyone else ) is a " darkened soul ". the threat to magically bottle it up and rub it in my eyes was kinda disturbing.

Always keep in mind that you dont know me, or no where I have been. don't assume you know anyone or that you are better because YOU have a belief in jesus.

what was the topic again? oh yeah, the answer is YES, christians have been DUPED.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by pureevil81]

It was not meant to be disturbing. I defined it that way because that is what the general society of non-believers desire. It was meant to be cute and funny. I'm inclined to say you and I ought not discuss; you are extremely pint up and defensive. Go out and breathe some fresh air, look at the stars consider the heavens and how they got there, look in the mirror, blow out your breath and see if you can capture it and consider how is it that you even breathe...THEN perhaps we might can discuss in all seriousness and maturity.

Goodnight.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Sweetie, I have said and felt the same as you have expressed, and for over 40 years! I do these threads partially as a living amends to those I have (like you) beat over the head with my former self-righteousness.

You will not convert me back to my vomit. I wouldn't have the understanding that I now have if it weren't for Jah and all of heavenly congress.

But I respect your right to believe what you want and ask the same for me. If I am doomed, well then, at least it will not be for lack of searching and questioning everything.

The Bible was on the surface written for Christians like you. It succeeded. But delving deeper into this amazing book, knowing that it was actually written for those like me, who choose to be sleuths, to find deeper meanings without any of the dogma. It has worked!

You will not have the ability to use your shame tactics to sway me. Your prayers will have no effect...right, wrong, or indifferent!

[edit on 27-12-2008 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

Sweetie, I have said and felt the same as you have expressed

You will not convert me back to my vomit.

The Bible was on the surface written for Christians like you. It succeeded.

You will not have the ability to use your shame tactics to sway me. Your prayers will have no effect...right, wrong, or indifferent!

Honey, you and I are nothing alike, please do not insult me with you condescending words. What I've written to you in response to this topic only scratches the mere surface of who I am and I'm not so ignorant to think that I can convert a person hiding behind a computer/conspiracy forum. My desire is not to use any tactics to sway you, that would be your own conscious seared with a hot iron.

Good luck in your little journey. You don't have much time left because "we Christians" who believe in the Word of God know and understand why "people like you" have fallen away and the time is short from here on out.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

No, actually I was being most direct!

Good luck in your little journey. You don't have much time left because "we Christians" who believe in the Word of God know and understand why "people like you" have fallen away and the time is short from here on out.

This is what is referred to as shaming! No surprise that most on ATS have no patience any longer for any of you. I am sure Jesus is very proud to call you one of his own with all the love and righteous feelings you display with us heathens.

Thankfully, he did not set this example, but the evil in Christianity has produced this grand love, and concern!

It is no wonder that Christians have, over all, been duped! They have long lost, that lovin' feelin.'

Actually the time has been short for more than a century. Armageddon actually has been going on for more than that long, a long with the GT. In this, you will find yourself a day late and a dollar short.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

No, actually I was being most direct!

Your way of being direct is intentionally like a slithering snake; waiting for any opportunity to justify your claims to rejecting the Bible. Little do you understand that not one of the nearly 7 billion people in this world are responsible for "your" disregard of the Word of God, you just need someone to blame because you cannot seem to take responsibility for yourself. Pathetic. I might actually have *some* respect for you if you at least took the responsibility for your own lack of faith.

This is what is referred to as shaming! No surprise that most on ATS have no patience any longer for any of you. I am sure Jesus is very proud to call you one of his own with all the love and righteous feelings you display with us heathens.

You start a topic titled "Have Christians been duped" (which is instigating) and then you wait for the opportunity for a Christian to enter the discussion and use their response(s) to accuse and/or justify why you are not one and evidentially you pride yourself in this manner? No surprise in your case either that "Christians" are losing that "lovin feeling". What do you expect? You want to just instigate all over this forum with the expectation that Christians are just going to allow you to sport with them? I believe the tolerance from true believers and followers of the Word goes further than your feeble mind can grasp.

Thankfully, he did not set this example, but the evil in Christianity has produced this grand love, and concern!

He? The "He" whom you reject? So which is it? Do you believe in Him or not? If not then cease using "him" as a scapegoat. Boy you will find even a religion/book/faith which you've duped & rejected, to pin the blame! Why don't you blame it on the rain or a fart?

It is no wonder that Christians have, over all long lost, that lovin' feelin.'

It's no wonder

Actually the time has been short for more than a century. Armageddon actually has been going on for more than that long, a long with the GT. In this, you will find yourself a day late and a dollar short.

Actually...how would you know truth being that you openly reject it? If you want to discuss the Bible with me and learn what it is that I believe regarding these things, then I'm open to discussion, otherwise spare me of your assumptions regarding my belief(s). You are like the rest of the controlled and manipulated world of non-believers; you'll weigh in the balances what you believe *in your own mind* and at the same time reject the source; there is a passage about you types...hmmm Oh yes! Thieves and robbers, trying to get in the door another way, yet you will be placed in derision and strong delusion. So "actually" it is you who is duped. I'm sorry.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

No, you are not a victim but a volunteer. No one made you respond to this thread nor be a member on ATS!

So "actually" it is you who is duped. I'm sorry.

Are you really? Or are you being emotionally dishonest? Your message is one of religious contemptuousness and you end it on a lie.

You are angry at my words and instead of kicking the dust off your feet and moving on, your buttons are pushed, and you need to hold me accountable for your anger.

So then, you emotionally lie to cover up your dis-ease.

Never fear, God has the last say, and who knows? You could be right.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I do apologize but jesus was man. That is what made him able to be sacrificed and as a man he was a son of god. He was a reble who stude up against the man and show their true colors. he talked about good sh!t and all but he got what was coing to him.66-100 years later his so called followers went nuts and started a revlotion. the romans couldnt beat them so they created christainity. The idea of a supream being only matters in the case of death and in that the body shuts down and there are about 12 min. of brain activity( enough time to have a nice dream if you have nive dreams) then nuthing. on sences, nurron activity, nuthin. Why wont people wise up to this scientific fact? The soal is a mediforical term for feelings.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by eightpoundworld]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

No, you are not a victim but a volunteer. No one made you respond to this thread nor be a member on ATS!

What are you on about? The more you post the more confused you appear. Yeah actually there are men in black suits with an alien leader forcing me to respond to your ridiculous postings

So "actually" it is you who is duped. I'm sorry.

Are you really? Or are you being emotionally dishonest? Your message is one of religious contemptuousness and you end it on a lie.

Yes I'm truly and sincerely and genuinely sorry for your self-induced duping.

You are angry at my words and instead of kicking the dust off your feet and moving on, your buttons are pushed, and you need to hold me accountable for your anger.

I'm not angry at your words. Your words pose no threat nor are even conducive to my faith. Where have I held you accountable for anything? Wasn't it you holding everyone and everything accountable for your lack of consistency in the belief of the Bible?

So then, you emotionally lie to cover up your dis-ease.

Explain?

Never fear, God has the last say, and who knows? You could be right.

Right about what? Why are you so evasive? Of course God will have the last say (because He has already spoken) I'm guessing you have something against "Religion" and specifically "Christianity"? So what happened? Are you aware that not all people who revere the Word of God are sitting in churches and pulpits? So what you see out there and despise is most likely equally as revolting to me. I love the Word of God and live as much as I can for Him who died for you and me. I don't concern myself with what the masses are doing or are not doing and here is why:

Revelation 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Your expectation that you can cast word stones and wormwood and receive in return love from a believer is audacious. No one, including myself here is harming you, if truth hurts then I suppose the old saying is true. Be a little less demanding, less accusing and give a believer a reason to shower you with gifts; otherwise take your heaping coals like a man and stop whining.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Your expectation that you can cast word stones and wormwood and receive in return love from a believer is audacious.

I thought that giving back love no matter the treatment received was exactly what Christians are called to do. Of course that doesn't mean to volunteer for abuse.

Be a little less demanding, less accusing and give a believer a reason to shower you with gifts; otherwise take your heaping coals like a man and stop whining.

Gifts? Freely you have received, right? Then freely give... patience, kindness ... against such there is no law, yes?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Dude its all about rightcus anger. and you really shouldnt use the belifes you disagree with to back you up, you look despret. use science and comon noledge. And when you attack your not helping. the problem with these people is they believe what they need to (or want to) they're not always thinking logecly. and always question but don't expect the right anwser.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by eightpoundworld]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.

Your expectation that you can cast word stones and wormwood and receive in return love from a believer is audacious.

I thought that giving back love no matter the treatment received was exactly what Christians are called to do. Of course that doesn't mean to volunteer for abuse.

Explain to me in your terms what love is. Again...you all instigate, then wait for the opportunity to accuse a believer. So if you do not believe in the Word of God, then stop using it as the source of your in justification(s) against a person who does believe. We are not told to let the demonic forces lash out and speak against us; we are told what we are up against and to discern how to handle each individual. Maxi is not seeking love, clearly, therefore she/he will receive what she/he seeks in return. Not to mention, truth is not always a tiptoe through the tulips my friend, even love sometimes can appear and seem very strong.

Be a little less demanding, less accusing and give a believer a reason to shower you with gifts; otherwise take your heaping coals like a man and stop whining.

Gifts? Freely you have received, right? Then freely give... patience, kindness ... against such there is no law, yes?

I'm quite patient, also kind and very loving. The member you defend has actually told me not to pray for her/him. I'm not going to sit here and continue to go back and forth with you or anyone and I'm certainly not going to say "I love you" or "I'm sorry" to have my sincerity questioned and/or mocked on this forum. You sow it, you will eventually reap it and the loving Christian you all have stamped upon for all these years is now serving you with
Get used to it. Deal with it. You want hearts and love and roses, then seek that and you will get that.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Elisha4Yah]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Explain to me in your terms what love is.

In my terms? I really don't have time to write a book. Therefore, would 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 suffice?

4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; ...

Again...you all instigate, then wait for the opportunity to accuse a believer. So if you do not believe in the Word of God, then stop using it as the source of your in justification(s) against a person who does believe.

Dear one, I see you are hurt. Even so, please do not be so quick to judge another to be an unbeliever.

We are not told to let the demonic forces lash out and speak against us; we are told what we are up against and to discern how to handle each individual. Maxi is not seeking love, clearly, therefore she/he will receive what she/he seeks in return. Not to mention, truth is not always a tiptoe through the tulips my friend, even love sometimes can appear and seem very strong.

Actually, I was thinking of a certain parable concerning Maxi's posts. It is the one in Matthew 21:28-31. Here, I'll post it:

28"But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, 'Son, go work today in the vineyard.'

29"And he answered, 'I will not'; but afterward he regretted it and went.

30"The man came to the second and said the same thing; and he answered, 'I will, sir'; but he did not go.

31"Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the kingdom of God before you.

What does it matter if Maxi has decided to not be a member of the Christian community? They have said that they love Jesus, and I think even said that they have accepted Jesus as savior. Perhaps, if they were to consider themselves to be a part of the Christian community that it would motivate them to do things that is against the Father's will. That can be a very brave and difficult thing to do, don't you think?

I'm quite patient, also kind and very loving.

I'm sure you are.

The member you defend has actually told me not to pray for her/him. I'm not going to sit here and continue to go back and forth with you or anyone and I'm certainly not going to say "I love you" or "I'm sorry" to have my sincerity questioned and/or mocked on this forum. You sow it, you will eventually reap it and the loving Christian you all have stamped upon for all these years is now serving you with
Get used to it. Deal with it. You want hearts and love and roses, then seek that and you will get that.

Sometimes it is best to not concentrate on what others do and how they do it, but to instead concentrate on ourselves and our own responses. If we allow ourselves to sink to a level that is perceived as wrong, doesn't make anyone right.

All the best to you.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Explain to me in your terms what love is.

In my terms? I really don't have time to write a book. Therefore, would 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 suffice?

4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; ...

Again...you all instigate, then wait for the opportunity to accuse a believer. So if you do not believe in the Word of God, then stop using it as the source of your in justification(s) against a person who does believe.

Dear one, I see you are hurt. Even so, please do not be so quick to judge another to be an unbeliever.

We are not told to let the demonic forces lash out and speak against us; we are told what we are up against and to discern how to handle each individual. Maxi is not seeking love, clearly, therefore she/he will receive what she/he seeks in return. Not to mention, truth is not always a tiptoe through the tulips my friend, even love sometimes can appear and seem very strong.

Actually, I was thinking of a certain parable concerning Maxi's posts. It is the one in Matthew 21:28-31. Here, I'll post it:

28"But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, 'Son, go work today in the vineyard.'

29"And he answered, 'I will not'; but afterward he regretted it and went.

30"The man came to the second and said the same thing; and he answered, 'I will, sir'; but he did not go.

31"Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the kingdom of God before you.

What does it matter if Maxi has decided to not be a member of the Christian community? They have said that they love Jesus, and I think even said that they have accepted Jesus as savior. Perhaps, if they were to consider themselves to be a part of the Christian community that it would motivate them to do things that is against the Father's will. That can be a very brave and difficult thing to do, don't you think?

I'm quite patient, also kind and very loving.

I'm sure you are.

The member you defend has actually told me not to pray for her/him. I'm not going to sit here and continue to go back and forth with you or anyone and I'm certainly not going to say "I love you" or "I'm sorry" to have my sincerity questioned and/or mocked on this forum. You sow it, you will eventually reap it and the loving Christian you all have stamped upon for all these years is now serving you with

Sometimes it is best to not concentrate on what others do and how they do it, but to instead concentrate on ourselves and our own responses. If we allow ourselves to sink to a level that is perceived as wrong, doesn't make anyone right.

All the best to you.

I must tell you that I'm not new to this forum or any others and I've seen all the various behaviours, some are easy to spot right on and some not so easy or recognizable. Yours is easy and recognizable and inappropriate. Go back and read what the person has stated about Our Saviour and His Word. Forget what anyone thinks of me, or Christians and let's get to the overall issue at hand; this member has openly rejected salvation, states Christians are duped, the Bible is basically a lie and they connect with God in some other way...knowing that there is only ONE WAY.

Then you come along playing some sort of devils advocate and make me appear as wrong in my response/reaction and also see hurt where there is no hurt. I'm not ignorant to you schemes nor Maxi's. If Maxi would like to talk with me about faith, I've openly expressed my willingness...but Maxi only wants to instigate and accuse Christians, same old song sung by a different singer. I have patience and I have love but it only goes as far as the receiver will allow it; if I attempted to witness with open expression of love to a person who has shown no regard for our Bible(hence LOVE); then that only brings further crucifying upon the Son. My love and patience is my continuance to try and understand the topic and the reason for it and why a person has left faith in God/Jesus after 49 years...Once upon a time it took me days and many back and forth posts similar to this one in fact, but finally the person broke down and told me why they were bitter and angry at God/Jesus/Bible and Christians as a whole. So there can be a resolve somewhere and flowering with love is less respected than standing our ground and defending truth; even when it seems or sounds cold. Trust me, I wouldn't even be here posting if love was not the reason.

So please spare me also your lukewarm mediating, it makes me want to vomit. How dare you pick me out from the discussion as the one in the wrong, what a mockery you bring upon believers all over the world.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

LOL!

Okay! Flame on and vomit to your heart's content.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

LOL!

Okay! Flame on and vomit to your heart's content.

How about applying the love is patient and love is kind passage to yourself. You took the one thing you deemed negative from my last post and chose that as your reason to comment back and laugh out loud. I knew I spotted you correctly, though I'm also willing to give the benefit of the doubt! There was nothing funny about what I stated...it's very alarming that a person leaves and rejects salvation after 1 minute or 49 years. So get off the fence and get in the battle or keep to yourself. You caused more harm regarding this discussion between Maxi and I then you're aware of.

You do not approve of the way I defend truth, you are free to address me, but to state that I'm wrong or what I should/should not do is quite possibly the reason the OP left Christianity. You need to learn what time line we are in (if you are not aware) and that we are to do what it takes to pull people OUT of the fire;

If you came home with your house on fire and there was no time to call for help without the person inside perishing; would you stand outside the window and serenade them with love songs or climb up and pull them out even if it meant risking a few burns, cuts and bruises and possibly a broken bone or two? Think about that with regards to eternal life.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I feel there is nothing more I can add to your discussion. Believe what you will.

You are indeed a crazymaker!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join