It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Steve Fossett Find a Path to Another Dimension

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ok...i dont know much about this...but people are saying that he could have just went missing somewhere remote...but even the worst of planes have trackers....satellite navigation and whatever else...so how could he just go missing???...an he seems like a guy who would have this navigation and everything else high tech he can get his hands on...it seems a bit far out when u say the 4th dimension but i wouldnt write it of completely

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What bothers me about M's letters are he claims he is not the greatest friends with Forsett, but apparently Foresett's wife calls and tells him about what she saw? Why would his wife bother calling M? I'm sure she would have called a relative, not a stranger. I doubt she'd know very much about M at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
reply to post by freighttrain

The myans did not predict the end of the world. Even if they did, what makes them so credible to predict such a thing?

As far as I know, scientists discuss it in a theoretical way. Of course, theory is a necessary step to discovery, but nothing as of yet (that I know of) has been discovered to prove (tangibly) there are other dimensions.

A side note: Thanks are in order to bigfatfurrytexan for those links

Well their calender is a physical description of the most accurate astrology to date, and their calender ends on Dec 21,2012. Now I don't think that means literally end of the world by some destruction. Based on what we know it means we're moving into a new cycle (around 2400 years per cycle). Many theories says this means a shift into time (4th dimensions). Personally I've been looking into this for few years now and I believe something is happening not just by my count, but by many more people as well. I've noticed time not being as steady as it used to be compared to a decade ago. Also there has been many others claiming on something MAJOR happening around 2012. Guess only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
Well their calender is a physical description of the most accurate astrology to date, and their calender ends on Dec 21,2012.

True, but that doesnt lend any credibility to a prediction about the end of the world.

Now I don't think that means literally end of the world by some destruction.

Thanks for the clarification, but where do they actually say "end of the world" in any capacity?

Anyway this is off-topic. My feeling on the whole thing, the 2012 connection was thrown into the story to hook those that are already on the bandwagon of 2012 theories.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Originally posted by percievedreality
I think they did "lose" a nuke out there in Nevada and the search for Fossett was a cover to look for it.

But why Steve Fossett? Why not any other Joe Blow? If all you need is a cover, why does the "victim" need to be one of the most visible adventurers in modern culture? They could have simply said a military craft crashed somewhere and they were looking for it.

It makes no sense that they would draw more attention to the search by involving someone with some celebrity. It's nonsensical.

Nonsensical? How about, because "Joe Blow" dosen't share vast wealth including interests in a mining company that owns the vast majority of the land they are searching! Or how about, because "Joe Blow" or even your "missing 12-yr old boyscout" dosen't warrant the use of our nations armed forces in a "search and rescue" operation! Or what of, "plausible deniability". Why not go to a known "visible adventurer" and in exchange for certain things, invite him into a secret space-mission to afar?

BTW, so how do you account for the sudden death of 7 servicemen (within 7 days) related to this incident? Going to claim that was pure coincidence? Pretty apathetic if you ask me, look into the serviceman who was on a trip to Portland, Oregon but was found in Wahington State, apparently dead from "sucide". Open and closed? You might think, except for the fact he was not found in his rental car (he did not even have a drivers license) and was wearing a fanny pack containing a gps and videocamera, two items that someone INTENT on returning from their hike would likely carry. Look at the details behind everything, as they are often overlooked in the simplified story that they just expect everyone to take as the truth. You are lied to evey time you hear the news.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
Well their calender is a physical description of the most accurate astrology to date, and their calender ends on Dec 21,2012.

True, but that doesnt lend any credibility to a prediction about the end of the world.

Now I don't think that means literally end of the world by some destruction.

Thanks for the clarification, but where do they actually say "end of the world" in any capacity?

Anyway this is off-topic. My feeling on the whole thing, the 2012 connection was thrown into the story to hook those that are already on the bandwagon of 2012 theories.

Well since their calender was so accurate (more then even now) it's ironic that ends on that exact day... the calender itself finishes on that day, moving in a cycle form as if it was intended for it to finish on that day, plus I-chen and Zero point by Terrence Mckenna! Lot of things point to this event for whatever reason!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

You seem to be making connections that may not have any basis in fact. Yet, you're stating them as fact. That makes real, level-headed discussion impossible.

Okay....so Steve Fossett is on Mars, maybe? Nah..I was just there a couple of weeks ago...didn't see him.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by SkipShipman

The 4th dimension is "time", and we're all living in it at the moment. His disappearance was not filled with mystery. Where do you people get this stuff from? There's enough documented wonder in the world without having to resort to making stuff up. Come on, folks! Keep it together.

To recap: Steve's plane was lost over a vast region where sudden down-draughts can smack a plane 2,000ft down into the ground in seconds. There are enough ground features to hide a small plane very, very easily, and indeed the area is littered with other planes that met a similar fate. Jumping to conclusions about extradimensional travel just makes this board look silly.

Did you read the above post? The "mystery," is that his plane was never found. The rest of it is skeptical. I am not the original poster.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ok first i would like to say that this is a great thread. i just got finished reading this whole thread. it would have been alot easier if people diddnt use the same arguements over and over because nobody is going to change their mind if they hear the same thing two or more times. if you are just dening the possiblity of this happening then you should not be here unless you have some sort of proof. you dont have to be here.

i think it would be more likely for this to happen if he really talk about the fourth dimension and he did land on the ground then went missing.

also for a time at the end of last year, i read up alot on 2012 and all of that. i dont remember if it was the mayans but they believed that the sun was going to change or something like that. i think the next solar cycle starts in 2012. im talking about this because in my research i ran in to some hopi profecies. that is how i really found ATS and kept running into it.

anways, the Hopi indians believe that we are in one world (i dont remeber if it is the third or fourth) and that the earth gets corrupted and destroyed so the legend says that right before that happens they go to the next world. i wouldnt have thought too much of this coincidence , BUT i remembered that the hopi are situated in nevada. i think there is something beyond our comprehension in this area. and as for the validity of the hopi, they did have other profecies that did happen like the 2 world wars and predicting another if they stop thier customs. but then again you could dismiss profecies (i personnally believe they come from another plane of existence for a high being).

i just want to add that i do believe in areas that are mysterious (whether it be enchanted, mystical, spiratual, even fourth dimensional, or what ever you call it). like places in south america where cars CANT go past 20 mph foward but they can go in reverse normal, or bermuda triangle, or it equivalencing in japan. or other smaller triangles like one i believe hits new york.

...or he could have crashed.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by drflux]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ok... so this is my first post and i actually signed up just to say this....
so we live in (according to M theory and string theory) a ten dimensional universe.
3 spatial, 1 temperal and 6 unknown. The 6 that are unknown are balled up causing the laws of physics to work the way they do....(for references learn about m theory)
3 spatial: left right, up and down, and back and forward...
and one temperal: time

the whole idea of finding a "portal into the fourth dimension (time)" is crazy...
maybe (and this is stretching it) a portal to another universe, that makes more sense, (notice i said MORE sense)
-im not calling anybody a lier, but the headlines should be properly worded.
my friends and I got a great laugh when reading that some one had got to the "fourth dimension" lmao

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by french_berg
ok... so this is my first post and i actually signed up just to say this....
so we live in (according to M theory and string theory) a ten dimensional universe.
3 spatial, 1 temperal and 6 unknown. The 6 that are unknown are balled up causing the laws of physics to work the way they do....(for references learn about m theory)
3 spatial: left right, up and down, and back and forward...
and one temperal: time

the whole idea of finding a "portal into the fourth dimension (time)" is crazy...
maybe (and this is stretching it) a portal to another universe, that makes more sense, (notice i said MORE sense)
-im not calling anybody a lier, but the headlines should be properly worded.
my friends and I got a great laugh when reading that some one had got to the "fourth dimension" lmao

I will ask you if you have read the thread? If not (sigh), look at this link:

www.tenthdimension.com...

There are other concepts besides that which you ascribe to. The Fourth Dimension is Tetraspace. In this reality we have up/down, left/right, forward/backward. In Tetraspace you also have something akin to "in/out". This is a direction we currently cannot go, but i bet black holes have found their way there in one form or fashion.

BTW, if you like m-theory, you should look into brane theory. It is a further evolution on the concept.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I believe he either augured in somewhere or will end up on a future season of Lost.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

i think it could be true. for years there have been rumors about him and amelia earhart

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
this could be true. for years there have been rumors about hin and amelia earhart

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I bet black holes have found their way there in one form or fashion.

Hi BFFT!! Black holes? What black holes? Hmmm....Check out this thread, Black Holes Are A Myth!! A Fraud Being Perpetuated By A Coterie Of Scientists!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

Stranger things have proven to be true.

Name seven.

As soon as we think of the universe in terms of the "fabric of space", we can begin to consider the imperfections inherent in spacetime. I have no difficulty imagining transdimensional/transtemporal/transgalactic fissures. What bothers me far more is that any inexpert exploration of such things might be suicidal. What kind of atmosphere can one breathe in another dimension? What gravitational forces will act on one's physical form?

The man may have found a doorway to one of the strangest elsewheres we can imagine, it doesn't mean he'll ever be back to tell us about it.

(He might be having a whale of a time with Glenn Miller and won't want to come back!)

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Although this subject is off the topic I'd like to answer a few questions about 2012. You asked if it defines a end of the world, in mayan prophecy it states that it will be the end of an age and the start of a new level of enlightenment. As always Spite you bash alot of posts but don't offer alot of proof just putting that out there start doing some research for yourself instead of trying to tell the poster to dig up facts for claims you don't agree with.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipShipman

It's not really even a mystery, as the terrain has lots of crevices and rock formations that could very easily conceal a crashed airplane, especially one that's been pulverised after being slammed into the ground at several hundred knots per hour, then slid under cover. The area he crashed in is a plane graveyard due to the weather conditions and remoteness.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
Although this subject is off the topic I'd like to answer a few questions about 2012. You asked if it defines a end of the world, in mayan prophecy it states that it will be the end of an age and the start of a new level of enlightenment.

Actually, i think the loose translations go something like "A new world age"; " A new Creation"; "A transition into a new age" (that one might be hopi) I havent really come across a credible source that said the mayans knew we were headed to a higher level of enlightenment. To me, that statement is just new age interpretation. If you can find a credible source, i will of course review it.

As always Spite you bash alot of posts but don't offer alot of proof

I have posted very few comments on this thread; hardly enough to be classified as "a lot"

Secondly, I didnt bash any post, I just disagreed with them.
I am offering a counter-argument to a fourth dimensional possibility. Seeing as we have yet to prove tangibly that there is a fourth dimension, what proof do I need to offer?

BFFT gave me some very interesting reading material (which I am thankful for) but it still dances in the realm of theory.

As for the 2012 talk, I was curious on that posters take on it, so i asked a few questions. Since when is dissenting conversation and alternative opinion a bad thing? I you want to read a one sided discussion, this is not the place for you.

just putting that out there start doing some research for yourself

I would suggest you do the same, try digging into both sides of an argument before making an opinion.

It also helps if you have an idea of who you are talking to. I research what interests me, 2012 prophecies do not fall into that category.

instead of trying to tell the poster to dig up facts for claims you don't agree with.

Why is asking for specifics and evidence of a claim an issue with you? If someone has formed an opinion about something, why can I not ask for that persons research in order to better understand their position?

By the way, a smug attitude and minor accusations do little to further your position.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

It also helps if you have an idea of who you are talking to. I research what interests me, 2012 prophecies do not fall into that category.

Well you seemed to be a genius on the subject from your first two posts, seems you just said you knew something about something then totally contridicted yourself and said 2012 categories aren't something that interests you? Hmmm think you need to figure out what direction your going in.

All of your other questions were nulled because they didn't offer any factual information again, and by the way there are many theories supporting multiple dimensions, www.jyi.org... , that refers to string theory and also I watched a special on discovery science about the B-Brain theory if I can find more on that I'll get it for you as well. The reason I ask for you to support facts and not opinions is for the simple reason that your doing alot of criticizing an not alot of research. Find me theory's that would state that there are no other dimensions, and also find me Steve Fossetts plane; then maybe just maybe I'll agree with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join