It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq war vet accused of baby rape

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman
Pfft rape in Iraq is a commen theme in Iraq so isnt shooting children in front of there family for info.

man this guy musta been really sick for them to report him.

wow some justice finally.

That's just BS. Nice to see some objectivity here, from someone without any chip on their shoulder. There is absolutely no common theme of shooting children in front of their parents for any reason, much less just for info. There is no correlation with him having been in the military, and being a sick individual that would do something like this(if it is true).

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wish this story was something that could be dismissed as a hoax

I personally was hospitalised and diagnosed w/ major depression when returning from somolia anlong w/ a pretty good injury. I was on painkillers antidepressants and was known to get rather liquored up from time to time...Never did anything like this.

Dont blame the military for his actions...I would bet that there were issues there already.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You have a very skewed understanding of what the majority of military personnel are like, or are doing in Iraq. You take obviously messed up individuals like this, and then use that to try to make a point that can't be made, about "agendas" in Iraq. If the agenda was to simply kill Iraqis, we could've killed every last one of them, and come home already. The Sunni civilians in Al Anbar are Al Qaeda's biggest target now, because they are fighting them and helping out their country and US forces. Attacks on them have quadrupled, and their recruiting hasn't waned because Iraqis understand who the real enemies of Iraq are(and it's not the US).

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If a soldier do like this when he gets home, you can imagine what he has done while in the duty in Iraq...

My heart is crying for those innosent people over there.

Well, situation can change fast if Sadr end his army cease fire at next saturday...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
When I first enlisted, I was told that the military is a mirror of the civilian population. You have good people and bad people. Hardworkers and slackers. Ones that break the law and those that uphold it.

It doesn't excuse what this person did, but those that are trying to skew this to fit their agenda of "insane Iraqi War vet" are wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

I have a skewed understanding?

Ok answer this one question.... is the US military killing Iraqis? If your answer is yes, then I do not see where my understanding is skewed.

I do not care if he served his country or served ice cream, he should be put to death. A person that would do something like this to a 3 month old baby does not deserve to breathe my air. Normally I think things through logically and remove the emotional aspect of it before commenting, however an act such as this is beyond any human comprehension. I am not interested in anything other than did he do this? If yes, put him to death. Whatever that makes me, so be it. Thats just how I feel about the whole reprehensible thing.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yes the US Military is killing Iraqis, so are a few other countries, so are some Iraqis, that point is moot in this instance,
Just because you are, or have been in the military(any nations) does not make you a "killer" and does not give you any excuse for doing something that horrible... This is where personal respsonsibility comes in.. if you do something this heinous, it is no ones fault but your own...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It makes me sick to see this tied to him being a vet. His military career had nothing to do with him raping a 3 month old.

I think I know what you're saying, but the fact is that his "military career" - or rather, the stress induced by seeing people die, perhaps killing people himself - is the first and most logical suspect as to the causes of his "insanity".

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
I think I know what you're saying, but the fact is that his "military career" - or rather, the stress induced by seeing people die, perhaps killing people himself - is the first and most logical suspect as to the causes of his "insanity".

I would think that his passing out from drinking would be a more logical suspect than potential PTSD.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I'm not excusing his behavior. If he molested a kid, he should be taken out with extreme predjudice. My point was that what he did was not analogous to what is going on in Iraq by US servicemembers, or the agenda that is in place.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I hope this isn't true, because when I read it I litrelly started to feel sick and disgusted. Broken bones? how rough was he!?

Man if that was true and I saw him, god help him.

Just so we are clear, was there any witnesses, if he truly fell asleep, could it have been someone else?

[edit on 21-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Coleman allegedly told investigators he blacked out after drinking heavily and taking painkillers and awoke to find the injured baby in her crib, The Jackson Citizen Patriot reported. WILX-TV says he remains free on $100,000 bond.

Free on BOND???? FREE on BOND!!!!

OMG...If this incident isn't enough to keep somebody locked up, then what the heck is? Why is this guy walking around and not in jail?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

No.

Something this terrible cannot be blamed on his time in Iraq. What a total cop-out.

If that stuff about the alcohol/pills is true then truly, honestly, I wouldn't know what to think. Even though he wasn't in his right frame of mind, he put himself into that situation, he has no one but himself for being that much under the influence. Therefore it is his fault.

Something like this can't go unpunished, whether he was under the influence or not.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toy_soldier
reply to post by ThichHeaded

No.

Something this terrible cannot be blamed on his time in Iraq. What a total cop-out.

If that stuff about the alcohol/pills is true then truly, honestly, I wouldn't know what to think. Even though he wasn't in his right frame of mind, he put himself into that situation, he has no one but himself for being that much under the influence. Therefore it is his fault.

Something like this can't go unpunished, whether he was under the influence or not.

Yes, the ONLY way he actually is innocent is if he actually did fall asleep, and stayed asleep, could it be possible for someone else to do this while he was asleep?

What I don't understand is who was this baby, why were they in the room with the baby, why were they drinking alcohol? Who was there, was there any witnesses?

[edit on 21-2-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It's very possible that someone else did this while he was asleep/passed out. But that's just baseless speculation. We could sit here all night and say what happened or who this could possibly have been, but without further information we will just be shooting in the dark.

Based on the information that we know (provided by the media that we're all undecided as to whether we trust or not), he is definately in a position to be punished, and harshly.

Good questions as to who the baby was and why it was left in the care of this disturbed individual. Perhaps the answers will come out in due course?

Whatever the outcome is, the only thing for sure is that this baby is totally innocent and did not deserve what happened to it, at any degree, and SOMEONE needs to be held responsible for this attrocity.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toy_soldier
Nothing he could have seen or done in his 2 hours in Iraq could have warped his mind enough to do something like this.

I think there is a certain class of individual who thrives in a lawless environment. It allows them to do things they could not do otherwise. The fact that he drinks himself into oblivion while watching babies shows that he is far from being a boy scout. Being an Iraqi vet does not qualify one automatically for saint hood. I know from Vietnam that war attracts a very unsavory sort of individual along with the super patriotic.

[edit on 2-21-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Toy_soldier

Yeah, somebody did this, it's a shame that we have so little information.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
It makes me sick to see this tied to him being a vet. His military career had nothing to do with him raping a 3 month old. Why slander the entire military over the actions of one insane individual?

Yeah, really.

Tell that to the people who hate cops.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
All the good soldiers have left the forces the only ones left now are pretty much psychopaths. There is the occasional soldier that will protest if his troop is raping a woman but most of the time they will just either shut up or join because they don't want to get frag'd.

I'm speaking truth here people stop romancing things and saying that him being a soldier has nothing to do with this mad act of violence. The modern military is nothing like it used to be. These days they take felons and the worst of society because no one "just" believes in fighting wars for corporations add to that the overt training of these soldiers to be utterly brutal and have no mercy.

There is no honor anymore because the cause is dishonorable. The plan was to go into Iraq foment civil war and eventually balkanize the country. To do this the military are literally instructed to go buck. As bad as this incident is far worse happens and it isn't even reported.

This was 4 years ago. What happens now.

I support the few good soldiers because i feel sorry for people who really believe they are fighting for their country and not for profits but most of them have already left the cause i'm afraid and now we just have megalomaniacs.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

All the good soldiers have left the forces the only ones left now are pretty much psychopaths.

I'm speaking truth here ..... These days they take felons and the worst of society because no one "just" believes in fighting wars for corporations add to that the overt training of these soldiers to be utterly brutal and have no mercy.

First off, you are NOT speaking truth. You are speaking opinion. A mighty warped opinion.

Second, your broad characterisation of our men and woman who are choosing to serve, is just WRONG! There are people serving, posting on this board who are NOT psychopaths, not felons, not the worst of society...and I would go as far as to say they represent the majority.

Also, they dont take felons.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join