It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas shortage in Western Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Gas shortage in Western Canada

ca.news.yahoo.com

CALGARY - Two major gas retailers in Western Canada have stepped up efforts to keep motorists supplied after problems at an Imperial Oil (TSX:IMO) refinery near Edmonton created shortages in several provinces.

Parkland Income Fund (TSX: PKI.UN) said Friday it has been working hard to make sure the rural filling stations it runs don't dry up and has been helping Imperial Oil fill some supply shortages at Esso stations.

Meanwhile, Petro-Canada (TSX: PCA) said its refinery has been able to keep its chain of service stations well supplied.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-3-2008 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Surprisingly enough in oil rich Alberta they run out of gas at the Esso stations, as well as the Shell stations have been having similar problems, I believe something other than what they are saying in the yahoo article is up

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hypr2008

We have some of the richest deposits in the world. This is like Saudi running out of gas.

What the heck is Harper up to...he kisses Bush's butt and rips us off!

Do you know that Ontario and Quebec buy most of their petro from the UK!
Since Mulroney sold our oil, lumber and water rights to the USA it has almost come to the point that it might make economic sense to join the USA....wait...maybe thats what they want.
Good thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'd only sense something being up if that refinery wasn't in fact having problems. But if it is, that explanation is perfectly plausible.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
so this is why our gas prices are high, I thought it was because we were using liters vs gallons, its because we sold all our oil, I'd figure we would use our own oil, because pretty much it makes Petrol Canada an oxymoron if we use oil from the UK.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hypr2008

No, it's so high because on the world market demand's increasing while supply's decreasing. Oh, and they're taxing you guys out the yin-yang.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

Ture, but is the tax on gas included in the prices there or not included?

In Canada's case taxes are included in the price for fuel.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I live in Calgary and this is the first I have heard of this but damn WTH! We have TONS of oil here, I have no clue what our refining capacity is but still we should have enough gas?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The reason for the shortages, is because both Shell and Esso's refinerys are not producing, Shell has been down for

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The gas shortage in Alberta is only the beginning of something larger. We have always taken our gas for granted, that it would be there for us always....but now we are in reality and nothing seems as it should be....what a wake up call.

What we do today impacts tomorrow. First its food, now gas and then it will be water that we will be short of.
It is not that we shouldn't eat so much or drive so much, but it is how we do things that make a difference.
Every so often we need a reality check, and this is one that we will remember and bring us back to where we should be.

We never know how good we have something until its gone.We are one step away from being homeless; yes all of us. Too bad that this has to take us back in time for us to move forward. But everything comes full circle.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yeah one of our gas stations over here are down. But I hardly believe that it's because of shortages. I heard there was some minor fix up that they had to do on a cracked pipe I think.

They changed the story and called that it was a shortage, instead of shutting it down from a crack on a pipe, because that will get a lot of people's blood boiling.

Edit: Oops, not a cracked pipe. They had to fix the cracking unit to process the gasoline.
My bad, and that's for the Petrocan refinery. But I still don't think there's a shortage though!!

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Shrukin89]

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Shrukin89]

new topics

top topics

join