It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon report investigated lasers that put voices in your head

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

"Pentagon report investigated lasers that put voices in your head"

physorg.com

A recently unclassified report from the Pentagon from 1998 has revealed an investigation into using laser beams for a few intriguing potential methods of non-lethal torture. Some of the applications the report investigated include putting voices in people's heads, using lasers to trigger uncontrolled neuron firing, and slowly heating the human body to a point of feverish confusion - all from hundreds of meters away.
(visit the link for the full news article)

At the behest of a member who u2u'ed me, here's the link to a pdf of the actual report.

Bioeffects of Selected Non-Lethal Weapons

[edit on 20-2-2008 by synappz]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is amazingly scary. It makes me wonder what sort of other alternative weapons are out there being tested that we know nothing about, or that we haven't even thought of yet.

Anyone have any experience with these, or think they may have been subjected to it?

physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-2-2008 by synappz]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
That is certainly one way of making someone feel like they are going insane. The government would never use this domestically..... right???

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
That is certainly one way of making someone feel like they are going insane. The government would never use this domestically..... right???

Whether used domestically or on foreigners it's still not right. I can't believe they spend so much time and money thinking up new ways to harm people, it's just evil.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
So I have been reading on the site for a few days non stop now. I just had to register and ask this question.
Could this information have anything to do with the fact that within the year we in the US will have to have digital TVs if we want dervice?
I keep seeing the adds that unless you have a digital TV by some date next winter you will no longer be able to have TV. The add says its a new law!
A law to inhance your TV?????
Please let me know what you think.
Also did I post right this looks strange.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Digital TV law
Here is a lint to a news artical about it.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

I don't believe that has anything to do with it. Apparently, your current nonHD tv should still work fine if connected to a cable or satellite service, as well as working fine for video games.

The only problem you'll have is getting over the air broadcast channels without a converter of some sort.

Coupon for converter box

There you go, try that link out.

Apparently the new "HD" ota channels take up less bandwidth, and are compressed better in order to carry more content on a smaller amount bandwidth.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand...I don't think that digital television transmissions would have anything to do with a laser weapon of any sort. I think these are being tested as more of a "crowd control" riot gear sort of weapon. Even still, its despicable, and in my opinion, a form of cruel and unusual punishment. Let's hope they never resort to using weapons of this sort.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Ok trying to stay on subject...........
The artical in question here clearly says

The report explained several types of non-lethal laser applications, including microwave hearing, disrupted neural control, and microwave heating. For the first type, short pulses of RF energy (2450 MHz) can generate a pressure wave in solids and liquids. When exposed to pulsed RF energy, humans experience the immediate sensation of "microwave hearing" - sounds that may include buzzing, ticking, hissing, or knocking that originate within the head.

Digital TV emmits RF signals.

By the way I already have digital tv. I was thinking of getting rid of it already, this just may up the desire to rid myself of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Based on the Gov, they would if they needed to... Chances are they wouldn't need to target someone locally...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomataprice
So I have been reading on the site for a few days non stop now. I just had to register and ask this question.
Could this information have anything to do with the fact that within the year we in the US will have to have digital TVs if we want dervice
I keep seeing the adds that unless you have a digital TV by some date next winter you will no longer be able to have TV. The add says its a new law!
A law to inhance your TV?????
Please let me know what you think.
Also did I post right this looks strange.

If I had to guess and trust me I am, but I'd say the reason for all digital is so we stop shooting radio waves into space like a beacon attracting every civ within 50 light years of us? A strategic type move maybe?

Ok now that worries me man, the law part of it... What if the digital TV's have these mind control lasers?

[edit on 20-2-2008 by HruthTurts]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

I'm assuming your not from the UK (don't know why tho) here we have been going through this process for ages now. There was a big awareness campaign going back a couple of years, and discounts / vouchers on equipment like set top boxes, all new TV's should be digital ready (you would have to be pretty daft to by an analogue only one). The other month the first place in the country underwent the switch over - they turned off the analogue signal forever.

I don't think that this has anything to do with this subject though. The old analogue signal was a very inefficient use of the bandwidth - much better to go digital with all the services and extra channels. Suppose it's now easier to monitor peoples watching habits, but then only through cable, you can get digital through an areal.

This link Is kinda related (there was a very good thread on this ages ago, but I can't find it now) Its about a sonic device that puts voices in peoples head - it uses highly focused beam of sound (not laser light) that is supposedly tuned to sound like a real voice in your ear - but someone standing next to you would not hear a thing. And the worst thing It is being used already in Advertising Billboards!!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Microwave Transmissions

Seems 2450 is within the range of microwave transmissions, which makes sense to me that this is the range of these weapons.

ATSC (Digital Transmissions)

If you're in the US, this is the standard the OTA HD channels will use. Seems its at 6mhz, which is well below the range of microwave transmissions.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomataprice
Ok trying to stay on subject...........
The artical in question here clearly says

The report explained several types of non-lethal laser applications, including microwave hearing, disrupted neural control, and microwave heating. For the first type, short pulses of RF energy (2450 MHz) can generate a pressure wave in solids and liquids. When exposed to pulsed RF energy, humans experience the immediate sensation of "microwave hearing" - sounds that may include buzzing, ticking, hissing, or knocking that originate within the head.

2450MHz? If i'm not mistaken that's 2.45GHz. Wireless PC devices on the 802.11 standard typically operate at 2.4GHz along with cordless phones and microwave ovens work at 2.45GHz.

This would seem to indicate that these weapons are going to be like sticking your head in a microwave. The government is planning to cook peoples heads....

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a while back i watched those videos about people swearing they are being targeted----burned, the buzzing and harassed by the gov't----aznd at the time i thought,, other than these claims---they seem like evryday, normal people.

and yet this gives there claims validity----you figure--they have to try it on someone to see if it's effective and works.

the people on those videos descibe these exact scenario's ---buzzing, burning, headaches etc etc.

i'm gonna ,locate that vid and have a second look.

new topics

top topics

join