It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Firefox Just stoped working together.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have been locked out of ATS for about 5 days, At 1st thought it was ATS banning me for something or other, then I kept noticing everytime I loged in, it would just log in but not show i was loged in anywhere, no avatars, more ads, the whole nine yards.

I have been using firefox ever since I got this new puter(2 years) . Now I havent the foggiest why but Firefox isnt working now with ATS, I didnt even have another browser since I deleted IE after having So much Leaks in the means of Spyware an adware.

Now Im using the newest Ie worked fine, but I hate IE, its a Walking Cash register with a sign on it that reads " Hey Im broken, you can tap in on the side an my cash drawer will open"

Anywho, I thought I would state this seeing how I was seeing all these threads an no mention of a problem....

Also hope ATS can fix this lil ordeal,

Thanks for reading
Trance.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was just using FF on ATS just about an hour ago... Are you sure your log-in cookie didn't expire?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm using firefox right now and am not having any problems... Not sure what could be causing yours to log you out. Have you tried deleting cookies/history/etc. and seeing if that helps? Or maybe restarting the computer?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
firefox here too, I have not had any problems what so ever

are you running an updated or old Firefox

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No problems here with my Firefox and ATS. Sorry to hear you are having problems

[edit on 21-2-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have used Firefox to access ATS for a couple of years. I am on it now with no problem, have had no problems getting on at all. Do you have the latest Firefox update?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

Do you use Zone Alarm?

I have had that exact problem for several months now with BTS and PTS. (It only affects ATS if I have logged into either of the other two first.)

Regardless, if you use ZA, I think you are out of luck. No one seems to know why ZA is such a problem. You'll have to make a choice as to whether you want to keep using ZA.

For me, I keep hoping the problem will just resolve itself one day by itself. Until then, I just stick with ATS and rarely visit the other two sites.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Make sure your cookies are set to expire when the originating site says they should. Clear them out, too.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
in all honesty i think posts like these dont really belong here at all whatsoever

yeah somepeople are able to help fix it

but did you get paranoid to think that firefox was conspiring against something?

to me, it just seems of late that alot of posts not even closely related to the site make their way one here

yeah im a complainer

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
in all honesty i think posts like these dont really belong here at all whatsoever

yeah somepeople are able to help fix it

but did you get paranoid to think that firefox was conspiring against something?

to me, it just seems of late that alot of posts not even closely related to the site make their way one here

yeah im a complainer

I couldnt agree more about what you said. But in reguards to your post... this is in the questions and information section and it was a question overall about firefox inconjuction with ats, my cookies are set to " keep untill they expire "

I say this only becuz i have been using this forum for 2 years with firefox with no probs, my cookies was the 1st thing i checked.

When I log in, It goes on like i loged in but like im a unregistered user. an now seeing how all you are having no probs and I dont use Zone Alarm, Im not sure what the problem is, I emailed ATS a couple days ago on My Tranceopticalinclined Username.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Hmmm. Those are the exact same symptoms I have, and whenever I disable ZA, the problem disappears. Do you use any other kind of firewall? Try disabling it and see if you still have the problem. Maybe it's not ZA but any type of firewall.

There was a time when this wasn't a problem for me. Then one day....boom.

link   
Using FireFox right now. Mod should change the title of this thread, it is misleading.

link   
Clear your cookies, and disable adblock if you have it. Disable greasemonkey. Sometimes they can mess with things.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

touche

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I say this only becuz i have been using this forum for 2 years with firefox with no probs, my cookies was the 1st thing i checked.

wow and you have only posted this,
ATS Points: 16
BTS Points: 3
PTS Points: 2

Not much of a poster eh, and no avatar either.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The same thing happen to when I click reply on one of the treads. It give me the message,treads has be remove to be work on. And ATS look different. It had the same as we here on top. But it had picture by each name. Like home had picture by it. all of them had a picture by them. Even login and logout had a picture by it. And the same lest that was on top. Was also in the middle going strength down. With home on top and login and logout on the bottom. With no picture by them. It had a blue screen. So I click home and ATS went back to it normal look.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by kennethmd]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon

wow and you have only posted this,
ATS Points: 16
BTS Points: 3
PTS Points: 2

Not much of a poster eh, and no avatar either.

Its called making a new account and trying to see if i was baned or whatnot, anyways to the people who actually are reading this an understanding what is happening, I do use greeasemonkey, my firewall has been the same for the 2 years i had this an this site is listed as a exception for my firewall, Im gonna disable greasemonkey but that too has been on here for quite some time. its so wierd just out of the blue...

Will disable greasemonkey an try....

We have alot of people who are pretty quick to talk trash about others even thoe they arent in full understanding about situation, Lets try an keep that down ok, this isnt CSI or Scooby doo mystery hour, its a forum to talk about many subjects but none of which are to pester or talk down to one another.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
We have alot of people who are pretty quick to talk trash about others even thoe they arent in full understanding about situation

If that was directed to me in any way, you are wrong. I was not talking trash, i simply stated that the title of the thread is misleading, therefor should be changed, because your problem has nothing to do with ATS not working with Firefox.

My second comment was only stating the obvious, that either you were not with this site for 2 years, or like you said, you created a new Account.

Sorry if you feel some people are talking trash, but most are just Stating the truth.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ok greasemonkey is disabled, my cookies are set to keep untill they expire... my firewall is set to allow this site....

anyone know what this could be?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well it says exept cookies till they Expire, Did it Expire?

[edit on 21-2-2008 by darcon]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join